Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More - page 12. (Read 84731 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
I like the concept of your coin and it's wallet and wanted to get involved. I downloaded the wallet and purchased some coins to hold on the exchanges. After I sent the coins to my wallet I started having problems running the wallet. I am running windows 8.2 and after I run the wallet for a while it stops responding, just giving me the "Initialization" message. I then reinstalled the wallet and imported the wallet.dat and was able to recover my wallet after re-downloading the entire block chain. Low and behold, after running the wallet for short time the problem returned. I am glad I had sent my coins back to an exchange wallet for now until I can figure out thee problems.

The concept of a web wallet it good, but a simple, standard wallet should be available for those of us that wish to use an old style wallet or have problems with our configuration for one reason or another. Currently, I cannot involve myself with a coin that gives me so much frustration with the wallet. A simple wallet would solve this for me and others, I imagine.

Thanks.

Are all of the steps that were taken listed here already?  I haven't had other reports of this on 8.2 yet but that could just be due to there not being many 8.2 wallets in use.  As far as recovering your wallet only after re-downloading the blockchain, that wouldn't solve the wallet issue or it showing up unless the chain data was corrupt and that might be due to the bootstrap it fetches during the first run.  I'll be looking into the bootstrap and trying to reproduce this and my apologies for any inconvenience.  I'll keep this post updated as well as twitter/our forum with any findings.

Best regards,

syntaks

Yes, what I listed is everything that I have done. The only way to recover was for me to delete the program directory and reinstall NEOS wallet again and re-download the block chain again for the 3rd time. I am currently downloading the block chain so I wont know if it is all kosher until then, but I suspect it will be.

As I suspect it could be the bootstrap which is fetched during an initial install, I'm looking into that now and I'll determine if it's the culprit.

Thanks. Appreciate your support.  Cheesy

I have someone installing on 8 right now fresh to attempt to break it.  I have a few sneaking suspicions I'm going to validate or invalidate by the end of the night.  I'll keep you updated and thanks for your patience.

I have a similar issue in Windows 8.1 Pro. Every time I reboot the Neos wallet will not run. I have to reinstall it and then it will run but I lose my API settings. Very frustrating.

Are you running the latest 2.0.2 or 2.0.1?  Did you have a Neos wallet installed before?  If you'd be alright with it, I'd love to teamviewer in and just verify you're all squared away.  The new system starts with a launcher and this sounds like you're using the previous version which used system services.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I like the concept of your coin and it's wallet and wanted to get involved. I downloaded the wallet and purchased some coins to hold on the exchanges. After I sent the coins to my wallet I started having problems running the wallet. I am running windows 8.2 and after I run the wallet for a while it stops responding, just giving me the "Initialization" message. I then reinstalled the wallet and imported the wallet.dat and was able to recover my wallet after re-downloading the entire block chain. Low and behold, after running the wallet for short time the problem returned. I am glad I had sent my coins back to an exchange wallet for now until I can figure out thee problems.

The concept of a web wallet it good, but a simple, standard wallet should be available for those of us that wish to use an old style wallet or have problems with our configuration for one reason or another. Currently, I cannot involve myself with a coin that gives me so much frustration with the wallet. A simple wallet would solve this for me and others, I imagine.

Thanks.

Are all of the steps that were taken listed here already?  I haven't had other reports of this on 8.2 yet but that could just be due to there not being many 8.2 wallets in use.  As far as recovering your wallet only after re-downloading the blockchain, that wouldn't solve the wallet issue or it showing up unless the chain data was corrupt and that might be due to the bootstrap it fetches during the first run.  I'll be looking into the bootstrap and trying to reproduce this and my apologies for any inconvenience.  I'll keep this post updated as well as twitter/our forum with any findings.

Best regards,

syntaks

Yes, what I listed is everything that I have done. The only way to recover was for me to delete the program directory and reinstall NEOS wallet again and re-download the block chain again for the 3rd time. I am currently downloading the block chain so I wont know if it is all kosher until then, but I suspect it will be.

As I suspect it could be the bootstrap which is fetched during an initial install, I'm looking into that now and I'll determine if it's the culprit.

I have someone installing on 8 right now fresh to attempt to break it.  I have a few sneaking suspicions I'm going to validate or invalidate by the end of the night.  I'll keep you updated and thanks for your patience.

I have a similar issue in Windows 8.1 Pro. Every time I reboot the Neos wallet will not run. I have to reinstall it and then it will run but I lose my API settings. Very frustrating.
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
this is def worth some btc Cheesy , good job keep keep it going guys.
legendary

Thanks.

Best regards,

syntaks

legendary
Been accumulating Neos for a while now. What's the next feature after 2.0.2?

Security mechanisms as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osiyWzbV3Og
legendary

Thanks.

Best regards,

syntaks

My pleasure, that's what I'm here for.  I'll try to replicate this myself and have other members do the same.
Activity: 234
Merit: 1
Been accumulating Neos for a while now. What's the next feature after 2.0.2?
Activity: 420
Merit: 260

Thanks.

Best regards,

syntaks

legendary

Thanks.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks.

Best regards,

syntaks

legendary

Thanks.

Are all of the steps that were taken listed here already?  I haven't had other reports of this on 8.2 yet but that could just be due to there not being many 8.2 wallets in use.  As far as recovering your wallet only after re-downloading the blockchain, that wouldn't solve the wallet issue or it showing up unless the chain data was corrupt and that might be due to the bootstrap it fetches during the first run.  I'll be looking into the bootstrap and trying to reproduce this and my apologies for any inconvenience.  I'll keep this post updated as well as twitter/our forum with any findings.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Some interesting buzz from twitter:

Looks like neos is beginning to attract the attention of a large audience and falls under the radar

And we're just barely getting started   Wink

I couldn't ask for a better community, really.  [...] Thanks a lot for the compliments, we're just barely getting started.

Best regards,

syntaks

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10434843
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
Some interesting buzz from twitter:

Looks like neos is beginning to attract the attention of a large audience and falls under the radar
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Does anyone think that the price will hit $1 per coin?

don't think anytime soon with this rate of development.

But the development has been steady, so who knows what happens in the future..

I just started mining it today so I am trying to decide whether or not to hold long term or sell sooner than later.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Does anyone think that the price will hit $1 per coin?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
Ho ho hooo Cheesy I'm in again! Cheesy

much luck with your cheap coins Smiley
legendary
Hey folks,

tempus pointed out I hadn't updated here and that was my mistake.  The 2.0.2 announcement thread can be found at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annneosneos-v202-released-sha256-automatic-backups-more-inside-951349

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
Hey guys-

I will be starting a bi-weekly newsletter, to help users get a quick run down every so often of what's going on in neos. This will also outline development of a new project I am working on called NeosHub.com. My end goal for neoshub is to be a solution to make it easy for neos users to obtain, spend, and sell stuff with neos. I would like to include tools as well as articles and other resources to aid in the long term adoption of neos.

I have included a preview of what the newsletter will look like. And will be posting one every 1st of the month, and 15th.

PS:I am looking for some beta testers, and content writers from the neos community that would not mind helping out, please shoot me a PM if so.

Hello guys, team and syntaks! I heard we're close to 2.0.2 release with many new features

How is it going with NEOSHUB, will we see this big project in February?

Best Regards.

Hey Cornett,

We are indeed very close to release.  I've finished up the Windows installer and tested it myself as well as several members of the community (windows 7/8/8.1).  I just literally finished the last files for the Linux installs and tested on a fresh Debian and Ubuntu VM, and am about to circle back to the osX buildout as my environment finished setting up the other day but as I had already started on the Linux section of everything while that was happening I just finished it rather than stopping to move to osX.  I'll keep everyone updated and I'll be creating a new thread considering this OP has outdated info and I'd like to keep things more current.  Unfortunately I havent heard from NarC in a while and he was a great Neos supporter.  I hope all is well with him but I'm not sure on where he is with his neoshub project.

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
Hey guys-

I will be starting a bi-weekly newsletter, to help users get a quick run down every so often of what's going on in neos. This will also outline development of a new project I am working on called NeosHub.com. My end goal for neoshub is to be a solution to make it easy for neos users to obtain, spend, and sell stuff with neos. I would like to include tools as well as articles and other resources to aid in the long term adoption of neos.

I have included a preview of what the newsletter will look like. And will be posting one every 1st of the month, and 15th.

PS:I am looking for some beta testers, and content writers from the neos community that would not mind helping out, please shoot me a PM if so.

Hello guys, team and syntaks! I heard we're close to 2.0.2 release with many new features

How is it going with NEOSHUB, will we see this big project in February?

Best Regards.
Pages:
Jump to: