Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More - page 10. (Read 84731 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
New feature added in by community request - mining calculator/profitability - http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/mining-calculator-added-into-the-tools-2-18-15/351 Neos will alert you of new updates via the indicator in the top menu.  The icon is a lightning bolt.  After clicking it, the details of any updates are presented and you can then proceed by clicking "Update Now".  It's near instant and requires no shutting down or restarting of Neos.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/do-not-use-the-import-wallet-feature-in-the-launcher/349 - please read if you are shifting from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.  If you've never dumped a privkey on a wallet before or imported it, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Best regards,

syntaks

I've updated all system launchers and rebuilt them as well as the installation packages.  Details can be found here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-launchers-updated-for-all-systems-2-18-15/350/1 If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/do-not-use-the-import-wallet-feature-in-the-launcher/349 - please read if you are shifting from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.  If you've never dumped a privkey on a wallet before or imported it, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Best regards,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
I can confirm that the wallet works fine on Windows 8.1

The installer still asks for admin rights, but I can change the installation folder to standard user location and can run everything fine as standard user after installation is done. So not a big issue.

I think the only problem during my all previous attempts was that NEOS services were running when I tried to install a newer version.
This was taken care of by help from syntaks, by running following commands as admin in a command prompt:
  sc stop neosd
  sc stop neosui
  sc delete neosd
  sc delete neosui

I'm on version 2.0.2 now and the wallet works great! Smiley
legendary
Wallet updates posted: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/2-17-15-wallet-updates/345 If anyone has any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
I am no interest in bashing your crappy coin. I thought it had potential but with the attitude I see you taking, I see it does not. You and the 5 other people posting here can have fun with the wallet. I will go dump my holdings now and help crash the price some more. After this I wont be posting here anymore.  Angry

Case in point.  I had responded to "jackbox" and got a response from "siampumpkin".  Those who have worked with me in the past and work with me currently know I don't take an attitude easily and someone being less-than-honest will bring it out in me pretty quickly.  Your opinion is your own and you're entitled to it, but all throughout the response history with "you two" I've given the benefit of the doubt and put honest work and time into trying to diagnose your issues.  You can threaten as much as you'd like regarding the price but I'll still be here coding.

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
I am no interest in bashing your crappy coin. I thought it had potential but with the attitude I see you taking, I see it does not. You and the 5 other people posting here can have fun with the wallet. I will go dump my holdings now and help crash the price some more. After this I wont be posting here anymore.  Angry

Lol! wow... way to respond via the wrong nick...just proof to the case you are a troll trying to FUD a good coin.

We won't miss you, seeing as you have 0 to contribute. Neoscoin dev team offered to help resolve your "issue" but you declined... because any assistance would have revealed no real issue at all.
Activity: 420
Merit: 260
legendary
I've installed this on 3 comps , Win 7 and Win 8 with no errors, including one that had it previously. Everything worked flawlessly, no errors.

If you are installing on a system that had it previously, make sure you run task manager and verify that it isn't already running.

Check your neos-data folder and remove neos.lock if it's there, and launch the wallet again.

If Neos isn't properly shut down (e.g.: a system reboot or killed through task manager) it won't remove the garbage lock file which indicates to Neos.exe whether or not it's already running.  This would explain why there is a unique case so far, as this can only occur during an improper termination or reboot.  I'll work on coding a hack for this as I had coded this lockfile in to prevent people from running multiple controller processes which could lead to issues.  I'll post an update.

Best regards,

syntaks

Where is this "garbage" file located and what is it called? If a program is properly registered with Windows the shutdown process will request proper termination of the program. If NEOS was properly called to shut down during a reboot process, it should properly shut it self down and not leave a file hanging.

If you shut down any wallet via termination, the system crashes or spontaneously reboots, you will have corruption in one place or another and I guarantee you "proper registration" with Windows won't save you from that.  I'm sorry you're having so many issues, but it seems you and one other person have only reported eerily similar events - both having similar post counts, and the exact same ad in their signature.  Hmm.....

Best regards

syntaks
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I've installed this on 3 comps , Win 7 and Win 8 with no errors, including one that had it previously. Everything worked flawlessly, no errors.

If you are installing on a system that had it previously, make sure you run task manager and verify that it isn't already running.

Check your neos-data folder and remove neos.lock if it's there, and launch the wallet again.

If Neos isn't properly shut down (e.g.: a system reboot or killed through task manager) it won't remove the garbage lock file which indicates to Neos.exe whether or not it's already running.  This would explain why there is a unique case so far, as this can only occur during an improper termination or reboot.  I'll work on coding a hack for this as I had coded this lockfile in to prevent people from running multiple controller processes which could lead to issues.  I'll post an update.

Best regards,

syntaks

Where is this "garbage" file located and what is it called? If a program is properly registered with Windows the shutdown process will request proper termination of the program. If NEOS was properly called to shut down during a reboot process, it should properly shut it self down and not leave a file hanging.
legendary

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

legendary
Ok. I am waiting for the new installer to download. Download is slow.

No problem at all I'm not going anywhere.

Time to sleep. Tomorrow I will install it and reboot and see if it continues to work. Thanks for addressing the issues.

That's what I'm here for.  Thanks a lot for giving it another chance.

Good job Syntaks!

After reinstalling and rebooting when you run NEOS.EXE it just says NEOS already running, an icon briefly appears in the app tray and then goes away. Impossible to run the wallet. I will uninstall and give up. Will sell my coins in exchange when price goes back up. Not worth all the hassle to try and get this wallet running. Thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately same result for me. Tired of trying. Too bad. Again a basic, simple wallet would be much preferred. We don't need all the bells and whistles.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but Neos isn't a basic simple wallet.  It's strange that these are the only two reported cases now so I'd like to see what you and the other person having issues might be experiencing.  If teamviewer were an option, I could definitely find the cause of this and fix the situation.

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 420
Merit: 260

Time to sleep. Tomorrow I will install it and reboot and see if it continues to work. Thanks for addressing the issues.

Good job Syntaks!

After reinstalling and rebooting when you run NEOS.EXE it just says NEOS already running, an icon briefly appears in the app tray and then goes away. Impossible to run the wallet. I will uninstall and give up. Will sell my coins in exchange when price goes back up. Not worth all the hassle to try and get this wallet running. Thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately same result for me. Tired of trying. Too bad. Again a basic, simple wallet would be much preferred. We don't need all the bells and whistles.
legendary

Good job Syntaks!

That's really bizarre unless you ran Neos.exe, then tried to run it again or an existing process existed.  Thanks for trying, but this is definitely a singled-out case and without the ability to teamview in, I'm afraid I can't suggest much more.  I've had a total of 12 different people in a mixture of Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems test and try to break things now and none have been able to.  I appreciate the effort though and thank you.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary

Good job Syntaks!

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Good job Syntaks!
legendary

legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: