Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 29. (Read 238907 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

someone didn't check their mail Wink

Nice to hear that BitSyncom:)

However:
1. Would you be so kind with the mail containing tracking number to send us and invoice also. It is very important for me and probably for other folks to have it in hand before handling local custom procedures. It is pain in the ass to deal with customs not having invoice. What about Avalon name printed in the invoice - a word on that will be mostly welcomed
2. About Trade-in batch 2
Why you need to wait for FPGA to land as long we paid full amount already?

One week in advance is a  little bit low. Can you  inform us 2-3 weeks in advance so we can send FPGA to avoid batch 2 shipment delays because of that?
And can you clarify that: Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
I have already paid full amount for batch 2 order. I expect one of two to happen
Get additional ASIC PCB as bonus (pay some extra if needed - Lancelot board is priced at 399) or to get a refund amounting to 399 US at current BTC/USD rate when you got my FPGA in your hands

10X

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC

bonus

Shocked + Grin = Muchas gracias Cool
Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Seems I missed your email too. Finally I got it from spam folder. How strange it is !
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team

+298 +600

--> it's March allready...

Or did you mean that we have to wait until May with this cryptic message in your last letter "May they enjoy the coming delicious crabs." ?

Just give it to us straight... talking in riddles is not everyone's cup of tea. Wink

bonus
legendary
Activity: 892
1 BTC =1 BTC
February ends in about 3 days. BitSyncom, how's the shipping coming along?

Bump. What's going on BitSyncom?

+298 +600

--> it's March allready...

Or did you mean that we have to wait until May with this cryptic message in your last letter "May they enjoy the coming delicious crabs." ?

Just give it to us straight... talking in riddles is not everyone's cup of tea. Wink
Activity: 896
February 26, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

China customs just discovered Bitcoins and are mining like there's no tomorrow...
On the testnet.

You're not fond of conspiracy theories? They could be the mysterious top 4 ozcoin users with shitload of hashing power Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 26, 2013, 07:06:14 PM
Correct, at least none that post here or anywhere else on the Internet.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
February 26, 2013, 06:32:24 PM
Just confirming I haven't missed some thread— have no US customers (beyond the two special units) yet received their batch 1 order?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 26, 2013, 02:38:35 PM

China customs just discovered Bitcoins and are mining like there's no tomorrow...
On the testnet.
Activity: 896
February 26, 2013, 02:21:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
February 26, 2013, 02:01:05 PM

legendary
Activity: 1246
February 25, 2013, 07:19:14 PM
Filling that bottle with cold water could slow down heating of the whole box, too.
\

Or add condensation....... I'd bondo a small angular shunt in there to force the air.... also I'd load that bad boy with some Deltas for fans

I live in Minnesota.  I'd add a thermostatic re-circulating mixer so the input air isn't too cold.
Activity: 507
February 25, 2013, 06:58:15 PM
Filling that bottle with cold water could slow down heating of the whole box, too.
\

Or add condensation....... I'd bondo a small angular shunt in there to force the air.... also I'd load that bad boy with some Deltas for fans
Activity: 631
February 25, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz
February 25, 2013, 12:09:33 PM
what would I do different?

- fully populate the fans, and reverse them, 3 in, 2 out (plus whatever the psu is pushing out) should create positive air pressure inside the case, and you wouldn't have the exhaust from the psu polluting the intake

- use modular PSU - would clean that mess of cables up quite a bit.

couldn't you just turn the fans around to do that?

you could also just change the psu in there.

Exactly. Just buy 3 extra fans, 1000W+ modular PSU, and an extra hashing module... and then you've got Avalon the way it should have been done.

(*and in Avalon's defense, it definitely looks like that was how it was originally planned - I'm very curious to see the 6 module beast they keep hinting at...*)
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
February 23, 2013, 10:34:44 AM

- fully populate the fans, and reverse them, 3 in, 2 out (plus whatever the psu is pushing out) should create positive air pressure inside the case, and you wouldn't have the exhaust from the psu polluting the intake

couldn't you just turn the fans around to do that?

you could also just change the psu in there.
legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz
February 23, 2013, 07:41:27 AM
the more I look at the avalon case design, the more I do not like, I suspect if I ever get one, it will be ripped apart and running naked on the counter with probably 2 fans per module blowing directly into the heatsink...

- fully populate the case, don't design a case for 4 boards and then only fill it with 3.

I think that would be great improvement, and extremely easy to implement.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
February 22, 2013, 05:20:22 PM

Condensation FTW!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
February 22, 2013, 04:12:10 PM
[/quote

until its in operation for about 5 hours, the water is now 50C and not cooled, and starts to actually reduce cooling effects to less than without it.

and its for airflow btw, though I would have used other methods to divert air, such as some  panel or fin
Activity: 658
February 22, 2013, 02:46:30 PM
The best thing would be to add fans at the back and do push/pull and just put in a simple diverter for the air. Of course filling the 4th slot with another module would be ideal.
Pages:
Jump to: