Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★ - page 10. (Read 80918 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hybrid X11/PoS? Half or 1/4 PoW reward and 2-3% PoS?  Grin

Also, I hope cryptsy didn't end up successfully extorting our premine as an "investment" to let us on like they were trying to.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
they need the 0.5 btc volume on a daily basis in order to change the nyans they receive as payment on their online store back to btc
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
we have no business because there is no backed up volume...
a store would like to get rid of their received coin on the price where there is a lot of backup...
Take altoutlet.com , they considered to add nyan but they said they need 0.5 btc untouched trade volume...
We need a whale who put a large investment in nyancoins (how about 0.5btc @ 100 sat) and the store would consider to add nyan...
It's that simple...  but I am not a whale nor I have 0.5 btc to invest in nyancoin... If I was and I could I would certainly consider it.
You forget one main thing. Coin was not created for mining and pumps and dumps. Coin (money) is created for business. If where is no business, coin will die.
You can copy so many "smart" letter as you want POS, POW, X11 and so on...  I think everyone in crypto community forget about this simple fact.

If BitCoin have businesses behind it don't matter, what it have simplest SHA256 algo, terrible block time 10 minutes and simplest block difficulty re-target without any "gravity". And millions USDollars circulates in this system every hour!

If coin is added to Cryptsy, I think it's best way just stay it alone and think about how to get new businesses here...
Coin is not very popular now, and if you will make mandatory update it's quite possible problems with forks and coin can just die, like SmartCoin.

I agree with you. But we dont have businesses and other while nyancoin costs very little.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
Why? I have 60000 nyan and i vote POS because "mine, sell, price down" is not good model.
You forget one main thing. Coin was not created for mining and pumps and dumps. Coin (money) is created for business. If where is no business, coin will die.
You can copy so many "smart" letter as you want POS, POW, X11 and so on...  I think everyone in crypto community forget about this simple fact.

If BitCoin have businesses behind it don't matter, what it have simplest SHA256 algo, terrible block time 10 minutes and simplest block difficulty re-target without any "gravity". And millions USDollars circulates in this system every hour!

If coin is added to Cryptsy, I think it's best way just stay it alone and think about how to get new businesses here...
Coin is not very popular now, and if you will make mandatory update it's quite possible problems with forks and coin can just die, like SmartCoin.
Activity: 268
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Hey guys, we seem to be really divided at the moment! Even the team are divided and debating the decision. I would like to extend the poll duration so we can get more votes in and try to get more of an idea of what the community wants. This is very much a community coin and we really want our fellow nekonauts helping with major decisions such as these.

Keep the suggestions/comments coming! We want to get everyones ideas into the mix  Smiley
Activity: 268
Well  as far as i can tell ultimately they want to do what will get the coin on crytpsy and increase the trade volume, price, and price stability, which will allow for this coin to be used by merchants if the price is stable and not .0001 cents.

With the coin being POS it should help stabilize the price (better for merchants as well) as there will be not near as many new NYANs coiming in and thus need left investors to keep the price stable. Although that doesnt mean more trade volume either i suppose.

The unfortunate thing about changing an algo now is a lot of people still will not notice, as they will when a brand new coin is out. People like new coins as there is always the chance it will be a 1 week wonder like some other have been.

It is hard to use a pool such as this to determine what will attract new investors, as you are asking current investors their opinion.  Either way i hold ~ 115,000 nyan which i plan to hold as i am with all my other coins since everything is rock bottom. I do not see the price going tooooo much lower than it is now but you never know!
Activity: 392
devs... any news about algo?
looks like vote is seriously divided

maybe a consensus is pow+pos hybrid.
just a thought...

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
POS "won"... Look at the vote results. More like nyancoin community divided into half. IMO, these results are bad. Feels like people who own a big hunk of nyancoins are voting for POS. I'm giving up on this coins if it goes POS.

Why? I have 60000 nyan and i vote POS because "mine, sell, price down" is not good model.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
POS "won"... Look at the vote results. More like nyancoin community divided into half. IMO, these results are bad. Feels like people who own a big hunk of nyancoins are voting for POS. I'm giving up on this coins if it goes POS.

Activity: 336
So POS w/ decreased rewards looks like it won.
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
Activity: 448
Activity: 36