Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More - page 6. (Read 84731 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Better later than never..  Wink
2.75TH/s on http://neos-sha.kickasspools.net

P.S But my Symantec gives this on Windows wallet:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2011-040714-3811-99&vid=4294919976
Should I worry about that?

False positive, and thanks for the support! =)
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
legendary
I think there are more than few NEOS threads on this forum and all of them look and feel like official announcements.

We should stick with the latest one and lock all others, many of them are providing outdated info and confuse the users.
For example this thread's OP shows anonymous transactions which was dumped many weeks ago (Arbitrush). - or is it still there? Tongue
It also lists Coin-Swap on exchanges list which is now de-funct.

I was considering just removing the posts.  Better off removing or editing?  What's been done in the past typically around here?

I don't mind multiple threads.
I thought it would be more work for you to read/reply and manage multiple threads, and keeping all of them up-to-date with latest info.

Normally all discussion about features and development are discussed in official thread and the forum also states that each coin should stick to one official thread (need to sight reference).

But it can also make sense to keep one thread for development discussions and the other for tech support.

Oh I don't mind the "work" at all it's what I'm here for.  I just don't want to mislead/confuse anyone.  stoyvo is on top of getting the new thread content ready for updating which should be happening in the next few days.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
I think there are more than few NEOS threads on this forum and all of them look and feel like official announcements.

We should stick with the latest one and lock all others, many of them are providing outdated info and confuse the users.
For example this thread's OP shows anonymous transactions which was dumped many weeks ago (Arbitrush). - or is it still there? Tongue

I was considering just removing the posts.  Better off removing or editing?  What's been done in the past typically around here?

I don't mind multiple threads.
I thought it would be more work for you to read/reply and manage multiple threads, and keeping all of them up-to-date with latest info.

Normally all discussion about features and development are discussed in official thread and the forum also states that each coin should stick to one official thread (need to sight reference).

But it can also make sense to keep one thread for development discussions and the other for tech support.
legendary

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!

Activity: 281
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Thanks for the info! Perhaps not unbiased, but it is a great sign the dev is still around.  Will read more about it.  How big is the team?

No problem at all =).  The team has evolved from what was once just a group of designated positions into a community team.  We have folks in our community that have without even being prompted to, taken over roles.  For example we have several people handling PR and technical support, spreading the word and keeping information current on Twitter/Reddit/etc, supporting miners and running pools.  We've really gone beyond any sort of formal structure and just turned into a large family with the same goals being to continue providing the community with our best possible efforts and abilities.  The same names and faces I've seen since 7 months ago, are still there every day today on our IRC channel (currently there's about 70 people in there).

Sounds good.  Will follow this.
legendary
Thanks for the info! Perhaps not unbiased, but it is a great sign the dev is still around.  Will read more about it.  How big is the team?

No problem at all =).  The team has evolved from what was once just a group of designated positions into a community team.  We have folks in our community that have without even being prompted to, taken over roles.  For example we have several people handling PR and technical support, spreading the word and keeping information current on Twitter/Reddit/etc, supporting miners and running pools.  We've really gone beyond any sort of formal structure and just turned into a large family with the same goals being to continue providing the community with our best possible efforts and abilities.  The same names and faces I've seen since 7 months ago, are still there every day today on our IRC channel (currently there's about 70 people in there).
legendary
legendary
Just browsed through the chain of topics and was pretty impressed,  but also have a couple of questions.  Anybody wants to help me out and fill me in?

1. Why were there so many fudders?
2. Was there an ico and for how much?
3. Why the rapid drop in value?
4. Dead horse or going to revive?

I can try from my most unbiased perspective:

1.  It could have been a few reasons:

a) Market manipulation for accumulation purposes
b) Other projects just badmouthing (confirmed) through puppet accounts

2.  Yep.  1,050,000 were sold during the ICO for a total of 125 BTC with 5 BTC going to Bittrex for hosting it
3.  We've had a long road to travel and it's been all uphill.  We hard forked to single algo once we found some issues with the multi-algo code.  During the earlier days of mining when we were listed on coinwarz, we were also being shown as 3x more profitable than we really were.  Multipool profitability scripts and other means of determining what to mine saw us as the #1 chain to mine for quite some time before it was delisted (and re-listed after switching to single-algo).  Regardless of the actual profitability, we were getting mined and dumped all day.  We were at one point shown to be 1000% more profitable than BTC for example.  Completely wrong.  All of those factors left a bad first impression on many people and we understood that - which is why we fixed everything we found issues with.  It took time to analyze the network, trading activity and other details before we made some educated decisions.
4.  This "dead horse" is one of the most reliable ones you could bet on.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
Just browsed through the chain of topics and was pretty impressed,  but also have a couple of questions.  Anybody wants to help me out and fill me in?

1. Why were there so many fudders?
2. Was there an ico and for how much?
3. Why the rapid drop in value?
4. Dead horse or going to revive?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
I've put the installer over at http://www.neoscoin.com/downloads/Neos-v2.1-WinSetup.exe - Please give that a try and let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

syntaks

Perfect, it worked. Thanks so much!

My pleasure - just let me know if you have any questions or issues.  It's not ever a problem or waste of my time.  My time is yours.

Best regards,

syntaks

Dude, I swear, you're the most dedicated Dev I have ever known.

He really is Smiley

In other news

<---Avatars enabled!
legendary
I've put the installer over at http://www.neoscoin.com/downloads/Neos-v2.1-WinSetup.exe - Please give that a try and let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

syntaks

Was the install successful/any issues?
legendary

Best regards,

syntaks

My pleasure - just let me know if you have any questions or issues.  It's not ever a problem or waste of my time.  My time is yours.

Best regards,

syntaks

I'm not the only one out there, but to quote: "This is my rifle.  There are many like it, but this one is mine." Just consider me your rifle.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Best regards,

syntaks

My pleasure - just let me know if you have any questions or issues.  It's not ever a problem or waste of my time.  My time is yours.

Best regards,

syntaks

Pages:
Jump to: