Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 4. (Read 74113 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501
does someone have a GeistGeld for ubuntu 11.10 64bit binary avalable ?
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
GG is more of a proof-of-concept and toy for bleeding edge ideas. No currency to be used for shopping. I already gained a lot by merge-mining GG. Not in $ or BTC, but in knowledge about that whole crazy mining, mergemining, protocols and real-life obstacles.
There seem to be a low number of active nodes, not? A pitty!

Ente
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I like GG but the problem is there seem to be no value left.   No point mining when you can buy tons for 1 BTC
Activity: 525
Or you could stop using it altogether...

Which appears to have happened. GG will be dropped from vircurex on April 14th.

marked

In just a few days the GG wallet's memory consumption went up from 1.5GB to 2GB. Something is happening in the chain, no way of being able to support it under these circumstances.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
An ever increasing number of games, since unlike most game-currency this is one the players can take home with them so they can take in to another game.

-MarkM-

Why would the developers of the "another game" want that?

Still Bitcoin is equally good as a game currency and has the advantage of not being a dead currency.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
An ever increasing number of games, since unlike most game-currency this is one the players can take home with them so they can take in to another game.

-MarkM-
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
It seems to work fine with merged mining, so I am still mining it alongside bitcoin, namecoin, groupcoin, devcoin, ixcion, i0coin and rucoin.

It looks like it should be quite useful as a game-currency.

-MarkM-

what game is that? "who can collect the most worthless coins?"
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
It seems to work fine with merged mining, so I am still mining it alongside bitcoin, namecoin, groupcoin, devcoin, ixcion, i0coin and rucoin.

It looks like it should be quite useful as a game-currency.

-MarkM-
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Which appears to have happened. GG will be dropped from vircurex on April 14th.

marked
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
The GG wallet is currently using 1.5GB memory on my Linux machine. Can someone adjust the code to reduce the memory consumption drastically otherwise it becomes unfeasable to run it in the near future.

The GG wallet is currently using 1.5GB memory on my Linux machine. Can someone adjust the code to reduce the memory consumption drastically otherwise it becomes unfeasable to run it in the near future.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
I've been merge mining GG with my p2pool and have been getting blocks although the number has dropped significantly in the past day or two.  Two connections and currently at block 1016444.

I sort of have a block explorer running for GG.  It hasn't updated GG in a few days now since I had to move GG off to another box due high loads causing problems with p2pool mining.

Edit:  I'm starting to think looking at the numbers that I've not received any credit in the last 24 hours as well. Updating my block explorer for GG to find out what's going on.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
I am merge mining GG with around 200Mh/s. In the last 24h the balance reported by geistgeld-d getinfo didnt change at all. Blockcount does rise though (1016131). Diff is 0.936. Two connections. Whats up with that?
Also, The miner (cgminer) reports full speed, but p2pool merged mining randomly stays between 20 and 150 Mh/s. Which might or might not have anything to do with GG.

So, is GG still fully working? Is there a blockexplorer? I guess it takes the 120 confirmations for geists to be shown in -getinfo? Which should take less than half an hour anyway..

Ente
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
Can someone give me a linux Geist Geld binary, I cannot get it to compile...
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Does GG use GPU mining or CPU mining?
GPU, so yes you will lose money mining it ....
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
Bitcoin!
Does GG use GPU mining or CPU mining?
Not really, namecoin and litecoin is still doing quite decently.
I guess thats the fate of most alt-chains these days.
But the prices has dropped to near worthless Sad
It still does.
Pages:
Jump to: