Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!! - page 88. (Read 278416 times)

Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Activity: 577
Shine Like The Sun
Well, I don't think any of us would sue P. Harris if the coin would now be pumped to 50k. My point is this -> u can feel free to not hold it for a while and jump back in IF it starts to bullet again.

In crypto world strange things can happen, and even the Devs and the Lakotas seem to be just having coffee. P. Harris is going to conferences and promoting the coin.

- Tomi

ps. I totally agree that stating Maza coin as historys first sovereign cryptocurrency was a HUMANGOUS pr mistake. Becourse it was clearly ment to be one in the future. This mistake among others might have been the faithfull one.

Maza Tov brothers

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

I'm fairly positive (no proof) that http://maplecoin.cf/ had something up like "Unofficial National Cryptocurrency of Canada" or something similar and was changed a little after to what it says now which is "National Crypto-Currency For Canada And The World."   I bet that AnonymousPirate came up with that wording on the Mazacoin site and it has not been changed since.  It's very misleading and in my opinion, and forgetting about the insane devaluation, why a lot of people are down on this coin.  It's fine to hope that this will be the first coin but the wording makes one believe it IS a sovereign national currency.  It is clearly not as of 3/19/14.  This is why I stopped mining it and why I will not be touching Maplecoin.

I expect Maple Coin will be DOA. I mean, who here really would want to invest in it, after what we've seen from AP and Maza?

I see on their site this:

The MapleCoin Development Team is extremely proud and honored to have been tasked with creating this Crypto-Coin for the Canada.

They might as well change it to:

The MapleCoin Development Team is extremely proud and honored to have been tasked with creating this Crypto-Coin for the .

What confuses me is I thought Maza separated itself from AP (or AP from maza). Yet AP comes out with a post about not forking the coin. I am just wondering who is the actual dev right now for it.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I am not sure if there are legal grounds for a lawsuit, but when you think about it, the coin creator did make a false claim.
There were many false stories, certainly.
But is there an actual false statement directly from Harris?
Mostly he seems to have said things like 'designed to be the sovereign currency', which is true.
I don't know if you can actually find his fingerprints on the misinformation.

I don't recall, to be honest. But if you go to the maza website right now, you see this:
First Sovereign National Crypto-Coin In History

How can it be the FIRST sovereign national crypto-coin, if it's not currently a sovereign national crypto-coin?
They probably can get away with it, as I have no idea what legal terms or claims are needed for a lawsuit. But they certainly imply it's an official currency of the tribe.

I'm fairly positive (no proof) that http://maplecoin.cf/ had something up like "Unofficial National Cryptocurrency of Canada" or something similar and was changed a little after to what it says now which is "National Crypto-Currency For Canada And The World."   I bet that AnonymousPirate came up with that wording on the Mazacoin site and it has not been changed since.  It's very misleading and in my opinion, and forgetting about the insane devaluation, why a lot of people are down on this coin.  It's fine to hope that this will be the first coin but the wording makes one believe it IS a sovereign national currency.  It is clearly not as of 3/19/14.  This is why I stopped mining it and why I will not be touching Maplecoin.

I am not sure if there are legal grounds for a lawsuit, but when you think about it, the coin creator did make a false claim.
Mostly he seems to have said things like 'designed to be the sovereign currency', which is true.

I don't recall, to be honest. But if you go to the maza website right now, you see this:
First Sovereign National Crypto-Coin In History

How can it be the FIRST sovereign national crypto-coin, if it's not currently a sovereign national crypto-coin?
They probably can get away with it, as I have no idea what legal terms or claims are needed for a lawsuit. But they certainly imply it's an official currency of the tribe.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Haha hiring lawyer because of buying crypto at peak (or at high) of bubble? Smiley

It's like a company selling gold coins and then finding out they are gold wrappers with chocolate coins inside (okay, slight exaggeration).

The coin was advertised as the official sovereign currency of the Lakota tribe. But it simply wasn't true.
Activity: 9
I run HackingDojo.com and am willing to accept five new students using MazaCoin. To be honest, I'm a bigger believer in Bitcoin, but MazaCoin is the first altcoin that I purchased because of the philosophy (wife and I both have native american heritage, and would REALLY like Mazacoin to be successful). Here are the specifics on the student signup info:

Cost: I'll discount any of the courses 50% (so you get to pick which one you want to sign up for)
Exchange rate: Based on Cryptsy
How to purchase: send me a PM and I will provide my public hash

When I have five new students, I will edit this post to let everyone know the offers are gone. If anyone has any questions, please PM me directly. Thanks, and good luck with the coin!
Activity: 560
Haha hiring lawyer because of buying crypto at peak (or at high) of bubble? Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So why is it so many people are so negative about this coin?

This quote here started at http://www.indianz.com/News/2014/012781.asp

“There has been no action taken by the council to approve of a new currency. The economic development office gave a letter of support to Harris to continue to research the industry and that was it. As far as it being an official currency of the tribe that is not true at all. Any action like that would need to go through the council,” said President Brewer.

Forbes Magazine reported that a new currency had been adopted by the Oglala Sioux Tribe and that the new currency was being promoted by Payu Harris and traded on the global market. Forbes claimed that Harris was a member of the tribe, however, there is no one on the rolls named Payu Harris or Payu Kimitsu.

Compounded with a total lack of communication to the miners, investors and general interest in Mazacoin other than some hacker IRC channel that has zero accountability, probability due to the fact he doesn't want to get sued by investors for lies.

At this point I'm thinking of looking into hiring a lawyer to seek damages and I'm only two states away from South Dakota. So it wouldn't be a problem to go after this guy and his tribe that he isn't even apart of.

Beacuse of price doowntrending.
Ye, I'm buying more.Smiley

+5

i wont be posting here much anymore...

:-)
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
Maybe I am remembering wrong, but didn't they say at some point in IRC that AP was no longer working on the coin and doing his own thing (ie Maple Coin)?

I thought Boxxa was the dev now?

Yet a statement comes out about not forking by AP?
Activity: 42
sorry to disagree we passed that stage along time ago...buddy

good luck buying more....
So almost everyone is in  "despair" Smiley
Best time to buy is when ppl think that they won't believe anymore. Smiley

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Mazacoin added to altcoins database
Good luck, miners
Activity: 42
+5

i wont be posting here much anymore...

of all the coins i have invested in ... this one made me passionate...now no longer...

i have put enough btc trying to hold up the value....

i have put enough input on whats needs to be done but it falls on deaf ears...

im a realist...

my final warning is watch out for more dumps...

maza tov

MOLON LABE
Activity: 577
Shine Like The Sun
The fair market value has spoken, and all though we all love the coin.

The MAJORITY of people do not. That is what has happened.

Until P. Harris and the Lakotas, and the Dev regather their forces and show us something concrete (a contract between Lakota leaders etc we have no reason to hold the coin.

I believe we have now bled enough and can RETURN to the coin when and IF it will be reawaken.

There was many pumps and efforts made to stop the loss of value. And to regain the lost value - these will remain now in the sagas of crypto currencies.

- Tomi

Pages:
Jump to: