Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More - page 17. (Read 84731 times)

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
What he really means is that GAW bought them and since GAW adds zero value to crypto in general he wants them delisted.

Maybe I'll request the same for Litecoin......

And for those who're wondering what's wrong with GAW, here's a full thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stay-away-from-gawminerscom-paycoin-paybase-mineral-scam-875487
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
Just updating everyone, if you're not following Syntaks on Twitter.

Withdraw your NEOS from coin-swap if you're keeping any.

Thanks sgk!

Any reason for him to request to remove the coin coin-swap?

No idea. But I'm sure Syntaks has his reasons. Probably no trading volume or poor support from exchange admins?

My reasons are very simple: Ian (the current and soon ex-owner) is a hard worker and I've had a lot of respect for him from the time coin-swap had first opened up.  He's transformed coin-swap from what was at one point a very incredibly simple site, into what it is today.  For those unware here is what it used to look like http://web.archive.org/web/20140208041750/https://coin-swap.net/ It wasn't really an "exchange" by standards we would define one as, but it was a place where you could go and put up your coins for trade with other people on the most basic of levels without a trade engine behind it. I've continued to support coin-swap and point people in the direction of the exchange and was more than happy to have Neos on there.  As of recent news though, they've been sold to a company, that history has shown as well as customer feedback wouldn't necessarily serve in the best interest of the Neos community.

While Neos is still young and the markets might show a lot of resistance and price suppression, we still have a fairly large community of people that are counting on me to look out for the best interest of Neos and that's what I'm doing. I support hard-working, honest, and forthcoming developers and communities.  With that being said, I don't feel the future of coin-swap has those important qualities in-store for it.  Neos might just be another symbol to many, or even an unheard of project but to me it's everything and the community is everything to me - like an extended family.  I look out for my family the best that I can and make decisions based on my better judgement as well as facts.  Some may not agree with this, especially those in support of the company taking over coin-swap, but I assure you this was not a thoughtless action.

Sincerely,

syntaks

What he really means is that GAW bought them and since GAW adds zero value to crypto in general he wants them delisted.

Maybe I'll request the same for Litecoin......
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
If you have X11 hash that you don't know where to point, point it at http://mp.neoscoin.com/
Payouts are quite favorable for those that believe in NEOS
Activity: 966
Merit: 500

Thanks sgk!

No idea. But I'm sure Syntaks has his reasons. Probably no trading volume or poor support from exchange admins?

My reasons are very simple: Ian (the current and soon ex-owner) is a hard worker and I've had a lot of respect for him from the time coin-swap had first opened up.  He's transformed coin-swap from what was at one point a very incredibly simple site, into what it is today.  For those unware here is what it used to look like http://web.archive.org/web/20140208041750/https://coin-swap.net/ It wasn't really an "exchange" by standards we would define one as, but it was a place where you could go and put up your coins for trade with other people on the most basic of levels without a trade engine behind it. I've continued to support coin-swap and point people in the direction of the exchange and was more than happy to have Neos on there.  As of recent news though, they've been sold to a company, that history has shown as well as customer feedback wouldn't necessarily serve in the best interest of the Neos community.

While Neos is still young and the markets might show a lot of resistance and price suppression, we still have a fairly large community of people that are counting on me to look out for the best interest of Neos and that's what I'm doing. I support hard-working, honest, and forthcoming developers and communities.  With that being said, I don't feel the future of coin-swap has those important qualities in-store for it.  Neos might just be another symbol to many, or even an unheard of project but to me it's everything and the community is everything to me - like an extended family.  I look out for my family the best that I can and make decisions based on my better judgement as well as facts.  Some may not agree with this, especially those in support of the company taking over coin-swap, but I assure you this was not a thoughtless action.

Sincerely,

syntaks
Good lookin out Wink

+1
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!

Sincerely,

syntaks

Seriously syntaks, you needn't give a justification. We know you and we trust your judgement.

Even if you hadn't said anything we'd assume this was a well-thought action. Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1050

Thanks sgk!

Sincerely,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!

Thanks sgk!

legendary
Just to keep everyone in the loop I'm currently coding the new setup system for Neos 2.0.2.

Regards,

syntaks
Activity: 189
BitcoinStoreStarter.com
Sorry folks, I'm not trying to be quiet intentionally I've just given myself this deadline and there's a bit to do.  Everyone is always welcome in the IRC channel and to e-mail me with any questions; I'll always answer.  Time to get back to work but let me know if there's anything I can do for you during the interim.  What we could really use post-2.0.2 is a solid advertising route to take.  If anyone has any recommendations I'd be more than willing to have a listen as I've always said - I'm a coder not a marketing guy and that's one area we really fall short in.

Best regards,

syntaks
Are you looking to pay someone for advertising?
Activity: 210

Thanks sgk!

legendary

Thanks sgk!
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!

legendary
Sorry folks, I'm not trying to be quiet intentionally I've just given myself this deadline and there's a bit to do.  Everyone is always welcome in the IRC channel and to e-mail me with any questions; I'll always answer.  Time to get back to work but let me know if there's anything I can do for you during the interim.  What we could really use post-2.0.2 is a solid advertising route to take.  If anyone has any recommendations I'd be more than willing to have a listen as I've always said - I'm a coder not a marketing guy and that's one area we really fall short in.

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 189
BitcoinStoreStarter.com
Price significantly goes down.

Want to sell, anyone?

I am interested, how much are you going to sell?

I'm assuming due to him asking if anyone wants to sell....... he is looking to buy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Want to sell, anyone?

I am interested, how much are you going to sell?
Activity: 966
Ya a discussion link in coinmarketcap and a twitter link in coinmarketcap is a good idea, it could only help Smiley
Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Want to sell, anyone?
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
I see two things that can immediately help this coin.

One ..... a discussion link in coinmarketcap ....
two ..... a twitter link in coinmarketcap ...

.... irc .... circle is isolated .... nobody can see the ongoing development at a quick glance ...

...NEO needs to get up to speed and look like a coin active community

Syntaks is "irc & twitter" isolated person  Grin
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
soooooo, not much talk on development, any plans?

You've been around long enough to know I don't discuss what's being worked much until it's out =)

Twoturtles, you need some direction though.  You can't just do what pleases you.  You are living off of your laurals, how long will that last?  Trust me, I've been there.

That's really not the case at all.  I'm coding every day, but not putting everything out there for other newcomers to take the ideas and rip people off with them.  As far as what I'm working on now is just another security layer on top of Neos mainly, adding in the multipool stats into the pools section, working with the mobile dev on the mobile wallet and a few other details just in terms of adjustments in the way a few things are handled.  I'm not sure how putting in 20 hour days is doing what pleases me, but in a sense it is as I'm doing what I do for something I believe in.  Look at a few recent projects that went hype crazy and let everyone down.  At least when I make my announcements there's some substance to what's been done rather than excuses for the reasons everything I've been advertising along the way isn't really going to work.

Regards,

syntaks

You have a heart of gold, and you are undeniably talented.  However, multipools have been created, android wallets have been created.  What has not been created?  THAT is what is going to set you and your 20 hours apart from the rest.

Not really interested in pool stats in the wallet either here..

security is great, mobile wallet too.. but how long will it take and indeed it has been done months before

Meanwhile we're heading back to 1500 sat..
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
I see two things that can immediately help this coin.

One ..... a discussion link in coinmarketcap ....
two ..... a twitter link in coinmarketcap ...

.... irc .... circle is isolated .... nobody can see the ongoing development at a quick glance ...

...NEO needs to get up to speed and look like a coin active community

Crypto in general needs to slow down, step back from the Hypes and PnD-Schemes, focus on Quality and Userfriendliness. And that's what the Neos-Devs are doing.
Pages:
Jump to: