Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships - page 75. (Read 238910 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
January 22, 2013, 01:36:09 PM
So I ordered at the beginning of October, paid on the same day, patiently waited, but now I see that my order has the status "canceled" on the Avalon site.

I've pm'ed BitSyncom with my order and payment details, emailed and opened a support case with Avalon, waited a week, but I haven't heard back anything.  I would really appreciate a confirmation of my order, otherwise I feel like I was scammed out of 111 BTC.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
January 22, 2013, 01:33:32 PM

Took 16 pages to notice! Man, I thought trolls were better and would notice right away!

You are on the right track, treasure is ahead.

p.s. not calling you a troll or anything.

Ha, I try my best not to troll..though I know I slip up from time to time, so no worries there Tongue

And I don't care if it is empty or filled with diamonds. It's just for show to try and appease people...BFL did the same thing (though not as well)...and I get that. We're all going to get our fill of pics and specs once they start arriving on people's doorsteps.

Case is not empty, treasure is real, keep guessing.

it has something to do with this
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 22, 2013, 01:30:44 PM

This surface should not be like a heatsink or failing as a fan? It would be the first in history heatsink smooth.

It's an empty case...

Zoom in and adjust the contrast/brightness on the picture and it becomes clear as day Wink

Took 16 pages to notice! Man, I thought trolls were better and would notice right away!

Ha, I try my best not to troll..though I know I slip up from time to time, so no worries there Tongue

And I don't care if it is empty or filled with diamonds. It's just for show to try and appease people...BFL did the same thing (though not as well)...and I get that. We're all going to get our fill of pics and specs once they start arriving on people's doorsteps.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2013, 01:21:24 PM
Everyone keeps asking where the picture came from... has no one seen this part of Avalon's website yet??
http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

OK, not as pretty as a boxy black render with a shiny Butterfly-Labs logo on it  Grin

If those are 120mm fans, that would make it a bit over 360mm wide, or 14 inches and change.

Should fit nicely in 3u of rack space with some brackets/rails, or maybe 4u.
Avalon ASIC Team
January 22, 2013, 01:14:00 PM

This surface should not be like a heatsink or failing as a fan? It would be the first in history heatsink smooth.

It's an empty case...

Zoom in and adjust the contrast/brightness on the picture and it becomes clear as day Wink

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 22, 2013, 01:05:49 PM

It's an empty case...

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 22, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

What?
aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
January 22, 2013, 01:01:33 PM

Activity: 182
January 22, 2013, 12:43:36 PM
Do you accept credit card for batch 2 or only btc?

Bitcoins only, we've never accepted credit cards.

--> Need to buy miner to get bitcoins---
|                                                      |
 ---Need bitcoins to buy miner <---------

That's gonna mean a lot of people buying bitcoins.

500 x 1499$ = ~ 40k BTC Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 22, 2013, 12:38:24 PM

--> Need to buy miner to get bitcoins---
|                                                      |
 ---Need bitcoins to buy miner <---------

That's gonna mean a lot of people buying bitcoins.
Activity: 182
January 22, 2013, 12:23:14 PM

good decision, no one will be able to chargeback. Look at the bASIC, they would earn much more if no chargeback Wink
Avalon ASIC Team
January 22, 2013, 12:02:18 PM

Activity: 560
January 22, 2013, 11:48:48 AM
Activity: 536
January 22, 2013, 11:33:21 AM
Activity: 242
January 22, 2013, 10:54:12 AM
Wanted to ask - way back when development started, you mentioned the units having some sort of small LCD screen to monitor at a glance your mining status and temperatures. Is that still present or was it dropped during development? Also, I remember you or Zhang saying that you intend to make the units upgrade-able or something (you can insert more ASIC boards in, to boost your hashing power). Is that still the case?
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
January 22, 2013, 10:50:46 AM
I understand CNY (Chineese New Year holiday) is taking place from 10 feb until 25 feb this year.

Since you started shipping yesterday, it's 3 weeks until CNY starts.

(Just posting this for my own records, please correct if wrong.)

Good luck with the new site !

And as indicated before and customs, these are two factors we were unable to control. I've also stated this in our development thread, over a month ago.

Ok clear, thanks.
Avalon ASIC Team
January 22, 2013, 10:46:59 AM
I understand CNY (Chineese New Year holiday) is taking place from 10 feb until 25 feb this year.

And as indicated before and customs, these are two factors we were unable to control. I've also stated this in our development thread, over a month ago.
donator
Activity: 980
January 22, 2013, 10:11:37 AM
Everyone keeps asking where the picture came from... has no one seen this part of Avalon's website yet??
http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

OK, not as pretty as a boxy black render with a shiny Butterfly-Labs logo on it  Grin
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
January 22, 2013, 09:55:03 AM

I got this from the Avalon faq.
In the first sentence you wrote shipping 300 units will take 2 weeks, conservative estimated.

But right after this the promise to ship all before the end of Feb.

The difference is more than a month.

Can you be more clear about this ?

CNY.

we said about this the day we announced this project back in september, 2012. too much trolling has lost valuable information, and fast pace development cycle has cause the neglect of websites as well, I'll be retiring that FAQ section in the one on the new site, which will be up to date. http://launch.avalon-asics.com

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
January 22, 2013, 09:40:49 AM
I'm waiting for Jeff's review and nothing else. That'll be the conclusive proof that Avalon isn't a flop.
Pages:
Jump to: