Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 26. (Read 74170 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
I want some geistgeld!
Can you reserve some for me untill i get home to find my address please?

Lol, sure thing, I'll set aside about half for you and half for whomever else claims and posts adress oke ?
Hillariously voracious
Geist reset, with all updates, new awesome NTP by ArtForz and a milder diff adjust

With "crutches" pseudo-gui    http://www.mediafire.com/?g8i4lx4qjf6phie

Raw files http://www.mediafire.com/?2ymc9tito0mbj2l

Getting an IRC recv failed:10060 error, doesn't work.

BTW, I am giving away the Geists I mined today (except for the bounty/laundry "fund" of course Smiley) which is 1407 Geists.

Hurry to be the first to apply,   ^__^

Something must be awry... I have been successfully mining on my bitcoind and it says we are at 205 blocks. You'd have mined 201 blocks for those 1407 Geists... but I know that is not possible because of my own balance. When I started (about an hour ago) it was on block ~25. Am I on the wrong blockchain or what? Using the Linux compiled from GitHub and the bitcoin.conf in your recent "reboot" post.

Strange, you might be on some chain fork or something (I did, however, change the magic numbers so old geists wouldn't talk with new ones so dunno where could that fork come from  Huh)

200 something blocks were pre-mined (No 200 is a checkpoint), from the top of my head 201 (hence 1407 Geists) but if I actually pre-mined 205 (they could have been caught while I was reaching for the guiminer icon, lol) then I'll add 28 to the "forum fund" lol Smiley

Try using the chunk of chain found in the "blockchain+conf" folder in git if oddity persists.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
BTW, I am giving away the Geists I mined today (except for the bounty/laundry "fund" of course Smiley) which is 1407 Geists.

Something must be awry... I have been successfully mining on my bitcoind and it says we are at 205 blocks. You'd have mined 201 blocks for those 1407 Geists... but I know that is not possible because of my own balance. When I started (about an hour ago) it was on block ~25. Am I on the wrong blockchain or what? Using the Linux compiled from GitHub and the bitcoin.conf in your recent "reboot" post.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Geist reset, with all updates, new awesome NTP by ArtForz and a milder diff adjust

With "crutches" pseudo-gui    http://www.mediafire.com/?g8i4lx4qjf6phie

Raw files http://www.mediafire.com/?2ymc9tito0mbj2l

Getting an IRC recv failed:10060 error, doesn't work.
Activity: 135
I want some geistgeld!
Can you reserve some for me untill i get home to find my address please?
Hillariously voracious

Hillariously voracious
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Is there a pool yet?
Hillariously voracious

With "crutches" pseudo-gui    http://www.mediafire.com/?nu5mccf9cmr9ml5

Raw files http://www.mediafire.com/?yeyf1vgvj0plne9
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2300
Chief Scientist
RE: where in the code:  script.cpp

Code:
static const size_t nMaxNumSize = 4;

CBigNum CastToBigNum(const valtype& vch)
{
    if (vch.size() > nMaxNumSize)
        throw runtime_error("CastToBigNum() : overflow");
    // Get rid of extra leading zeros                                                                                                                
    return CBigNum(CBigNum(vch).getvch());
}

... and all of the arithmetic binary ops do a CastToBigNum()

nMaxNumSize = 4 means numbers added must be 32-bits or less.

RE: simpler version being redeemed by anybody by rewriting:  D'oh!  Right, definitely need a signature so the transaction can't be modified between being broadcast and being included in a block.  I'll remove it from the wiki page.
Hillariously voracious
Where in the code does it prevent the addition of bignums with OP_ADD?

ByteCoin

Now that's the spirit Smiley
Activity: 416
Merit: 277
RE: hidden recipient address:
... I'll update the wiki [with a simpler version of "hidden recipient address"]

I believe that your simpler version of "hidden recipient address" can be redeemed by anyone (most probably a miner) by rewriting the transaction which includes the revealed secret in order to credit themselves.
In short - it's insecure.

Where in the code does it prevent the addition of bignums with OP_ADD?

ByteCoin
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
3. Got a cross-platform way to determine if the system we're running on has a running and working ntpd? Does windows even have real NTP support? iirc even W7 only has a SNTP daemon to periodically sync ala ntpdate-from-cronjob.
On Linux and other systems that use the standard ISC ntpd (which ought to include Mac OS X too), you should be able to send a query packet to the local ntpd in the same way that the ntpq command does. I believe the format of this packet is even documented somewhere.
sorry Lolcust! Didnt see the new thread!
Hillariously voracious
Please dont reset! I have so many coins mined now lol
I have been mining like crazy the whole weekend.
I suggest bitcoinexpress do the right thing and donate the 20000 blocks to bounties?  Grin

Guys, guys, I made a different thread to handle the reset discussion for a reason, and that reason is that I would rather keep this thread for suggestions (and discussion) of future geist parameters / technical discussion / improvement suggestions/ general support and stuff like that.

If you have something to say about why the idea of a reset rocks (or suxx) please do so here. Pretty please ?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
I suggest bitcoinexpress do the right thing and donate the 20000 blocks to bounties?  Grin

I mined 15,000 but I think a restart would be better for the chain...
Hillariously voracious
Awww, that's sad.

I wonder what the simpler version can do, though...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2300
Chief Scientist
RE: hidden recipient address:

I dug deeper into the Script OPs when working on the multisig proposal, and OP_ADD can't add bignums, so the 'hidden recipient' script won't work.

A simpler version would, though; I'll update the wiki.
Hillariously voracious
the "hidden transfer" script implementation

Where can I read about this?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script

"Hidden recipient address

With this script by Gavin, the address of the recipient is encrypted until after the output is claimed. "randomNumber" must be known by both the sender and the recipient. "

Cool or wicked cool ?

I'd just love to get this stuff into Geist for it to be there... the street will, I believe, find a use for this thing...
Pages:
Jump to: