Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 93. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Community Survey: NIM Minimum Unit
Vote for the name of Nimiq "Satoshi" HERE
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Get your vote out on naming the Nimiq 'Satoshi': https://t.co/3NuBtQXmeE
F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
Someone at Reddit suggested this could be useful for file sharing sites. Indeed!
Indeed! They are always searching for ways to make money. Grin
legendary
yes
Someone at Reddit suggested this could be useful for file sharing sites. Indeed!
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Somebody made an url shortener, with a Nimq mining element involved.

The general idea is that you shorten an URL via the application at: https://shortnim.ml/

The person clicking the link will be directed to a shortnim page that loads the Nimiq miner and mines a number of shares before continuing. These shares are attributed to the person that created the link. More specifically, the shares are shares in a Nimiq mining pool, resulting in NIM payouts in the end.

As creater of the shortlink, you can specify the nimiq address that receives (in the end) the NIMs mined and the url to shorten.

If you want to give it a try: https://shortnim.ml/r#k1z2x

I guess it won't be useful in practice because the time needed to mine a single share is too long for people to accept this delay. But is crafted fairly well.
If you use it for a link that people find helpful/valuable (like a link to the latest Nimiq Community update on Medium.com), it could work ok.

Actually this is a good idea. Nice project.
legendary
yes
Somebody made an url shortener, with a Nimq mining element involved.

The general idea is that you shorten an URL via the application at: https://shortnim.ml/

The person clicking the link will be directed to a shortnim page that loads the Nimiq miner and mines a number of shares before continuing. These shares are attributed to the person that created the link. More specifically, the shares are shares in a Nimiq mining pool, resulting in NIM payouts in the end.

As creater of the shortlink, you can specify the nimiq address that receives (in the end) the NIMs mined and the url to shorten.

If you want to give it a try: https://shortnim.ml/r#k1z2x

I guess it won't be useful in practice because the time needed to mine a single share is too long for people to accept this delay. But is crafted fairly well.
If you use it for a link that people find helpful/valuable (like a link to the latest Nimiq Community update on Medium.com), it could work ok.
legendary
yes
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
I was investing in Brave. it is a really good project. But this one. In my point of view it is a bad one.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I'm interested especially after seeing the site details since your main post needs some work.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
I suspect the devs dumping and enjoying the life on the beach....

Weird, it was such a good project.

Maybe and hopefully I'm wrong

We cannot dump even if we wanted to (not that we want to). All our NIMs are locked in a vested account for 1 year Min.

You don't need to worry, everything that happens on the market right now is difficult to predict. Improved marketing performance and technically, we can say it is not enough if this sentiment still occurs. hopefully in the future Nimiq will develop better.

Blog Update
Transparency Report

This process of re-evaluating the overarching Nimiq identity aims at communicating a single, more concise message and even more importantly at allowing to communicate a clear ‘feeling’ of what Nimiq represents. This may affect everything from the Nimiq logo to the way we plan releases and new features. Read our latest blog post: Communication Hackathon

Activity: 700
Merit: 108
"Nimiq itself is making some pretty interesting tech implementations such as being written ground up in Javascript and rewriting core parts in Rust. Their code base is worth checking out"
- cinooo, creator of Nimiq DiscordTipbot
https://goo.gl/BEjU6w

Blog Update
Transparency Report

Nimiq Transparency: overview of assets & use of funds for the Nimiq project + details of NIM token supply & distribution. Read our latest blog post: Transparency Report

I'm a little disappointed. This isn't for the little guy! Easy web based idea turns into a disaster when all you can do is pool mine and wait and hope you earn something. Great start but I think the non savvy people will walk away and take their power to something they know they can be sure on! Wish I was wrong and hope things change! I will keep watching. Love the map though!!!

Mining with your browser is indeed possible in a very efficient way but it is mostly an onboarding tool that demonstrates how simple it is to interact with the Blockchain without installing any software. Dedicated servers will always mine more efficiently than, let's say your mobile or laptop. So you can still mine and earn some NIM (just like with a faucet) but if you are serious about mining you should consider installing a native nimiq node for your OS, is not that hard either Smiley.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
I'm a little disappointed. This isn't for the little guy! Easy web based idea turns into a disaster when all you can do is pool mine and wait and hope you earn something. Great start but I think the non savvy people will walk away and take their power to something they know they can be sure on! Wish I was wrong and hope things change! I will keep watching. Love the map though!!!
I suspect the devs dumping and enjoying the life on the beach....

Weird, it was such a good project.

Maybe and hopefully I'm wrong

We cannot dump even if we wanted to (not that we want to). All our NIMs are locked in a vested account for 1 year Min.

Blog Update
NIM Activation Deadline Reminder

Deadline for Activation is October 14. After this time Activation will no longer be supported. This also means that NET will no longer be associated with the utility of the Token of the Nimiq Blockchain.
Learn more in the latest blog post: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/nim-activation-deadline-reminder-f945162c0374

Activity: 14
Well, I think that the team needs to promote the plan on various platforms including social media platform as well as the forum
F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
hello someone explain me what happens with this token?
if I understand you correctly, Net will disappear to be replaced by Nim? but why, that she is the reason. thank you
Just one question.
Are you here only for speculation and money-making, or do you really follow the project? I think that in the second case, you would not ask this question.
This is obvious, any ICO does that: they create a token for the ICO, and once the project is ready to be released, they convert it into real tokens of the project's cryptocurrency. Maybe you should read a little more.
Activity: 28
What is the consensus algorithm used by the business and how was it picked? What languages will your website, whitepaper, and marketing initiatives be in?
Pages:
Jump to: