Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New alternate cryptocurrency - Geist Geld - page 24. (Read 74170 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
It fixed the timewarp exploit. So now a 51% attacker can do what a 51% attacker is supposed to be able to do. But no longer "create 10000 blocks in 5 minutes"

Tested and confirmed fixed!

cool !

Now I guess is time to invite pools... Or maybe make one...Decisions, decisions.

Oh, guys, BTW.

I forgot (silly me!) to turn Artz's NTP on in the config. It is strongly advised that everyone activate the ntp since otherwise shenanigans would eventually happen.

To do so, simply put the following line into your config:

ntp=1

Yup, that's all, then you're free to mine on!

P.S.:
I will update the git and the config coming with Win files when I get out of GPRS land...

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
To get a "acceptable" stale rate at 15s/block you pretty much need a local poold w/ longpolling + cgminer. (at 15 s/block and with poclbm+friends 5s askrate and no LP, you're looking at something like 20% stales)

That would explain things.  Have the Bitcoin devs fixed the timewarp (sorry for lack of a better description, that's the only word I could think of) issue and what's there to stop someone from doing it right now?  Or is there still a bit of muscle required to overcome the existing 10-12TH/s on the network?

Bitcoin doesn't adjust based on time - it adjusts based on block rates, so this problem never existed.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
To get a "acceptable" stale rate at 15s/block you pretty much need a local poold w/ longpolling + cgminer. (at 15 s/block and with poclbm+friends 5s askrate and no LP, you're looking at something like 20% stales)

That would explain things.  Have the Bitcoin devs fixed the timewarp (sorry for lack of a better description, that's the only word I could think of) issue and what's there to stop someone from doing it right now?  Or is there still a bit of muscle required to overcome the existing 10-12TH/s on the network?
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
Weird, not seeing this here, so far had roughly 3% orphans.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
well my blocks disappear after 10 conformations without showing up on the balance.
It fixed the timewarp exploit. So now a 51% attacker can do what a 51% attacker is supposed to be able to do. But no longer "create 10000 blocks in 5 minutes"

Ah, excellent.  Good work, Lolcust!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Ok I think I have everything running now.  I'm getting a lot of stales, but I'm not sure if it's the chain itself or my GPU which has been acting strange lately.  So has GG patched the possible 51% exploit along with the timewarp exploits that Art talked about?

High stales are normal at low difficulty.
I think it has something to do with the time between finding new blocks, also.
If you submit a share (or is it a nonce?) for a block that already was found by someone else, yours is too late and probably becomes a stale.

I had a lot of stales when mining i0coin and solidcoin with high networkpower and low difficulty too.
Ok I think I have everything running now.  I'm getting a lot of stales, but I'm not sure if it's the chain itself or my GPU which has been acting strange lately.  So has GG patched the possible 51% exploit along with the timewarp exploits that Art talked about?
legendary
I'm out, sorry but no blocks appear on the balance someone is betting on a majority of hashing power while refusing others to connect it seems. Or whatever it is, good luck with it.

I got 500 on my balance in 90 minutes, I guess it's working like it should.
Err, what? we're at block 1373 and difficulty 66.46.
Make sure you have the new build and enablefullretargetperiod=1 in your GG bitcoin.conf
Activity: 172
Merit: 10
working fine here now
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I'm out, sorry but no blocks appear on the balance someone is betting on a majority of hashing power while refusing others to connect it seems. Or whatever it is, good luck with it.
Hillariously voracious
Lolcust,

Though I hate your blockchain because it moves too fast for my hardware, I gotta say I'm impressed.  You set up a live chain to be tested on, tests have gone on, it's proving itself right away.

I'm so surprised this wasn't done earlier.

Good job.

they do IT IS CALLED TESTNETS. and it is done this way to not damage the coin itself. I'm not sure I want anything to do with a coin that is so accepting to the childish hackers(NOTE I DID NOT CALL THEM SECURITY PROFESSIONALS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT) and actually not only seeks their help but praises them, giving them more confidence and reasons to attack the major networks here that have shit to do with geist gelds.

I have no faith in this, and you think doubleC will put up a exchange after bitcoin express is going arround saying he is going to bring down namecoin?

You reap what you sow and right now yall are sowing shit.

Dude, chillax.

Guy helps me fix/improve Geist - I say "thank you" and put credits in the code comment.

It's that simple.
Hillariously voracious
heinz's addy got copypasted oky.

Hm.
legendary
gDYas4z3eoxvDKYMtZMWFVQcUYDGZzNZwm

Either my copypaste skills have deteriorated due to all the copypasting of code, or your address isn't right (CosicMiner's address got accepted oky so it is unlikely to be a Geist issue)

I guess that's more likely Tongue
Hillariously voracious
gDYas4z3eoxvDKYMtZMWFVQcUYDGZzNZwm

Either my copypaste skills have deteriorated due to all the copypasting of code, or your address isn't right (CosicMiner's address got accepted oky so it is unlikely to be a Geist issue)
Activity: 476
moOo
Lolcust,

Though I hate your blockchain because it moves too fast for my hardware, I gotta say I'm impressed.  You set up a live chain to be tested on, tests have gone on, it's proving itself right away.

I'm so surprised this wasn't done earlier.

Good job.

they do IT IS CALLED TESTNETS. and it is done this way to not damage the coin itself. I'm not sure I want anything to do with a coin that is so accepting to the childish hackers(NOTE I DID NOT CALL THEM SECURITY PROFESSIONALS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT) and actually not only seeks their help but praises them, giving them more confidence and reasons to attack the major networks here that have shit to do with geist gelds.

I have no faith in this, and you think doubleC will put up a exchange after bitcoin express is going arround saying he is going to bring down namecoin?

You reap what you sow and right now yall are sowing shit.
Activity: 172
Merit: 10
cgiminer no go
pheonix no go
poclbm is good.

Odd?
Pages:
Jump to: