Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 116. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
When is the estimate time to change NET-NIM and complete KYC?
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
can anyone here help me ?
trying to run a node js for nimiq testnet backbone
but each time i try to put in the command: sudo certbot certonly —standalone -d .

What's the error?

You can also join our communities on Discord and Telegram to get live help from our community members  Smiley
When there is a detailed instruction for the exchange?

We are still finetuning some details. As soon as we are ready we will provide information for NET-to-NIM replacement. Stay tuned  Wink
VLOG 45 Update: Continuing Updates For Mainnet

Continuing to roll out the latest dev team updates, preparing & getting ready for Nimiq mainnet.

For a more detailed list of our tasks for Mainnet check our latest Blog update.

Activity: 742
Merit: 529
 When there is a detailed instruction for the exchange?
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
can anyone here help me ?
trying to run a node js for nimiq testnet backbone
but each time i try to put in the command: sudo certbot certonly —standalone -d .
Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
KYC - Know your Customer, just google it...

so to get our NIM we have to send you our data?!

how is the network goin to work? ....
"sorry to create a wallet you need to send us your id"
"sorry, please fill out these forms to participate in mining"
"sorry, to collect your mined coins please fill out these forms and proove that you are allowed to circulate the coin"

i know you try to follow the rules ... and i understand that we dont want anyone here financing some terror and yes this is a browser based blockchain and no cryptocurrency but how is the service going to make up for the loss in financial freedom we get when sending our documents?

btw, thats why i advertise deeponion!

Well, if this the case then this project is more than dead.
The reason why crypto exists is because no one should control over our own money.
But if i have to send my ID to you and fill out stupid things to mine and collect my money then why should i use your service?
Not only do you have my ID and thats terrible enough but also you can control me and my money. No thanks.

This is incorrect. To comply with regulation you have to do KYC to use our NET-to-NIM replacement tool. This doesn't mean you have to do KYC to create a wallet, send/receive NIM or to use any app from the Nimiq Ecosystem. If you join our community you'll find this project is far from dead

it was more a question with some futuristic awnsers.

so we have a ERC-20 token (NET) on the ethereum network and we want it exchanged to a Coin (NIM) on the Nimiq Network and to do that we need to provide KYC compatible documents.
these NIM got premined and you send them to an address on your network we provide and control.

at this point the network started and is getting mined by anonymous users who also receive NIM and maybe trade them on exchange.
what is the point now of collecting KYC documents when the network stays anonymous and you dont offer any incentive for using the Net-to-Nim tool?

im not a shareholder or something, i only hold NIM like all other people of the network. if you really would want to comply, then you need the data of all users because all NIM gets created and sold by you.
Activity: 826
Merit: 303
now if the devs will take a more thoroughly look at cashlinks and decide to launch them at once with the mainnet... girls can dream, right? 😊
awesome if with mainnet launch they all at once, not only dream girls even awoke from a beautiful dream  Kiss
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
now if the devs will take a more thoroughly look at cashlinks and decide to launch them at once with the mainnet... girls can dream, right? 😊
Calling people 'idiots,' altcoiner555? Thanks for that!

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.

Please go ahead and ask them Smiley

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??
KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

Your reply, nimiq, is polite. Thank you for that. But my concern remains: conversion approaches. You can't tell me what the KYC will involve. And I don't think the dev team has handled the issue at all well.

'Decentralization and KYC [are] non related matters.'        I'd like to go on the record: I agree with salary123: large numbers of people handing over data -- which we can only assume is being stored, and perhaps made available to government agencies -- may reasonably be seen as an instance of 'centralisation.'

The KYC process is defined by the KYC provider, which we are still defining. Our job is to make KYC-NIM relation as safe and easy to follow as possible, but the KYC process itself is not something we can change.

We understand the frustration that was created by the KYC requirement. Probably you have been following Nimiq for some time now and you got to know us well enough to know that this legal requirement was a very bitter pill for us to swallow. We’d strongly prefer to save you this hassle, but we have to be compliant with money laundering laws to build a clean legal foundation for the future of Nimiq.

By nature we care a lot about our  community members’ privacy. Our third-party provider will act under the very strict EU/Swiss privacy laws, which means it’d be a crime to store, duplicate or even sell your data.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
KYC is the policy and trend that all governments use to "protect" people. I miss the old "de-centralization"

You mean to protect people in power Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
I hope the team will move to PoS as soon as possible to avoid the ecological impact BTC  have now

It's true that Nimiq Coin, as the first block chain built for the Web platform, is the right way for POS in the future, and even after ETH has changed in this direction. In addition, when can Nimiq be able to log in to an Asian trading market? I think the basis of the Asian currency market is very good.

Why do you think that the basis of the Asian currency market is very good?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
the ecological impact BTC

is marginal compared to all the rest. Just put that story to bed. Seriously.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I hope the team will move to PoS as soon as possible to avoid the ecological impact BTC  have now

It's true that Nimiq Coin, as the first block chain built for the Web platform, is the right way for POS in the future, and even after ETH has changed in this direction. In addition, when can Nimiq be able to log in to an Asian trading market? I think the basis of the Asian currency market is very good.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

There are, I feel, a range of questions that the devs should be here answering right now.

Firstly, what documents and information constitute 'KYC'? When Bittrex launched an enhanced-verification project last year, they arrogantly assumed that their KYC processes encompassed every national-postal-address system on the planet. As a consequence, I experienced days of drama -- locked out of my account.

If 'KYC' remains a set of unknown documents/information, then where do I stand? Do I hold on to my tokens until the conversion begins, only to find that I am simply unable to 'KYC'?

Secondly, check the latest Vlog. A Nimiq team member is seen making little electronic hats for little electronic heads. Meanwhile, both this thread and the Reddit have token holders expressing concerns about losing their holdings -- ??

What does it mean that you miss the old de-centralization? The problem is that it's wishful thinking that a world can function properly without any regulatory boundaries. I am the last person to believe in KYC and AML and what not, but I am also not totally convinced of this 100% libertarian model where every single individual is responsible for itself and, hence, partially for society as a whole. I'd like to see a system where KYC exists, but KYC doesn't necessarily mean that you have to provide your name and your foto. Maybe one day KYC is a unique string of bytes and bits representing you in a way that heavily protects your privacy as long as you don't violate the rights of others.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Decentralization and KYC and non related matters. A centralized network can use KYC at some point in its evolution and this doesn't mean it has any of the flaws or disadvantages of the centralized economy.

Your reply, nimiq, is polite. Thank you for that. But my concern remains: conversion approaches. You can't tell me what the KYC will involve. And I don't think the dev team has handled the issue at all well.

'Decentralization and KYC [are] non related matters.'        I'd like to go on the record: I agree with salary123: large numbers of people handing over data -- which we can only assume is being stored, and perhaps made available to government agencies -- may reasonably be seen as an instance of 'centralisation.'

I can feel your frustation. We are doing KYC only for users using our NET-to-NIM replacement tool because for Nimiq Foundation to be encompassed on a safe road to mainstream adoption (from all regulations perspectives). We are not fans of KYC and know it can be a frustrating process so we are trying to keep it as easy as possible while still complying to regulations.

We are still defining the KYC provider. We have narrowed it down to a few of them and we are analyzing the best fit to a global userbase. We expect an easy-to-follow (other than excluding US citizens). We will inform more details as soon as we have definitive information from our KYC provider.

Yes, so you noticed the identicons. Identicons are a huge UX accomplishment that makes us and our community super proud. Join our telegram or discord groups to discuss about it and understand while this aspect lowers barriers of entry to newcomers.

Do you have any specific concerns about 'losing your holdings' from s technical point of view if you have NET tokens there is no way to lose them unless you lose your private key. No vulnerabilities on the smart contract or ways for anyone to steal your NET, so there are no real ways of losing them.

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Jump to: