Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 32. (Read 238907 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2013, 03:23:43 AM
Gyu's,
I am checking now and then my order status from batch 1. Unfortunately i am not able to open avalon store anymore. I am landing on a blue page saying avalon demo store. Does anyone have an idea how can we open batch 1 store?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 15, 2013, 12:38:36 AM

He took your money and fled.

Not really, they are working their ass off to keep their promise and ship 300 units of batch #1 this month.

So naturally you must know something that the rest of us don't?

Perhaps he recognizes that Avalon is the only company to ship any ASIC products at all? Perhaps he perceives that they've done this in 1/2 the time the "market leader" has been developing their vaporware?

Perhaps.

Speaking of vaporware, how's mining going with the other 298 Avalon units from Batch #1?

I've no idea. I imagine we'll have a clearer picture on those remaining units when their shipping deadline is actually reached.
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
February 14, 2013, 09:54:53 PM
I'm incredibly interested in what'll happen to the network if/when Avalon's bulk of units arrives. Until then though I'm happy with whoever is holding onto those units as it lets my GPUs grind a few more coins Cheesy Information from Avalon would be really nice even as a guy that has no money on the line.
Activity: 420
February 14, 2013, 09:36:14 PM
So Asicminer is in full ramp up 2TH already at BTCGuild. http://www.btcguild.com/halloffame.php, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1527549

Asicminer has effectively beaten Avalon to the punch with widespread deployment.

Now we have to see if BFL will actually beat Avalon (in real world deployment).

Bitsyncom, do you have anymore information about what's happening with customs/shipping??

That's my thoughts on it too.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
February 14, 2013, 09:19:47 PM

Not really, they are working their ass off to keep their promise and ship 300 units of batch #1 this month.

Perhaps he recognizes that Avalon is the only company to ship any ASIC products at all? Perhaps he perceives that they've done this in 1/2 the time the "market leader" has been developing their vaporware?

Perhaps.

Speaking of vaporware, how's mining going with the other 298 Avalon units from Batch #1?

they are waiting on parts batch #2 money just bought it appears.
or sitting in a warehouse because customs decided they looked "odd".
or they are actually 1 day away from delivery!
legendary
Activity: 1064
February 14, 2013, 09:16:53 PM

Perhaps.

February 14, 2013, 08:29:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
February 14, 2013, 05:34:59 PM

I don't know what the rest of you knows Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
February 14, 2013, 05:21:44 PM

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
February 14, 2013, 05:12:26 PM

donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
February 14, 2013, 04:59:49 PM
So Asicminer is in full ramp up 2TH already at BTCGuild. http://www.btcguild.com/halloffame.php, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1527549

Asicminer has effectively beaten Avalon to the punch with widespread deployment.

Bitsyncom, do you have anymore information about what's happening with customs/shipping??

February 14, 2013, 04:53:55 PM
I believe both BFL's and ASICMiner's time tables for deployment have always been ahead of Avalon as was BTCFPGA's timeline until they folded.
Activity: 631
February 14, 2013, 04:12:32 PM

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 14, 2013, 04:03:21 PM
Because they lied and the ASICs are really powerhogging frontends to a FPGA farm somewhere?

lol. Hadn't thought of that.

Very unlikely: it's trivial to detect this by running a network probe to find out if there's traffic with an unexpected host.

I'm still wondering how I could get 2 Icarus boards out of china February the 7th and they couldn't send more than 2x Avalon units though.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
February 14, 2013, 03:23:50 PM
Because they lied and the ASICs are really powerhogging frontends to a FPGA farm somewhere?

lol. Hadn't thought of that.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
February 14, 2013, 10:32:23 AM
BitSyncom, I recall reading where you paid $400 to get Jeff's unit to him.

Can I pay for the same service?  I have $400 in BTC ready to send.

They are shipping 12 a day since Jan 22.. thats roughly 264 sent already.. im sure you will have it in your hands soon.
The never said they were shipping 12 a day in perpetuity. BitSyncom posted a few days after shipping started that they'd been doing 12 a day, so about 40 total. Extrapolating that out, especially through CNY, likely isn't going to be accuate.

If 40 (more than 2) were shipped, why are we not hearing about them?
Because they sent them in a container ship?
Because customs is delaying them?
Because CNY?
Because they lied and have only produced two units?
Because Bitcoin?

I have no idea. I'm just saying, taking the numbers that were given for the first 3 days of production and extrapolating it over a 3 week period that coincides with a major multi week festival isn't likely to be terribly accurate.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Love the Bitcoin.
February 14, 2013, 10:17:55 AM

They are shipping 12 a day since Jan 22.. thats roughly 264 sent already.. im sure you will have it in your hands soon.
The never said they were shipping 12 a day in perpetuity. BitSyncom posted a few days after shipping started that they'd been doing 12 a day, so about 40 total. Extrapolating that out, especially through CNY, likely isn't going to be accuate.

If 40 (more than 2) were shipped, why are we not hearing about them?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
February 14, 2013, 10:13:45 AM

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
February 14, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

That's not what they said actually.
Activity: 658
February 14, 2013, 09:49:57 AM

Seriously, mine with my machines for a few days to pay for shipping, hell if they had been mining since the announcement, you could have paid for a private charter jet for them all and bribed customs on both sides.
Pages:
Jump to: