Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 11. (Read 85500 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
About 600 BTC has been taken off the bids and I guess moved to Ruxum.
I haven't seen any large withdrawals from the bitparking exchange compared to usual activity.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
My, how...unprofessional. I cannot see what he hoped to gain with that article. Appealing to the lunatic fringe, perhaps? The FBI making Bitcoin, really? Anybody who has issues with Bitcoin would already be using SC, and all this does is push any tentative users away. Couldn't take the professional route, had to go the drama/hype route? Seriously, would have gained a lot more people with 'our tx times are quicker, etc etc' vs. 'the feds invented bitcoin!!!1!'. How many businesses are going to read that article and think "I need to use SC over bitcoin"?? You really can't call yourself the 'bitcoin-killer' until you at least reach parity with bitcoin, and have somewhat more than 5% of the network.

Amazing to think that the 20,000 SC i've mined are going to be fairly worthless, thanks to one high school level post designed to reach out to the tin foil hat base. This does serve to prove that SC is a single man operation, because if 2 or 3 reasonable adults had proofed that article, it never would have been released. Again, very unprofessional in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

The tone of this article is similar to Gaddafi threatening NATO countries one month ago...

Can you feel the fear ? It looks like the end is near for SolidCoin

Sounded like an infomercial.

Interesting facts pointed out. 11% of the bitcoin hashing power went to the solidcoin network for what like 24 hours? 48 hours at most?

The mt. gox hack, mybitcoin.com, and other catastrophies surrounding bitcoin are not in fact problems with bitcoin itself.

There are subtle references to facts that are skewed in favoring solidcoin to make solidcoin look better.

Yes the difficulty algorithm was originally part of solidcoin's source, but as we move forward in an open-source world there are many block chains that could come along and add other features including ones that solidcoin introduced and dilute the market share altogether.

Solidcoin thus far is a success, but how long has it been...what 2 weeks at most?

Give it another 2 months and let's see where things stand.

As you indicated it sure sounds like it could be the end of solidcoin...we'll see.

Your claim that SC is over because of 1 heavy-handed post is so far off...

Did you even read what I wrote? I never claimed the post was going to kill SC it was ThomasV who wrote it. I just said "we'll see".

LOL  Cheesy
I like these heavy handed posts. They bring us publicity, but Coinhunter is going to have to start articulating why his coin is safer/faster/better than Bitcoin. It can't just be "it's better cause it is". 90% of the people on here can't understand the coding, so it would be nice if he could go over everything, and break it down step by step.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

The tone of this article is similar to Gaddafi threatening NATO countries one month ago...

Interesting facts pointed out. 11% of the bitcoin hashing power went to the solidcoin network for what like 24 hours? 48 hours at most?

The mt. gox hack, mybitcoin.com, and other catastrophies surrounding bitcoin are not in fact problems with bitcoin itself.

There are subtle references to facts that are skewed in favoring solidcoin to make solidcoin look better.

Yes the difficulty algorithm was originally part of solidcoin's source, but as we move forward in an open-source world there are many block chains that could come along and add other features including ones that solidcoin introduced and dilute the market share altogether.

Solidcoin thus far is a success, but how long has it been...what 2 weeks at most?

As you indicated it sure sounds like it could be the end of solidcoin...we'll see.

Did you even read what I wrote? I never claimed the post was going to kill SC it was ThomasV who wrote it. I just said "we'll see".

LOL  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

legendary

Activity: 406
Merit: 257
legendary
EDIT: Just because someone missed an opportunity doesnt mean they made a bad call and lost. No one can make every perfect trade as obviously you don't realize given your comment.

Sure but when you make 20 times less than what you could have and then tell people to listen to your "sound judgement" it's a bit rich. The truth is, you don't know much at all about the future and what's going to happen. If you did, you wouldn't have sold for only 30BTC instead of waiting 48 hours and making 600BTC.

And yes, everyone please sell SolidCoins. Over 80% of them are being hoarded, I'd like to buy them cheaper. 0.015 is a good price, it's probably going to be 0 in a few days. Everyone sell!

Once again you missed the fact that magnitude of profit on a single trade is irrelevant to overall outcome in one's profit over a period of time longer than a day. If I make $20,000 on my first day of trading solidcoins but lose $500 per day for the next 365 days, would that be a better scenario?

LOL
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
EDIT: Just because someone missed an opportunity doesnt mean they made a bad call and lost. No one can make every perfect trade as obviously you don't realize given your comment.

Sure but when you make 20 times less than what you could have and then tell people to listen to your "sound judgement" it's a bit rich. The truth is, you don't know much at all about the future and what's going to happen. If you did, you wouldn't have sold for only 30BTC instead of waiting 48 hours and making 600BTC.

And yes, everyone please sell SolidCoins. Over 80% of them are being hoarded, I'd like to buy them cheaper. 0.015 is a good price, it's probably going to be 0 in a few days. Everyone sell!
legendary
Funny thing is that I did not make 205 BTC trading solidcoins for btc back and forth purely based on luck. Also I am not making my predictions purely based on just guessing.

But you used that same brain to sell 25000 coins for 30 BTC when you could have made 600BTC 2 days later?

LOL. Yeah. I'll keep listening.

Hmm so me taking 30 BTC for 12 hours of mining and then turning that into 205 BTC I guess merits nothing right?

Watch the price over the next 10 days.

legendary
Did you see the URL of this forum? "Bitcointalk.org"?
You know why you got attention for you coin in the first place?
Do you realize why your coin ever got where it is now?

Can't wait till I get home to dump those coins on the exchange...

And why do I care exactly? BTC isn't as good as SC and has lots of known issues. If you can't handle that then yes, sell all your SolidCoins and move back to the inferior network.

I'd welcome a lower price.

Everyone sell your solidcoins given that Coinhunter wants a lower price for solidcoins.
 Grin
Funny thing is that I did not make 205 BTC trading solidcoins for btc back and forth purely based on luck. Also I am not making my predictions purely based on just guessing.

But you used that same brain to sell 25000 coins for 30 BTC when you could have made 600BTC 2 days later?

LOL. Yeah. I'll keep listening.
legendary
New article posted, we have had some queries from people wondering about SolidCoin dealing with Bitcoins collapse and the future, so we wrote an article detailing some things. There is also a bounty for promoting it, check it out at the site.

Wow.  I didn't think it was possible, but you seem to be getting more sleazy by the day.

indeed. please do not remove this article; it exposes the true nature and motivation of Coinhunter :-)

Until 10 minutes ago, I loved this coin...

I'm gonna sell all of my 19,212 SolidCoins for Bitcoins.
This totaly sucks.

Do what you think is best. You selling them helps others wanting them. Good luck with your choice.

It is interesting how he is using the term "good luck".

And why do I care exactly? BTC isn't as good as SC and has lots of known issues. If you can't handle that then yes, sell all your SolidCoins and move back to the inferior network.

I'd welcome a lower price.
legendary
My guess is the overall price of solidcoins for the next few weeks will be lower than it is currently.

At the moment there exists 693 BTC worth of bids on bitparking exchange and ixcoins has 251 BTC worth of bids and i0coins have 274 BTC worth of bids.

And this is at the same time when solidcoins are 6 times the price of ixcoins and 10 times the price of i0coins when the total market bids in BTC are about 3 times at most for solidcoins as to ix or i0.

Conclusion: Solidcoin price is overpriced and needs to deflate pushing price downwards in the near term.

About 600 BTC has been taken off the bids and I guess moved to Ruxum. It was at about 1200BTC visible bids earlier. And a lot more not shown according to doublec. But alas who is to say what is overpriced or not, maybe it is and you should sell what you have.

Let's watch and see how the market moves over the next 10 days...  Cheesy

EDIT: I suppose you TOO are just speculating given you used the word "guess" in your response above.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
New article posted, we have had some queries from people wondering about SolidCoin dealing with Bitcoins collapse and the future, so we wrote an article detailing some things. There is also a bounty for promoting it, check it out at the site.

Wow.  I didn't think it was possible, but you seem to be getting more sleazy by the day.

indeed. please do not remove this article; it exposes the true nature and motivation of Coinhunter :-)

This totaly sucks.

Do what you think is best. You selling them helps others wanting them. Good luck with your choice.

My guess is the overall price of solidcoins for the next few weeks will be lower than it is currently.

At the moment there exists 693 BTC worth of bids on bitparking exchange and ixcoins has 251 BTC worth of bids and i0coins have 274 BTC worth of bids.

And this is at the same time when solidcoins are 6 times the price of ixcoins and 10 times the price of i0coins when the total market bids in BTC are about 3 times at most for solidcoins as to ix or i0.

Conclusion: Solidcoin price is overpriced and needs to deflate pushing price downwards in the near term.

About 600 BTC has been taken off the bids and I guess moved to Ruxum. It was at about 1200BTC visible bids earlier. And a lot more not shown according to doublec. But alas who is to say what is overpriced or not, maybe it is and you should sell what you have.

This totaly sucks.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

This totaly sucks.

I don't coinhunter has a problem with Bitcoin technology as whole. I just think he has a problem with the direction the project is going, and for good reasons..

He is free to have problems with anything.
I'm free to turn my back to SolidCoins.
Pages:
Jump to: