Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 113. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Hello.

Will there be any exact deadline dates until the NIM activation should be done?

Thanks.

We recommend to do it as soon as possible. In the next couple of weeks we will announce the cut-off date, but we suggest to users to get done with  because, even though we will support Activation after mainnet launch, it will be a slower process because you would have to get in contact with us and prove ownership of your NET, now is just automatic using our tool.
Is it required that we complete this conversion? Can I just keep by NET tokens in my MEW account or is this activation required?

YES it is required. If you hold NET tokens you should proceed with Activations as soon as possible.

I bought my Nimiq on Liqui and don't want to do KYC. What are my options here? Am I pretty much going to be forced to sell now?

You can wait for NET and NIM to be listed simultaneously and trade NET-BTC BTC-NIM or something like that.
Activity: 742
Merit: 529
Is it required that we complete this conversion? Can I just keep by NET tokens in my MEW account or is this activation required?

YES it is required. If you hold NET tokens you should proceed with Activations as soon as possible.

I bought my Nimiq on Liqui and don't want to do KYC. What are my options here? Am I pretty much going to be forced to sell now?
Sell now.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
Hello.

Will there be any exact deadline dates until the NIM activation should be done?

Thanks.

You can keep those for some months after the mainnet launch.
You can go through KYC without activating.

Not suggested at all. NIM activation after mainnet launch will be a manual procedure that we will provided as a last resort. If you want to be in control of your NIM we strongly suggest you activate your NIM.

Activity: 13

You can keep those for some months after the mainnet launch.
You can go through KYC without activating.
Activity: 2
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
tried installing nodes today.. a bit of a pain for a beginner. not that easy and unable to complete the certbot step
VLOG Update: Nimiq Bug Bounty, Public Invitation

We invite anyone to join our Bug Bounty Program, to help improve the Nimiq network & protocol:

https://hackerone.com/nimiq

A letter arrived at the post office

Status Update
Your KYC (Know-Your-Customer) data is still being reviewed. You will hear back from us as soon as possible.

How to wait? It's been 3 hours

Check your spam folder and if you still have no email there, then reach us at Discord or Telegram.
i still dont understand why you only collect the data from people that try to swap and not people that are using the network.
as i have stated before if you want to become a payment processor you will have to comply with the real regulations, not some made up ones,
could you imagen visa without verification? your bank account? why do you target ico users?

but wait, i just noticed.. you send our data to some US KYC firm that works with coinbase and bittrex while not allowing US people to participate?
you basicly sell our data to the us authorities and call it the responsible way to do even if we have absolutly nothing to do with the usa.
the us data protection and privacy laws are like none existent. did you ever read about snowden (there is a movie now)

every true regulated company that works with money does need the complete kyc from all users (most companys offer a small limit for unverfied users)
why does nimiq not ?

KYC is required for anyone using our activation tool to receive NIM so we can prove the origin of tokens in the Nimiq Blockchain. After the Nimiq Blockchain has been launched anyone can use Nimiq. We do use Jumio (US based) as a secondary KYC, our default KYC is actually located in Switzerland. But I also don't see any problem in hiring a US company that provides certain service, versus future challenge accepting citizens from the US and countries in Sanction List.
A letter arrived at the post office

Status Update
Your KYC (Know-Your-Customer) data is still being reviewed. You will hear back from us as soon as possible.

How to wait? It's been 3 hours
I checked in 10 minutes, everything is fine.
Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
i still dont understand why you only collect the data from people that try to swap and not people that are using the network.
as i have stated before if you want to become a payment processor you will have to comply with the real regulations, not some made up ones,
could you imagen visa without verification? your bank account? why do you target ico users?

but wait, i just noticed.. you send our data to some US KYC firm that works with coinbase and bittrex while not allowing US people to participate?
you basicly sell our data to the us authorities and call it the responsible way to do even if we have absolutly nothing to do with the usa.
the us data protection and privacy laws are like none existent. did you ever read about snowden (there is a movie now)

every true regulated company that works with money does need the complete kyc from all users (most companys offer a small limit for unverfied users)
why does nimiq not ?
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
As I don't like to do a full KYC for just a simple coins swap I will have to sell my NIMIQ. I still like the project though so maybe I will wait till the main net launches, sell the old tokens and get main chain ones
Activity: 350
Merit: 46
The user can easily operate without any installation in the browser in mining, is really good, the price is still profitable.
F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
It looks like this is well done work!

Is there a list of all restrictions there are for the conversion (age, country...). I saw "all US citizens", etc., but I was wondering if there was a complete list.
Activity: 26
Just tried the net to nim activation tool from the nimiq website and the kyc thereafter.

Works like a charm.

Good job Nimiq!  Wink
Jump to: