Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Butterfly Labs - page 8. (Read 64417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
October 23, 2012, 03:52:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 23, 2012, 03:06:43 PM
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2012, 08:16:49 PM
I tried to put in an order and I selected BTC as the payment option but there is no information on where I should send the coins. When I submitted the form the page changed to some blog post which is supposed to have a few pictures of the chips but only one of the pictures was working.

Then I get an email saying "Feel free to try again if you'd rather pay with Bitcoins, but remember you have 15 minutes to do so on the website."

Can anyone help me out?

just start over from the beginning.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
October 03, 2012, 05:40:55 PM
I tried to put in an order and I selected BTC as the payment option but there is no information on where I should send the coins. When I submitted the form the page changed to some blog post which is supposed to have a few pictures of the chips but only one of the pictures was working.

Then I get an email saying "Feel free to try again if you'd rather pay with Bitcoins, but remember you have 15 minutes to do so on the website."

Can anyone help me out?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
October 03, 2012, 04:59:38 PM
BFL_Josh Stated :

These devices are far more heat tolerant than the FPGAs... we haven't done any maximum tests. 90F ambient isn't out of the realm of reality though.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/6-What-is-EasyMiner/page3

Which is good news for me too.Here in Florida,keeping a house or even a room @ 72F would be rather costly.

I keep my house/room @ 78-80F.

My BFL FPGA Single can only get to 760 mh/s on the lowest firmware due this drawback  Sad

I guess you don't need the devices to heat up your house Smiley

Cheesy Not even in the dead of winter  Cheesy

I am sooo looking forward to ASIC's,you have no idea  Cool
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
October 03, 2012, 04:23:14 PM
BFL_Josh Stated :

These devices are far more heat tolerant than the FPGAs... we haven't done any maximum tests. 90F ambient isn't out of the realm of reality though.

Which is good news for me too.Here in Florida,keeping a house or even a room @ 72F would be rather costly.

My BFL FPGA Single can only get to 760 mh/s on the lowest firmware due this drawback  Sad

Even with my full migration from GPU to FPGA, my study still gets nice and toasty compared to the rest of the house.  However, I'm producing about 3x the hashes for a given heat level.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
October 03, 2012, 03:51:01 PM
BFL_Josh Stated :

legendary
October 03, 2012, 03:55:10 AM
BFL_Josh Stated :

Activity: 227
October 03, 2012, 03:51:41 AM
Does the Single SC come with different firmware related with the room temperature and speed?

Actually I'm running a Single with a room temperature of 30C with Firmware - 832 MH/s never throttling.

I'm living in a very hot country and I wonder how the Single Sc I ordered will work with 30C and if there will be firmwares to adapt the SC to different temperatures.

Best,

ChiangYay

Hello Chiang,

The SC will not be sensitive to temperature. Of course, it is recommended to run electronic devices in cool area, as statistically
it prolongs their life-span.

Regards,
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
October 03, 2012, 03:36:27 AM
Does the Single SC come with different firmware related with the room temperature and speed?

Actually I'm running a Single with a room temperature of 30C with Firmware - 832 MH/s never throttling.

I'm living in a very hot country and I wonder how the Single Sc I ordered will work with 30C and if there will be firmwares to adapt the SC to different temperatures.

Best,

ChiangYay
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
October 02, 2012, 07:36:21 AM
Well I for one am getting excited.  only weeks to go until I get my 60GH rig Smiley  It'll make my GPU mining rigs look weak.   
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
October 01, 2012, 09:09:43 PM
maybe, due to being first, they were the only game in town to buy asic gear. therefore I (us/we/whatever) were concerned
with their lack of openness, sketchy high ranking employee, preorder nonsense due to not having money to make the gear in
the first ?place?, etc...
No, the preorder nonsense actually has an obvious meaning.
They said they already had a financial backer.

They most likely got the backer on the basis of getting a large amount of preorder money - which they could claim they could get due to the monopoly everyone thought they had at the time - and the backer saw that as a good risk reduction.

Just my guess Tongue
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
October 01, 2012, 07:13:32 PM
As you all know I loathe BFL.
Yes, we've been well aware of that for some time...

I, however, love BFL.  I need to remember to send Sonny something for Christmas.  He's awesome.
legendary
October 01, 2012, 04:23:49 PM
I think mem ran out of his meds last week  Shocked Cheesy

Let me know what you need mem,I'll start a collection from the guys here & hit SR for ya  Wink

FREE SHIPPING

Haha awesome. I never thought of using Bitcoin to fix Mem!  That's a fine plan you've devised!

The best part is?? I mined them on BFL Singles   Shocked Cheesy Cool
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2012, 03:32:28 PM

EVERYONE complaining about ceo this, and bfl not disclosing bla bla  bla.

PLEASE get a refund and cancel your order.  move on.. 

everyone please cancel your order....

it will make some of us very happy Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2072
October 01, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
I totally agree. If you are not a customer, you have no standing. It seems strange to demand consumer assurances for a product that you don't use, purchase or intend to purchase. I don't use a Blackberry, nor do I ever intend to. I would like to open an investigation as to why they are no longer #1 because it angers me and I do not have sufficient things to occupy my time...

You're confusing criminal and civil law.

I was not serious of course, I was just agreeing that it is strange that people are so adamant to pursue BFL about a supposed wrong, when they are not even customers. If it will make you feel better about my attempt at irony - I want to pursue Blackberry, because it is my baseless opinion that people must be embezzling money as there is no other explanation for their bad performance in the market  - even though I am not a customer nor ever intend to be one, because I have nothing constructive to do with my time.

sheesh

maybe, due to being first, they were the only game in town to buy asic gear. therefore I (us/we/whatever) were concerned
with their lack of openness, sketchy high ranking employee, preorder nonsense due to not having money to make the gear in
the first ?place?, etc...

but now with other companies making asic gear.. eh.. they are no longer "special". they are the fpga company that shipped really
really late that appears to be on track to do it again.
Activity: 630
October 01, 2012, 01:23:06 PM
I totally agree. If you are not a customer, you have no standing. It seems strange to demand consumer assurances for a product that you don't use, purchase or intend to purchase. I don't use a Blackberry, nor do I ever intend to. I would like to open an investigation as to why they are no longer #1 because it angers me and I do not have sufficient things to occupy my time...

I was not serious of course, I was just agreeing that it is strange that people are so adamant to pursue BFL about a supposed wrong, when they are not even customers. If it will make you feel better about my attempt at irony - I want to pursue Blackberry, because it is my baseless opinion that people must be embezzling money as there is no other explanation for their bad performance in the market  - even though I am not a customer nor ever intend to be one, because I have nothing constructive to do with my time.

sheesh
donator
October 01, 2012, 01:17:30 PM

donator
October 01, 2012, 01:16:15 PM
I encourage every concerned USA citizen to log a query with Sonnys parole officer
Can you explain why you want people to do this? Even on parole, a person has to have a job. In order to make enough money to paid it's employees, the company(that said person on parole works for) has to sell something. He works for a company that sells stuff, and you want me to report this (company's) sale of goods to his(the employee's) parole officer? Why?

I thought he was (or was previously, that's never been clarified) on probation, not parole.  Very different things.

As I read the documents, Sonny was on probation after his prison sentence, which a) imposed a number of restrictions, and b) had "early" termination conditions related to some sort of financial amends.

It is completely possible1 that Sonny is no longer under any punitive measures at the present time.

1. I will say this seems unlikely because it would seem probable that BFL would disclose this.
Activity: 630
October 01, 2012, 12:54:50 PM
I encourage every concerned USA citizen to log a query with Sonnys parole officer
Can you explain why you want people to do this? Even on parole, a person has to have a job. In order to make enough money to paid it's employees, the company(that said person on parole works for) has to sell something. He works for a company that sells stuff, and you want me to report this (company's) sale of goods to his(the employee's) parole officer? Why?

To be very clear this is not a witch hunt, this is simply someone picking up the damn phone and getting answers after seeing all other avenues exhausted.
I have grave concerns about BFL despite not being a customer, so to alleviate these concerns I shall follow up them up with the neccesary goverment agencies that deal with these things.

I hope this can provide a conclusion to the the questions, it is most likely that I will simply get to log my concern etc (if at all possible as a non US citizen) with the deparments that handle fraud investigations and what ever consumer protection agencies America - I expect it to be an interesting learning exercise if nothing else.

As a community we have beaten this drama up for far to long when (just like with pirate) before seeking the correct assistance from the government bodies that are there to assist and protect us as consumers and as a community.

I shall report back all / any information I recieve and am legally allowed to share here, even if it is a boring but relieving "Nothing of interest or note regarding BFL and its employees activites".

lol, you're a funny guy. It seems to me you must have some kind of problems with yourself if you have urge to go to goverment to help you against a company that you're not even buying from. Get a life buddy

Pages:
Jump to: