Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NMC] Namecoin Wallet (QT) with integrated Name Registration v3.75 - page 4. (Read 78552 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
You  can now do NEW_NAME , FIRST_UPDATE, and UPDATE_NAME with a javascript Namecoin wallet. forked from bitcoinjs-lib

you can try it at https://djswallet.com/wallet.php
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Will namecoin ever be fixed?
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

We believe in crypto and offer 20% off all orders paid for via Bitcoin or Namecoin! Just enter the coupon code 'BITCOIN' at checkout to apply!

Prices if paying in Bitcoin:
Bitcoin Proof = $80
Litecoin Proof = $80
Namecoin Proof = $80
Peercoin Proof (w/o 24k gold highlights) = $80
Cryptogenic Bullion Bar Proofs = $80
Peercoin Proof (w/ 24 k gold highlights) = $100
Primecoin Proof (Batch 2) = $68
DOGE Proofs (copper or nickel) = $20

Buy precious metal, limited mint, physical crypto-proofs via Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin, Peercoin, Primecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin, Vertcoin, Cryptogenic Bullion, NXT, Worldcoin or PayPal!  

Exclusively from Finite By Design!

Activity: 84
I removed all the port numbers from all my config files a week ago so the clients would just use the port it wants use.
Activity: 98
Damn I can't remember where I read that. He basically said now you can lookup addresses but getting them in is very tricky.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Right. It compiled fine if I left the option out completely, but using either =0 or =1 wouldn't work. It would be nice if users were able to choose weather to use it or not, depending on their network conditions of course...
Hmm I think it is activated in the Windows binaries. Never ran into any issues with it.

I'm using Xubuntu.....
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
Right. It compiled fine if I left the option out completely, but using either =0 or =1 wouldn't work. It would be nice if users were able to choose weather to use it or not, depending on their network conditions of course...
Hmm I think it is activated in the Windows binaries. Never ran into any issues with it.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Is there an issue with compiling the latest v0.3.76 with upnp enabled? I can only compile it without upnp. Huntercoin compiles fine with upnp enabled.

I always disable upnp.  But I think I saw some problems, too, when I tried it last time.  I think it is "just" some problem with #include's or like that - but without experience with libminiupnp, I can't really tell.
Is there an issue with compiling the latest v0.3.76 with upnp enabled? I can only compile it without upnp. Huntercoin compiles fine with upnp enabled.
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
If anyone is interested, I built a BIP32 Namecoin(And other coins) javascript wallet. It is currently in Alpha.  No name registration yet (Just send and receive for now), but it is in the works.

Try it out and click on the discussion tab to post any issues

https://djswallet.com/wallet.php

(Self signed cert while in alpha release stage)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
I know the client says you are supposed to keep it open during name registration (for ~3 hours), is there likely to be a way around this in the future? It seems less than ideal that everyone has to leave their client open for hours waiting for confirmation.

Also what happens if the client is closed after the name_new but before the name_update? Does it cancel/void the registration process?
OK, I recompiled using the older source, changing the main.h file as you suggested &.....voila! Up and running again without issues - thanks.

As for question about what I did - nothing actually  Cheesy  I noticed namecoind was using very high cpu (blockchain was already downloaded) & was unresponsive for about 5 minutes after issuing the stop command before throwing me the message & closing.

All seems to be well now though, it's been running for 24hrs no problem. Thanks again  Wink
Activity: 112
locked up & gave me this error when I tried to stop it:
posix_recursive_mutex()
The mutex message when trying to stop the client is a well-known nuissance since one of the boost library version changes. Domob said he'll have a look at it but it is low priority.

A different kettle of fish is the lock-up problem. What did you do exactly?
I recommend you recompile the source code you had used before and simply change that single line in main.h according to
http://blog.namecoin.org/post/95263343235/restart-your-daemons
Any news/ideas on this little problem yet guys?  Wink

http://blog.namecoin.org/

Excellent! Many thanks for the heads up  Smiley

EDIT: Not working for me, locked up & gave me this error when I tried to stop it:

" namecoind: /usr/include/boost/interprocess/sync/posix/recursive_mutex.hpp:77: boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::posix_recursive_mutex::~posix_recursive_mutex(): Assertion `res == 0' failed."
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Any news/ideas on this little problem yet guys?  Wink
There were some very large blocks, could it be processing just takes longer?

Hey phelix, I'm not sure how having large blocks would cause a time out error - could you elaborate? It's still giving the same error....
Pages:
Jump to: