Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 2. (Read 74113 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
not yet- client fixed--just need coin placed on exchange
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Did this ever get going again?  Smiley
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Geist Geld resurrection? Are you serious?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Okay, it works. Lets get some pools to give it a whirl eh?

Maybe Bitparking can give it a try again?

-MarkM-
legendary
Copied from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3165333 :

rsnel, GeistGeld is getting to need over 16 gigs of RAM or thereabouts, would you be able to upgrade it with I0Coin's nice new stuff so that all of a suddent it too will fit in little RAM and thus be accessible to many more people? There would be a lot of XGG in it for you if you can because the more RAM it takes the less people left who have enough RAM to run it, its difficulty is thus pretty darn low. So you can pick up oodles of them easy and likely improve their value a lot by doing such an update.

I did the 'dirty fix' on geistgeld (which I did on I0coin, before I developed a clean fix). I have removed auxpows from the blockindex. The client now uses about 550MB.

It breaks:
  • integrity checking of auxpows while loading the blockindex from disk at startup
  • getheaders (which is not used by Satoshi clients)

The code is not recommended, but it seems to work just fine. The 'on disk' format of the database is different, you must rebuild the blockindex if you switch between this version and the original geistgeld.

http://github.com/rsnel/geistgeld/

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
Does the price shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc look reasonable? (Those are in DeVCoins, of course, for granularity.)

Those prices aare intended for marking up or down based on whether one is offerign to sell or offering to buy of course but for say a million DeVCoins worth or a whole bitcoin's worth or something along those lines just a one percent markup might be reasonable.

(Usually the scripts that use those prices trade on three scales of market, using three different markups, with 1%, if available at all, as the lowest markup, on the largest of the three scales of market the scripts trade on.)

GeistGeld is of course XGG.

-MarkM-

So what does 14.89 mean?  How much GG (XGG) would I get for 1 BTC or 1 LTC?  Not sure if it trades in LTC or BTC.  Thanks!
legendary
Does the price shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc look reasonable? (Those are in DeVCoins, of course, for granularity.)

Those prices aare intended for marking up or down based on whether one is offerign to sell or offering to buy of course but for say a million DeVCoins worth or a whole bitcoin's worth or something along those lines just a one percent markup might be reasonable.

(Usually the scripts that use those prices trade on three scales of market, using three different markups, with 1%, if available at all, as the lowest markup, on the largest of the three scales of market the scripts trade on.)

GeistGeld is of course XGG.

-MarkM-
perhaps-- I first need the client updated
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
Anybody wanna sell some Geist Gold coins?
legendary
Considering the sheer number of coins GeistGeld puts out per day its exchange rate is pretty high compared to some others that put out less per day:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc

That is measured in devcoins, which themselves have only yesterday or so started to adjust downward in a belated response to the fact devcoin rates on most web-based exchanges that are popular with bitcointalk folk have been a fraction of the devcoin rates prevailing in the tables and plots found at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-
legendary
It is still running.

Like all the merged mined coins it is waiting for an up to date bitcoin with merged mining as a secondary chain patches applied so it can update to latest code...

-MarkM-
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I like this coin a lot, it is a pity to let it die, wonder can those who are interested, lets write to the developer and see if we can revive it?
any chance this returns-- just as good as the other shitcoins
Activity: 448
Is this coin still alive?

Nah. It was gelded, so its entire line died out...
Activity: 476
What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!
Is this coin still alive?
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Well lets just say GeistGeld is the last on the list of coins to merged mine, not worth looking into until you already have bitcoin, namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, ixcoin and i0coin all humming along nicely...

-MarkM-

..and was the first (and only) one to throw out when I was experimenting with merge mining. For problems where I suspect the super-high blockrate of GG was negatively influencing all other chains, Bitcoin included.

Strange to see Lolcust vanished, though..

However it turns out to be: More Coins for you! :-)

Ente

I think Lolcust is still active on this board. He probably just stopped using his Lolcust account.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Well lets just say GeistGeld is the last on the list of coins to merged mine, not worth looking into until you already have bitcoin, namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, ixcoin and i0coin all humming along nicely...

-MarkM-

..and was the first (and only) one to throw out when I was experimenting with merge mining. For problems where I suspect the super-high blockrate of GG was negatively influencing all other chains, Bitcoin included.

Strange to see Lolcust vanished, though..

However it turns out to be: More Coins for you! :-)

Ente
legendary

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
So if someone is out there mining it, they are doing so without incoming ports open.

And raking in all the coins like I used to.

Of course everyone is interested to interconnect their daemons. If indeed there are several daemons out there not connnected to each other, that is in fact a chainsplit with several independent chains in existance. Once they connect to each other (or to the "real" network which might still be out there), all but the longest chain in existance vanish.
Maybe we should have a second look at how the peer discovery works..

Or, as the second possibility, MarkM is billionaire by now. GG billionaire, that is. :-)

Ente

(not implying that you are not aware of this, MarkM)
legendary
I merged mined it once upon a time, but had to stop as it screwed up the merged mining in general.

I tried again a week or two ago. It uses way more RAM than other chains, drives all the chains into over five second delays that mess up the p2pool merged mining for all the chains. I figured to do it I would need to put it on a totally separate machine from all the other chains, plus, it would need to be a big enough machine to run two copies, or I would need two such machines, so it would have someone to talk to so it could mine, since there were no connections out there to be found so I myself would have to run two so they could talk to each other. (The daemons wont mine if they have no connections.)

So if someone is out there mining it, they are doing so without incoming ports open.

And raking in all the coins like I used to.

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: