Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 22. (Read 74170 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506
Also, one of conditions for bounty projects (which GG will traditionally have, stand by for list) will be that they are made open-source, so that everyone can benefit from them

a wonderful laundry service that guarantees 100% squeaky clean GeistGeld (mined, no history attached)

Eh ?

I suggest you create a set of board members who will hold each an equal amount of those 7 million for bounties so that there is accountability.

Say you had like 10 people with each 700,000 GG and they were reputable in the community. I think users of GG would be more apt to want to put trust in this project.

Here's your first post. Now explain how you can conveniently "forget" to mention this important thing about 7 million pre-mined coins.
I mean I'm ok with pre-mined used to benefit a coin with bounties and the laundry idea. And 7 million might be a bit excessive. But not mentioning it before you got people to mine your coin is unacceptable.

Good point. Where did you say anything about 7 million premined coins?

You just said "bounties".

As I indicated it will take the network at least 93 days to generate 7million coins.

You think 3 months head-start is more than enough time to get things in place?

But i'm not trying to troll I'm just wanting answers like coblee.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
Also, one of conditions for bounty projects (which GG will traditionally have, stand by for list) will be that they are made open-source, so that everyone can benefit from them

a wonderful laundry service that guarantees 100% squeaky clean GeistGeld (mined, no history attached)

Eh ?

I thought long and hard about the 7 mil figure.

If I was making a coin that has "max amount" and isn't churned out at a rate of 7 units every 15 seconds, it would have been excessive.

Given lack of deflationary anticipation in GG (and upper limit that borders on astronomical), if anything, I'm afraid that I pre-mined too little to allow my (planned) laundry serve a large order of bitcoins (via abovementioned scheme), should such arrive.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Hillariously voracious
The seven millions are legitimate, and are the bounties and laundry fund that I think I mentioned in the first post.

Wow, this was never mentioned. That's very sneaky of you. This is even worse than ixcoin.

cough  cough coughRoll Eyes didn't I mention having a fund for starting up a laundry and posting bounties ? I definitely did no less than twice in this thread.

How   does baby bounty form?

premining  Grin !

I could premine them the ugly way, and burden the network with a crapton of Fund Blocks, or I could do it the economic way and waste only one block on the affair.

Lolcust exactly how many premined GG coins do you have?

My current budget is 7769999 in bounty + laundry superfund, and a couple hundreds I couldn't send a guy because his address seems broken.

At the rate we have been generating these blocks it would take 93 days just to mine 7,000,000 GG.

That seems like an awfully long head start on bounty coins (over 3 months time at current rates).[/b]

Don't forget that I intend to sink no less than four (maybe more) mils into my Laundry Buffer, to never ever be spent (and provide a service to the community, yay!)

Tell me this. What's to stop you from dumping them on the exchange when one does come along?

The fact that I will earn, at most, a grand 'o bucks in bitcoin, while instead I could use the Superfund as bounties (or convert small fractions into bitcoins to pay folks who don't like being paid in Geist) to make Geist better, implement optimizations that will prevent it from choking to death on its block-speed and c00l tricks like Contracts, hidden transactions and shit-whatnot, make my laundry, and insure a steady income from helping simple Joe Sixpack Bitcoinlaunderer   launder dirty bitcoins via "DirtyBTC->GG->LolcustLaundry->squeaky-clean GG->Squeaky-clean BTC (from a different exchange)" scheme ?

I could earn a grand o'buck by smuggling cellphones into Belarus.

What I want is to take a stab at viable alt-chain, with possibility of stable (if small) completely automated income via provision of much required community service Cheesy

Not everyone is a dim short-term maximizer, dude.

This is starting to sound like the ixcoin story all over again...

Only with actual, you know, differences, and actual benefit to community (which has already manifested in the form of Timetraveler-eviction patch)
7 million premined coins in a single block? How many blocks did u get?

1 worth 7 mil, and 200 worth 7. You see, Multicoin code allows to put X into first block, and then apply a different ruleset to the rest. Neat feat.

I have given away every single Geist in the latter 200 blocks (to which any subsequent Block-exploration will trivially attest)

You bring up valid points.

There are major difference and improvements yes.

Who did you give the 200 blocks to?
Hillariously voracious

Tell me this. What's to stop you from dumping them on the exchange when one does come along?

The fact that I will earn, at most, a grand 'o bucks in bitcoin, while instead I could use the Superfund as bounties (or convert small fractions into bitcoins to pay folks who don't like being paid in Geist) to make Geist better, implement optimizations that will prevent it from choking to death on its block-speed and c00l tricks like Contracts, hidden transactions and shit-whatnot, make my laundry, and insure a steady income from helping simple Joe Sixpack Bitcoinlaunderer   launder dirty bitcoins via "DirtyBTC->GG->LolcustLaundry->squeaky-clean GG->Squeaky-clean BTC (from a different exchange)" scheme ?

I could earn a grand o'buck by smuggling cellphones into Belarus.

What I want is to take a stab at viable alt-chain, with possibility of stable (if small) completely automated income via provision of much required community service Cheesy

Not everyone is a dim short-term maximizer, dude.

Only with actual, you know, differences, and actual benefit to community (which has already manifested in the form of Timetraveler-eviction patch)

1 worth 7 mil, and 200 worth 7. You see, Multicoin code allows to put X into first block, and then apply a different ruleset to the rest. Neat feat.

I have given away every single Geist in the latter 200 blocks (to which any subsequent Block-exploration will trivially attest)
Lolcust exactly how many premined GG coins do you have?
At the rate we have been generating these blocks it would take 93 days just to mine 7,000,000 GG.

That seems like an awfully long head start on bounty coins (over 3 months time at current rates).

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
The seven millions are legitimate, and are the bounties and laundry fund that I think I mentioned in the first post.

Wow, this was never mentioned. That's very sneaky of you. This is even worse than ixcoin. I'm glad this came out before I waste more time with this scamcoin.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Orphans should show up in listtransactions, IIRC.

are you sure you have ntp=1, Sekioh ?

Yeah, had to be on the right chain, had the right block number in the 1600 range, was using the raw console, also tried doing the 'client' and straight out of box getting application exception crashes saying something about txn_ and the save point and to run database recovery. I wiped all the database and lock files, only the wallet was left and it redownloads most of the basics and then crashes there again before it gets very far into the process of setup.

This chains been nothing but trouble from the start for me :| Hours wasted to get reset then all the shares dont exist or are stale, and crashing. Was trying to dedicate some time to the chain, but this is just hassle after hassle.

Activity: 253
Merit: 250
TIMETRAVELLER EVICTED.
HUGE SUCCESS.

I am so putting this instead of usual error text in the next build.

It'd be cooler to put something like "Block velocity exceeds 88mph" Tongue
Activity: 135

I just got this
ERROR: CheckBlock() : block timestamp too far in the future
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

TIMETRAVELLER EVICTED.
HUGE SUCCESS.

LOL
So i'm guessing its not my client making the wrong timestamp?
Activity: 237
block count would easily shed some light on this:
60k+ = you're on the old GG chain without enablefullretargetperiod
~350 = you're on the old GG chain with enablefullretargetperiod
~240 = you're on the new GG chain without enablefullretargetperiod
~1650 = you're on the new GG chain with enablefullretargetperiod

last one is the "real" chain.

Thanks for this! After finally getting on the right chain (was on the ~240 chain) and setting ntp=1 I'm starting to see some accepted shares. Cool
Activity: 154
Okay lolcust,

Do you see anything wrong here?

It's probably right there and I don't even see it.  Still can't get any work done.

Thanks again for your help.
I have a suspicion that some coins were mined that weren't legitimate. I had my first block orphaned and it containe dover 7 million coins.

Now can someone create a simple block explorer so we can verify the first 1000 blocks to see that no monkey business was done?

Thanks  Wink

The reasoning behind the sum is the following - geist has neither production drop-off nor upper limit on amount of gg in the chain (well, there sorta is, over a hundred billions, lol) which means no expectation of deflation and thus a lower (compared to other alt-coins) price per unit (when exchanged open)

Thus, I need much more than other coins in terms of bounties.

I also want to organize a "cryptocurrency laundry" that does not suffer from the usual crap of having too little coinage to ensure that you don't get fed your own coins.

After some guesstimations, I've reasoned that I need no less than four millions as buffer for laundry (never to be spent, but instead serve as "clean coin" supply for the laundry while "dirty" coins are accumulated in separate  wallet to eventually become the new buffer, while commission is diverted to yet another laundry) and about a pair of millions for bounties and stuff, so I can more easily persuade competent people to lend their helping hands to the effort.

Then, I proceeded to contemplate how should I organize pre-mining those, since forcing other people to download a crapton of blocks just because I want to start the cleanest e-money laundry of all times would be kinda mean.

I've figured a way of doing so in just one block without ruining the coin's operation via multicoin's inflation trigger thing, thus achieving pre-mining without encumbering the chain with a swarm of Laundry&Bounty Fund blocks
None of that was secret since post one, and BTW those coins are quite "canonical"

Hillariously voracious
I have a suspicion that some coins were mined that weren't legitimate. I had my first block orphaned and it containe dover 7 million coins.

Now can someone create a simple block explorer so we can verify the first 1000 blocks to see that no monkey business was done?

Thanks  Wink

The reasoning behind the sum is the following - geist has neither production drop-off nor upper limit on amount of gg in the chain (well, there sorta is, over a hundred billions, lol) which (combined with very fast blocks) means no expectation of deflation and thus a lower (compared to other alt-coins) price per unit (when exchanges open, that is)

Thus, I need much more than other coins in terms of bounties.

I also want to organize a "cryptocurrency laundry" that does not suffer from the usual crap of having too little coinage to ensure that you don't get fed your own coins.

After some guesstimations, I've reasoned that I need no less than four millions as buffer for laundry (never to be spent, but instead serve as "clean coin" supply for the laundry while "dirty" coins are accumulated in separate  wallet to eventually become the new buffer, while commission is diverted to yet another wallet) and about a pair of millions for bounties and stuff, so I can more easily persuade competent people to lend their helping hands to the effort. I added a bunch o'geists on top of that "just in case" so I can also open a "Geist Faucet" and keep it running for at least half a year (I am confident in my peer's ability to milk it dry)

Then, I proceeded to contemplate how should I organize pre-mining those, since forcing other people to download a crapton of blocks just because I want to start the cleanest e-money laundry of all times would be kinda mean.

I've figured a way of doing so in just one block without ruining the coin's operation via multicoin's inflation trigger thing, thus achieving pre-mining without encumbering the chain with a swarm of Laundry&Bounty Fund blocks
None of that was secret since post one, and BTW those coins are quite "canonical"

I just got this

TIMETRAVELLER EVICTED.
HUGE SUCCESS.

Activity: 135
I just got this
Activity: 154
third tab over. control
type

getinfo

Thank you.

Block 1676
Connections 13
Diff 132
hashespersec 0

Activity: 406
Merit: 257
Yeah, if your system clock is off more than 10 sec or so, you pretty much need ntp=1 (hrrrm... actually it should be gracefully falling back to median-of-peer-time in that case... wtf?)

Thanks  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: