Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEVA] NevaCoin | PoS 2.0 / PoW Hybrid | Blake2s PoW | NO Premine | - page 40. (Read 126652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
I made a faucet! It should also stake, I'm running a headless node.

The payout is randomly selected between 0.01 to 0.1NEVA. If we get a good amount of donations I'll raise the payout. There's no fee, but I put a few non intrusive ads on the site. Clicking on them helps me out. Smiley
http://neva.trade/

Update: Deposited 2NEVA myself and confirmed it's working! Will definitely put in more if I get ad revenue, make sure to turn off your ad blockers and click on the ads to help me out.

0.01 neva is too small. Will we see more prizes in future ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I made a faucet! It should also stake, I'm running a headless node.

The payout is randomly selected between 0.01 to 0.1NEVA. If we get a good amount of donations I'll raise the payout. There's no fee, but I put a few non intrusive ads on the site. Clicking on them helps me out. Smiley
http://neva.trade/

Update: Deposited 2NEVA myself and confirmed it's working! Will definitely put in more if I get ad revenue, make sure to turn off your ad blockers and click on the ads to help me out.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
Activity: 729
Merit: 250
Any faucet avaiable yet?
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
We need a decent exchange to trade Neva now.
Yobit doesnt cutit ?
Activity: 121
We need a decent exchange to trade Neva now.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hello, I'm from Brazil and found this post while researching coins to mine with my cheap hardware .. I already mining on the Suprnova pool ... Me and 3 friends more (1 with one GT 630 VGA Card, Me with VGA card GT630 ( verclocked to 960MHz) and a phenom x3 8650 processor, another firend with A6 3420 and another friend with FX - 8150 (Will start soon) and a firend with a Core2Duo laptop ...) All on my wallet, because we trying to make some money to help us on our Plasma Speaker project ... We believe in Nevacoin !!

(The first friend is not on my wallet, he have an YouTube Channel and will make an video about that coin to spread the word in Brazil! We will do this soon, for now we are only mining)

Incidentally, this is the project that I said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7utpOPdLY20 (Go to 3:47 to listen the music)

Antoher video ... (In the wall hahaha): https://www.facebook.com/luizpaulo.damaceno.33/videos/vb.100007151315479/1645168359064859/?type=3&theater

Thanks and good initiative of you!  Grin

Mining Hardwares:

1 GT 630 overclocked to 960MHz (ccminer -i 24 when i'm not using PC and -i 14 when i'm browsing the web) (20~40MHash/s);
1 Phenom X3 8650 overclocked to 2.927MHz (4~5MHash/S);
1 A6 3420M (5~6 MHash / s);
1 Core2Duo T6400 (3MHash/s);
1 C-60 APU *CPU's only ( 500kHash~1.5Mhash/s );
1 FX 8150 (soon).

Have some AMD miner blake2s?

Thanks!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I have 1-2 "mined" blocks per day which all are orphaned. Maybe these are from PoS?!

Dev doen't want to answer how PoS is supposed to work Sad

The code is open source, you can check how it works Smiley

I will try to make a normal description how it works for people that don't read code.

The staking part of the code uses blackcoins code base. So it is very similar just with a shorter min coin age.

Also keep in mind that this coin will turn PoS only in 14 years. You can get orphaned often now because of the PoW mining going on.

There are not many coins that choose this path, so there will probably be more patches to the network to achieve better efficiency. I could not test everything on the testnet prior to launch, the live network is more complex and behaves differently.

But for example, I have been staking peercoin for two years now, and I only staked one block so far. You should look at staking rewards long term, not day by day.  

I don't see how PoW ending in 14 years has any relevance. Let's be honest, in 14 years this coin will be dead or we won't care. I suggest either extending PoW to forever or making it significantly shorter (1-4) years.

It is relevant since when pow ends, there will be twice as many stake blocks per day, so your chances of getting a stake will double.

And why would we shorten the pow phase? What would be achieved with that?

When I said it'll be irrelevant, I meant the coin probably won't last 14 years. It's such a long period of time for a cryptocurrency it has no relevance right now. If you want staking to be easier in a viable amount of time, you could shorten it.

I'm running a node in Europe for staking. (Because staking in Americas isn't viable) Does running a second node with the same wallet on a different network have any effect on staking?
I have 1-2 "mined" blocks per day which all are orphaned. Maybe these are from PoS?!

I will try to make a normal description how it works for people that don't read code.

The staking part of the code uses blackcoins code base. So it is very similar just with a shorter min coin age.

Also keep in mind that this coin will turn PoS only in 14 years. You can get orphaned often now because of the PoW mining going on.

There are not many coins that choose this path, so there will probably be more patches to the network to achieve better efficiency. I could not test everything on the testnet prior to launch, the live network is more complex and behaves differently.

But for example, I have been staking peercoin for two years now, and I only staked one block so far. You should look at staking rewards long term, not day by day. 

I don't see how PoW ending in 14 years has any relevance. Let's be honest, in 14 years this coin will be dead or we won't care. I suggest either extending PoW to forever or making it significantly shorter (1-4) years.

It is relevant since when pow ends, there will be twice as many stake blocks per day, so your chances of getting a stake will double.

And why would we shorten the pow phase? What would be achieved with that?

Is there anyone who can post a proof that PoS is working?!
200 coins in wallet and still nothing from PoS...
I have got pos mined coins.

Any recommendations for the staking protocol?

The currency is still young. We can still make it work differently. Like mentioned many times already, the plan is to have community development, so the wishes of the community will be heard and integrated, an even better option would be if someone joined on github and contributed directly.

Please note that a suggestion like "i want to stake every block" is impossible and would make the currency worthless Smiley

Dash InstantX,marsternode are cool,can Neva make some similar funtions ?

Shouldnt be to hard to integrate...

But I am a little sceptical towards masternodes, I dont like the idea of some nodes having different rights.

More opinions on this please?

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Trainman
I never got a pos reward
It was only the wind.
we're almost at block height of 50000...are we close to POS?
coz my height is over 1mil, which is stupid...

What are you talking about? Cheesy

We are at 21409 --->> https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neva/#
nvm im st00pid
i just thought yknow...POS is cummin

POS is active since block 1
im not possin, is there a reason? ...or this wallet is a freaking racist?
i'd appreciate it if u'd explain me dat

Possibly depends on how many UTXOs you have and the amount of them...
Come again? UTXO?

Let me put it very simply - how many transactions were used to make up your balance (usually one spend from another wallet or a mined block is one UTXO), and the amount of each.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

I have 2.3k in my wallet. my weight is 4636, network 251. But my wallet is not staking since 36 hours.

walletversion is 1.1.0

Check your transaction history.

I have way less and my wallet is staking but the stakes are orphaned.

Yes i know, i got also orphaned before. But now nothing.  Shocked
It was only the wind.
we're almost at block height of 50000...are we close to POS?
coz my height is over 1mil, which is stupid...

What are you talking about? Cheesy

We are at 21409 --->> https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neva/#
nvm im st00pid
i just thought yknow...POS is cummin

POS is active since block 1
im not possin, is there a reason? ...or this wallet is a freaking racist?
i'd appreciate it if u'd explain me dat

Possibly depends on how many UTXOs you have and the amount of them...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I have 2.3k in my wallet. my weight is 4636, network 251. But my wallet is not staking since 36 hours.

walletversion is 1.1.0

Check your transaction history.

I have way less and my wallet is staking but the stakes are orphaned.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Any recommendations for the staking protocol?

The currency is still young. We can still make it work differently. Like mentioned many times already, the plan is to have community development, so the wishes of the community will be heard and integrated, an even better option would be if someone joined on github and contributed directly.

Please note that a suggestion like "i want to stake every block" is impossible and would make the currency worthless Smiley

Dash InstantX,marsternode are cool,can Neva make some similar funtions ?
Pages:
Jump to: