Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NO-PREMINE][QuarryMN][EtherGEM] An ethereum network with a different view - page 21. (Read 38754 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
Patiently waiting to hear more details about the sidechain  Grin I heard it can be dual mined with the main chain!
Is this a unique concept to EGEM?

Also curious about this. Assuming dual mining is possible, which algo are you planning to use? Hoping something asic resistant! 😘
Wasn't this already dual mining capable with blake2s coins?

Yes you can dual mine now, but the sidechain will dual mine and complement the main chain data structure. Also kind of an oversimplification to call it just a sidechain, but really more of a "sidechain structure" so to speak. This is Team EGEM original contribution to the cryptosphere and based on real world projects implemented on a blockchain like structure over a ten year period.

This is one of the more interesting new ideas the devs have come up with. I am imagining using Claymore for EGEM daggerhash and the sidechain blake2s. So you are dual mining a related blockchain together. Pretty cool concept.
Activity: 133
Merit: 7
Patiently waiting to hear more details about the sidechain  Grin I heard it can be dual mined with the main chain!

Also curious about this. Assuming dual mining is possible, which algo are you planning to use? Hoping something asic resistant! 😘

Yes you can dual mine now, but the sidechain will dual mine and complement the main chain data structure. Also kind of an oversimplification to call it just a sidechain, but really more of a "sidechain structure" so to speak. This is Team EGEM original contribution to the cryptosphere and based on real world projects implemented on a blockchain like structure over a ten year period.
Will that sidechain be just for show or will it also be a coin that we can trade later on?

Definitely a POW coin that will trade and most likely combined with an airdrop to EGEM hodlers at launch to get it started.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
D D D Denarius
Will that sidechain be just for show or will it also be a coin that we can trade later on?
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
Currently we are in era 0.

Solstice: 5001 - 2,500,000

8 EGEM Block reward + 1 founders reward.

Estimated era emissions: 22,455,000 EGEM

Plans and goals for this era:

1. Bring sidechain testnet online.
2. Develop and deploy bots and contracts.
3. Facilitate the creation of tokens and dapps.(have some dapps in works. No finished projects)
4. Build community and gather talent.
5. Have a user input period to sense the direction we should take if ASIC's become a rampant problem.(continued discussion is always an option)
6. Build our own custom block explorer and API endpoint.(In progress)
7. OPAL desktop client application alpha out for testing and auditing.(In progress)

Out of the above we are really close to releasing the OPAL wallet and after that wallet is released we will be working on bringing the side chain online. We have also been rebuilding the block explorer and have the API currently in works as well. The community has had multiple discussions about the ASIC miners and what direction we should take, currently right now we are not worried about any impact.(this can always be addressed in further discussions). We have multiple tokens on that have been created. One of which people know to be Division X.(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndxdivision-x-communal-validation-and-scam-awareness-3201421). This token is the work of Gozzy and his team. Our community continues to grow daily and we welcome anyone new!

Please feel free to join us in Discord for more info and questions!
https://discord.gg/39WGWRB

Activity: 406
Merit: 102
D D D Denarius

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

Activity: 71
Activity: 82
Currently we are migrating dev pool to a new host. It will take some time to have the dns repopulate.
One of a handful of POW coins that's worth a gamble on mining right now, low nethash, completely under the radar still. Lots of interest outside of the main egem devs as well to help bring even more ideas to the table.  Cool
Activity: 66
This project made a lot and team proofed their ability to lead Ethereum Fork project from what i saw during past months.
ETH devs are paid x4 more than normal devs with no premine and 100% PoW this project is defiantly undervalued.
We will see some projects ongoing on this platform soon.
Just think about Bitshares & Cryptobridge, it's pretty same story here.
EGEM will target some nichThis project made a lot and team proofed their ability to lead Ethereum Fork project.
ETH devs are paid x4 more than normal devs with no premine and 100% PoW this project have a bright future.
We will see some projects ongoing on this platform soon.
Just think about Bitshares & Cryptobridge, it's pretty same story here.
EGEM will target some niche markets..
 Wink
Activity: 20
I don't find it on bitshares Sad
EGEM has an ETH pairing on Graviex exchange just opened today:

https://graviex.net/markets/egemeth?markets=all&column=name&order=asc&unit=volume&pinned=false

We also have a few ETH pairs opened on bitshares
Ethash ASICs aren't a threat. They are a little cheaper than building a GPU rig but a GPU rig is more power efficient than the Ethash ASICs.. 6x rx 570 / 580 can hash 180mhs for 600-750w if properly modded / settings.. an the ASIC is 180mhs 800w. The price for the ethash ASIC is cheaper up front.. but has no real resell value and can't mine other algos. There isn't any reason to change algos unless they start mass producing the ASICs and dumping them on the market.

Glad you guys got Egem on an exchange with volume.

You guys should add a mining calculator on your pool page so people get an idea of how many coins they should be mining for their hashrate based off the difficulty without having to calculate it all manually.

Are you guys planning to create a GUI wallet anytime in the near future?

Yes, we remade the desktop GUI wallet and will release soon.

In the mean time here is a mining calculator:

https://www.coincalculators.io/coin.aspx?crypto=ethergem-mining-calculator
Activity: 82
Ethash ASICs aren't a threat. They are a little cheaper than building a GPU rig but a GPU rig is more power efficient than the Ethash ASICs.. 6x rx 570 / 580 can hash 180mhs for 600-750w if properly modded / settings.. an the ASIC is 180mhs 800w. The price for the ethash ASIC is cheaper up front.. but has no real resell value and can't mine other algos. There isn't any reason to change algos unless they start mass producing the ASICs and dumping them on the market.

You guys should add a mining calculator on your pool page so people get an idea of how many coins they should be mining for their hashrate based off the difficulty without having to calculate it all manually.

A desktop wallet is in the works. We had one working for launch but found an issue and needed to do complete rewrite. This turned out to be a good thing. The one we will release puts the first one we had to shame.
Activity: 55

Egem would be more interesting for many miners if Asic/ Nicehash resistant (IMO)

Do you propose to change algo?

Right now we are focused on releasing a side chain that works in conjunction with the main chain. The POW mining community is very important to EGEM so if the average GPU miner is affected by ASIC we will take effective action when those issues are brought to our attention.
Pages:
Jump to: