Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 6. (Read 74170 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
sweet taste of victory Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
with geist.conf provided all is ok
thanks
Hillariously voracious
for what .tenebrix is? where i can find info about that?
i have only ~/.geistgeld folder

Not tenebrix, .geistgeld - that was a Brain-O which I didn't edit away in time.

This thing needs Specialsauce Config to be in the ~/.geistgeld (it keeps half its guts in the config)

You can check out the walkthrough for linux here http://www.geistgeld.org/get-started.html
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
You need to use the right conf file. You can't just create it.

https://github.com/Lolcust/GeistGeld/blob/multimergemine2/geist.conf
for what .tenebrix is? where i can find info about that?
i have only ~/.geistgeld folder
Hillariously voracious
I think you did forget to create a .geistgeld folder in your home directory and put the config there Smiley

Checkout the readme in git, and/or the linux walkthrough at geistgeld.org Smiley
build (daemon only): make -f makefile.unix bitcoind

config:

tereska@U1104:~/.geistgeld$ more geist.conf
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcport=8336
daemon=1
paytxfee=0.00
portsend=7769

---
i'm running it as ussual:
./bitcoind
(started) it downloads 99 blocks and thats all....

please help
Hillariously voracious
"Likely to be Geistnet?" : false,
^^
You've borked the config thing somehow

OS ?

Any details as to how you run it ?
i'm stuck @ 99 block. no other blocks are downloaded
what could I do??

{
    "version" : 36977,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 99,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "difficulty" : 1.00000000,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "Likely to be Geistnet?" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1317408941,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Cycle changed to 2016? Naah, most likely allchains.info got bugged ?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
The information at allchain seems to indicate that GG is the second most mined coin, wonder how long will it maintain this position or any chance of overtaking bitcoin which is extremely far ahead.

2nd most mined?  how do you calculate that?  Are you going by the number block it is on?  I think that's not a measure of "most mined."  I think "most mined" means has cummulatively had the most hashing power allocated to it.

For that, you need to include the target rate at which a block is solved. 

BTC is every 10min
Solid coin is every 3min
Ix & I0 & nmc are 10min?
gg is 15 seconds?

Once you adjust the block count to be on a constant interval, then you'll be able to rank those amounts to determine the "most mined" cryptocurrency.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
The information at allchain seems to indicate that GG is the second most mined coin, wonder how long will it maintain this position or any chance of overtaking bitcoin which is extremely far ahead.
Yeap this is what I did too, a few seconds job, I don't see the fuss over it.

I copy it, by console window--> mark, then CTRL+C and voala.
I copy it, by console window--> mark, then CTRL+C and voala.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
When will be COPY option ENABLED in GG client?

It sort of is - windows "crutches" client allows you to copy and paste any text in the console, with the exact manner of doing so being determined by EDIT->Settings->Copy and paste
Tried & got tired. It just selects & cant able to copy. Also changed settings in hotkeys..

Anyone can able to successfully copy address from GG client window using copy option?
besides Tenebrix interface is fantastic compared to GG.

I also face a strange problem. Clicking the GeistGeld_Portable_Cons.exe or TenebrixPortable.exe directly or with a shortcut don't always open the clietns.
Some times it takes 2-3 double clicks to open.
Is their any way to directly open the clients as in other client currencies?
It seems the portable software you used to create have some problems, which some times causes more clicks to open.

And still, most profitable chain!
The price is good but the difficulty jumps to more than 200!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Started trading on a pair of GG / BTC

https://btc-e.com/gg_exchanger
Hillariously voracious

WOW thats fast, even every 15 seconds.  Why does bitcoin use such a long window (10 minutes).  I don't quite understand.  If GG can produce/verify several blocks a minute, why does it take btc 10 mins?

Long story.

Bitcoin has a different set of assumptions about threats and network. GG was made to see whether that envelope can be pushed.

Can you give me the short version of the long story if its too much...  10 minutes seems like too long.  Wouldn't BTC be better if it was 1 minute or less to confirm a transaction?

There is tradeoff between centralization and block speed.

BTC was designed as "millions upon millions of peeps mine with cpus" not "everyone is gathered in 4-6 pools"

Also, you need damn precise clocking to mine blocks at such speed (that's why GG has a built-in NTP solution to, well, ensure good time across the net)
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

WOW thats fast, even every 15 seconds.  Why does bitcoin use such a long window (10 minutes).  I don't quite understand.  If GG can produce/verify several blocks a minute, why does it take btc 10 mins?

Long story.

Bitcoin has a different set of assumptions about threats and network. GG was made to see whether that envelope can be pushed.

Can you give me the short version of the long story if its too much...  10 minutes seems like too long.  Wouldn't BTC be better if it was 1 minute or less to confirm a transaction?
Pages:
Jump to: