Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 96. (Read 131236 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
nim is dead. Angry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry

How can you say that?

The project is more alive than ever. Price wise it may not be rosy but this project could be a prime example of the turtle starting slowly but steadily progressing leaving all rabbits behind in the long run.

Perhaps the most underrated coin at this moment.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
nim is dead. Angry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry
F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
Guys,

Could someone explain to me the difference between NET and NIM coins, i'm confused ... in marketshare sites the coins are the same.

Thanks

NET = Nimiq Exchange Token = ICO tokens on the Ethereum blockchain, temporary used for the sale
NIM = native coins of the Nimiq blockchain, the definitive ones

So actual coins are NIM.
You can convert NET to NIM if you bought NET (but can't convert NIM to NET, and it's useless anyway).(NB: the conversion require KYC)
The exchange rate is 1 NET = 100 NIM
Activity: 202
Merit: 11
Guys,

Could someone explain to me the difference between NET and NIM coins, i'm confused ... in marketshare sites the coins are the same.

Thanks
Activity: 827
Merit: 502
Any idea what’s taking hitbtc so long? Figured the listing would be imminent...like a week ago
Activity: 39
Really need a elegant exchange.Many guys quit due to lack a good trading ex.

I agree. Good exchange is needed and a good plan to promote the project. Sometimes I think they living in their own world, sitting in the jungel and developing. They don't care about the rest of the world.
But you can have the best product, if nobody knows it it is useless  Embarrassed
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Really need a elegant exchange.Many guys quit due to lack a good trading ex.
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
What will be happen to reserved NIMs not exchanged with NET later? Burn? And why nimiq is better than webdollar ?
Activity: 2
There are rumours that the Nimiq team may be behind a hack + 51% attack against Webdollar, seen as a competitor in browser mining. Of course these are only rumors, but these things are now debated in the webdollar thread.
this is a serious accusation. but it is very hard to prove. being so early in the game there is room for more than 1 project out there. hadron is a similar one but is still in alpha stage, not yet released.

The founder of WebD "accidentally" sent the private key of the not encrypted genesis wallet to a "random guy", and they had a hard fork to "reverse" the transaction. The whole thing sound like a scam to me.   
Activity: 621
Merit: 250
Is liqui.io going to list NIM also . I bought a lot of NET through them at one time. how many time remaining to do the swap processs?
Activity: 71
Merit: 7
Introducing a new Nimiq Faucet: https://www.nimiqfaucet.io/

Earn free NIM coin. It’s simple and straightforward with no registration or email required!

legendary
yes
The project is becoming more popular every day!

I also have the feeling that there is great pick-up in the crypto community. Web developers are picking up on this like a snow ball (and everyone wants blockchain in their projects).
Activity: 7
The project is becoming more popular every day!
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
VLOG Update: Seed Nodes & Network, The Plan

Implementing the plan to improve seed nodes & network.

F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
there is any exchange where I can buy Nimiq?
Nimex, TradeSatoshi, Latoken.

Browser mining is much less efficient than CPU mining, and professional miners will not choose browser mining.
Obviously.
But that's not only mining: everything in nimiq is done through a browser. To me, web mining is more something symbolic and not a reliable way to make money efficiently.

There are rumours that the Nimiq team may be behind a hack + 51% attack against Webdollar, seen as a competitor in browser mining. Of course these are only rumors, but these things are now debated in the webdollar thread.
I fully agree with Wekkel. I find this team really honest and can't imagine them ruining their image.
However, we can't prove anything, whether it's true or false.
I just had a look to the Webdollar website and Bitcointalk announcement thread. Well, I'm not sure I would trust them. The community manager is almost agressive when people criticize their project (I mean, by pointing out real problems), the website is not smooth at all... So in one word: the opposite of Nimiq. Only good point, they didn't do an ICO, that's a good thing for them, but if they just copied the code from Nimiq... I didn't verified this, though. I don't think we should give credit to this project, and I don't think the Nimiq team would risk their reputation to ruin a project that is not going to work anyway.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
there is any exchange where I can buy Nimiq?
Activity: 495
Browser mining is much less efficient than CPU mining, and professional miners will not choose browser mining.
legendary
yes
There are rumours that the Nimiq team may be behind a hack + 51% attack against Webdollar,

I cannot imagine that the Nimiq Team would risk their reputation by anonymously hacking a competitor chain instead of pointing out the vulnerability behind closed doors.
Activity: 490
this is a serious accusation. but it is very hard to prove. being so early in the game there is room for more than 1 project out there. hadron is a similar one but is still in alpha stage, not yet released.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: