Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Digital Currency Widget: bitcoin / altcoin price widget for android - page 7. (Read 38504 times)

Activity: 609
Merit: 505
version 49:
 - add bitcoin.de

I did this by scraping the html off the front page, and caching the result on my server, since they never responded to my inquiries about their API. The data may be behind up to about 5 minutes.
version 49:
 - add bitcoin.de
version 48:
 - add support for coins-e
 - add nxt image
 - add MAX and a few other coins at mcxnow.com
version 47:
 - add images for florincoin, unobtanium, and protoshares
 - add preev (preev.com)
 - increase decimal precision for small owc values (e.g. $.0012)
Howdy... Thanks for the widget. I just started tracking NXT and noticed that you have no logo for it. At #5 at coinmarketcap, and as a very innovative coin, I think it makes sense to have the logo right...

You can find the NXT logos and icons here: http://www.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-coin/nxt-media-kit

Sure! I just saw this so it narrowly missed version 47. It'll be in the next release (version 48+) though.
Activity: 234
Merit: 105
Howdy... Thanks for the widget. I just started tracking NXT and noticed that you have no logo for it. At #5 at coinmarketcap, and as a very innovative coin, I think it makes sense to have the logo right...

You can find the NXT logos and icons here: http://www.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-coin/nxt-media-kit
Activity: 375
Merit: 250

It's a cool idea. I'd definitely consider adding it as a feature. I don't see an easy way to scrape the info though? Would the user have to input their j-d password just to see their personal profit?

that's great. I know JD has a bunch of investors and bettors with bots that would use this.

to get personal profits a username and password would be needed. however, JD uses 2fa so it doesn't totally compromise security. additionally JD publishes anonymous account balances on a weekly basis. it may be possible to get anonymous account balances on a more frequent schedule or upon request.

@bitcoinproj has already implemented hourly total site profits in their twitter feed, so that seems like JD already has a method of automated requesting that information. I know total site profits would be pretty helpful too.
version 46:
 - add memorycoin image
 - fix vircurex api
I was thinking about making a widget just like this that displays the current profits of Just-Dice.com. or better yet the profits of a user. Investors and bettors with bots would use this all the time.

any chance of getting the source code again? I would follow all license requirements and give.credit where its due.

or you could just consider this a feature request and code it yourself.

It's a cool idea. I'd definitely consider adding it as a feature. I don't see an easy way to scrape the info though? Would the user have to input their j-d password just to see their personal profit?
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
I was thinking about making a widget just like this that displays the current profits of Just-Dice.com. or better yet the profits of a user. Investors and bettors with bots would use this all the time.

any chance of getting the source code again? I would follow all license requirements and give.credit where its due.

or you could just consider this a feature request and code it yourself.
version 45:
 - add bter (all tradepairs)
version 44:
 - add bitcoin-central.net (EUR pricing)
Just nudged bitcoin.de support again. They haven't been responding.
I still haven't heard back from bitcoin.de support, even though I nudged them again recently. Hopefully they are just not responding because it's the weekend.
There have been some major issues with cryptsy widgets, mostly because the php code on my server that was handling cache requests was really inefficient and the server was getting bogged down with just a few requests per second.

I've completely rewritten the way caching is done, now it should be much faster. However, this change will require all existing cryptsy widgets to be reconfigured. You just have to go into your widget configuration and choose the coin again. Sorry, I tried to avoid this, but I suck and this is the best I could come up with especially because I wanted to fix the issue ASAP.

version 43:
  - YOU WILL NEED TO RECONFIGURE YOUR CRYPTSY WIDGETS -- sorry!
  - revamped the way cryptsy data is cached on the server and collected by the widget. should fix recent cryptsy stability issues.
Hello qxzn,
Can you please add MemoryCoin (MMC).
It's traded on Bter and value can be fetched on coinmarketcap or cryptmarketcap

Thanks!

I am planning to add Bter soon. Hopefully I can do it in a way that automatically includes all coins on their platform.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Hello qxzn,
Can you please add MemoryCoin (MMC).
It's traded on Bter and value can be fetched on coinmarketcap or cryptmarketcap

Thanks!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
They said I needed to create an account and that I would then be able to access the API. They also said I could only poll the API once every two minutes, which is fine with me -- I'll cache the data on my server like I do with other unreliable exchanges (*ahem* cryptsy *ahem*).

But they haven't responded in a good while now..
Thank you very much for your efforts so far!
I will wait and see what happens. Smiley
I just messaged bitcoin.de to ask about an API. Let's see what they say.
Thanks!

I'm curious about the answer.

They said I needed to create an account and that I would then be able to access the API. They also said I could only poll the API once every two minutes, which is fine with me -- I'll cache the data on my server like I do with other unreliable exchanges (*ahem* cryptsy *ahem*).

But they haven't responded in a good while now..
I really love this but it crashes A LOT especially when trying to change or setup coins on a cryptsy widget.

Yes. Sorry about that. I had an issue where the cached json file on my server was getting corrupted every time the cryptsy API call failed, which is lots. I fixed it about 12 hours ago. It will be good to know if you continue to experience a lot of crashing.
Pages:
Jump to: