Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEVA] NevaCoin | PoS 2.0 / PoW Hybrid | Blake2s PoW | NO Premine | - page 37. (Read 126652 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Thanks to this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd6mtDq71gQ

Nevacoin got a user bump in Brazil.

Keep up the good work Brazil! Smiley

this will not show the 'actual' locations of the people using - just where the wallets are located ...

im in australia - but all my wallets reside in vps systems ( staking ) in europe ...

great indicator for that i guess ... it does look nice when its spread like that though ...

#crysx
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
Thanks to this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd6mtDq71gQ

Nevacoin got a user bump in Brazil.

Keep up the good work Brazil! Smiley
I made a game that uses Nevacoins, i call it Nevabutton.
It's a simple web page where you can play with your browser.

Nevabutton is a game, where you can win Nevacoin cryptocurrency.
Game has a Nevacoin Wallet (i maintain it) and its balance is on stake every round.
When round starts, counter starts to run toward that balance.

Whoever press the Nevabutton logo firsts, wins that counters value of Nevacoins.

I havent decided yet how long rounds should be and how much Nevacoins it should have in balance. Any suggestions?
Should it be proportional with wallet balance?

And for wallet's Nevacoin balance, idea is that i transfer Nevacoins for that wallet every now and then so it can be played frequently.
Maybe even mine with my GPU for it directly.

What do you think, should i get some domain for it?
Is that something you are interested in to play with?

hehehe ...

sounds like something i would be interested in for most coins Wink ...

at least its getting things done on an external basis ... ie - outside of the coins code ...

this can only be a good thing ...

id help with this as a generic game - not just coin specific ...

#crysx
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I made a game that uses Nevacoins, i call it Nevabutton.
It's a simple web page where you can play with your browser.

Nevabutton is a game, where you can win Nevacoin cryptocurrency.
Game has a Nevacoin Wallet (i maintain it) and its balance is on stake every round.
When round starts, counter starts to run toward that balance.

Whoever press the Nevabutton logo firsts, wins that counters value of Nevacoins.

I havent decided yet how long rounds should be and how much Nevacoins it should have in balance. Any suggestions?
Should it be proportional with wallet balance?

And for wallet's Nevacoin balance, idea is that i transfer Nevacoins for that wallet every now and then so it can be played frequently.
Maybe even mine with my GPU for it directly.

What do you think, should i get some domain for it?
Is that something you are interested in to play with?
Activity: 116
Merit: 100
This is the FUTURE
sorry guys how can i set .conf file?

Which OS do you have?
Thnx I have win 10 x64 ,but it's finally working. I create a new address and moving all the coins to it , before that I had 1 address with all of my coins and one empty and now I have 3 address , before that I had more that 25 stake but 80% or more of them getting orphaned and now I have 14 stake and only 4 of them getting orphaned.

Which OS do you have?
This is the FUTURE
^I believe it's not a PoS or wallet issue, but a connectivity issue. Sometimes several blocks are being generated by both PoW and PoS in rapid succession and miners who get orphans are not getting synced to those new blocks in time.
I solomined and staked hundreds of blocks and had 0 orphans with these nodes:

addnode=46.105.118.15:7391
addnode=185.93.68.25:7391
addnode=93.103.19.217:7391
addnode=23.91.11.138:7391
addnode=87.98.185.244:7391
addnode=89.212.118.169:7391
addnode=193.164.140.158:7391

I also have timeout=2000 in the config file so I don't get connected to nodes which has a ping of over 2000 milliseconds (towards me) because that would be pointless.

The wallet also only uses 94 MB of RAM (which is quite low) after running for two weeks straight (win7 x64).

this sounds more to the point - but could be that blocks are being generated at the same time - even though we are all connected well ...

mine has a nice number of peers when connected and ping rates on those peers are quite good ...

so maybe its just a quirk of the network ... i just find it hard to fathom that SO MANY blocks get generated at the same time SO OFTEN ...

in anycase - its all good ...

i may setup a permanent vps for the staking side - and my personal wallet for the mining side ... when i actually do get thefarm back up and running of course ...

#crysx
Activity: 121
The hashrate is stable at 10MH/S+.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
^I believe it's not a PoS or wallet issue, but a connectivity issue. Sometimes several blocks are being generated by both PoW and PoS in rapid succession and miners who get orphans are not getting synced to those new blocks in time.
I solomined and staked hundreds of blocks and had 0 orphans with these nodes:

addnode=46.105.118.15:7391
addnode=185.93.68.25:7391
addnode=93.103.19.217:7391
addnode=23.91.11.138:7391
addnode=87.98.185.244:7391
addnode=89.212.118.169:7391
addnode=193.164.140.158:7391

I also have timeout=2000 in the config file so I don't get connected to nodes which has a ping of over 2000 milliseconds (towards me) because that would be pointless.

The wallet also only uses 94 MB of RAM (which is quite low) after running for two weeks straight (win7 x64).
This is the FUTURE
i need to test the staking side a lot more ...

it seems that for every mined coin ( staked ) - there is another 10 - 15 of them that are errored out with 'generated but not accepted' ...

its strange why it does that so often ...

#crysx
It happens to my wallet everyday.

too much 'block clashing' ...

there may be a need to speed up the staking process ...

#crysx

Do not say that do dev. This will get sorted out by itself, eventually. Staking is working perfect, right.
Maybe the dev is developping the new wallet to improve PoS2.0. Grin

I am looking to improve the wallet and optimize things further on other fronts, which might solve this problem at the same time. Unfortunately I am not getting the same results on my nodes, not as much block clashing, nothing that I would not see in other coins that use a similar staking protocol, its hard to get some proper data to even see where the problem would be.

As someone mentioned that the wallet wastes resources I can only say that it still has a very small impact on the system (compared to other pos coins) since the pos blocks are also blake2s hashed and do not eat as many cpu cycles as other coins do...

But like all the coins that exist, this one is also a work in progress Wink

Hi I have the same problem and this is the screen shot of my wallet

it seems that for every mined coin ( staked ) - there is another 10 - 15 of them that are errored out with 'generated but not accepted' ...

#crysx

#crysx

Do not say that do dev. This will get sorted out by itself, eventually. Staking is working perfect, right.

I am looking to improve the wallet and optimize things further on other fronts, which might solve this problem at the same time. Unfortunately I am not getting the same results on my nodes, not as much block clashing, nothing that I would not see in other coins that use a similar staking protocol, its hard to get some proper data to even see where the problem would be.

As someone mentioned that the wallet wastes resources I can only say that it still has a very small impact on the system (compared to other pos coins) since the pos blocks are also blake2s hashed and do not eat as many cpu cycles as other coins do...

But like all the coins that exist, this one is also a work in progress Wink
Activity: 121

#crysx

#crysx

#crysx

#crysx

Sorry mate, I just don't see this as an issue right now. Overall the network is stable and orphaned blocks are a normal part of it.

If anyone has a concrete suggestion on how to optimize this please contribute to the code.

agreed - orphaned block ARE a 'normal' part of the network ...

but 16blocks rejected to every 1block mined and accepted? ... that is no where near normal ...

a newbie account - yes ... a newbie - certainly not ... im just having issues with my own account that bct are taking their royal time with ...

im not bashing the coin - nor you ( the dev ) ... im asking WHY there are so many orphaned blocks whilst staking as opposed to a few orphaned blocks for every 'clean' block ...

mining is NOT that high and even so - wouldnt have this sort of issue under 'normal' circumstances ...

whats different here? ...

btw - if staking was actually working 'perfect' - then the amount of block rejections wouldnt be anywhere near what they are currently whilst staking ...

this situation means that while the wallet is sitting there using your resources and open - even though it mines - its a waste of resources due to the block rejections ...

i thought i would bring this to your attention AND ask the 'why' question ... thats all ...

#crysx

#crysx

#crysx

Sorry mate, I just don't see this as an issue right now. Overall the network is stable and orphaned blocks are a normal part of it.

If anyone has a concrete suggestion on how to optimize this please contribute to the code.
Activity: 212

#crysx

#crysx

#crysx

#crysx
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

#crysx

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: