Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Butterfly Labs - page 12. (Read 64445 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 23, 2012, 09:16:15 PM
Contrary to what the public records seem to indicate, he's not the CEO of BFL - Sonny Chris Vleisides is not the CEO, Chris Vleisides (his stepfather) is the President (as opposed to his natural father, James Ray Houston, who was listed on the indictment) and Nasser Ghoseiri is the CEO - the confusion is understandable what with all the similar names, step and biological fathers and BFL's seeming hatred of titles. Sonny is an upper-level executive within the company, but he's not the absolute head, nor is is stepfather.

I'm an idiot. Would somebody explain to me exactly who is who and who is CEO of what as it's stated above?

I just now got to question and answer #86 of this in-depth interview.

Full disclosure: I'm long on Alpaca Wool INC (ALWO).

~Bruno~
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
September 23, 2012, 08:26:00 PM
That was a nice ad.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
September 23, 2012, 08:03:06 PM
That was a pretty lame interview.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 23, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/

Finally! An interview. Caution: Very long. The author asked many questions and Sonny answered them all. Upon a first read through, it seems all is well and we can move beyond this BFL issue--NOT!

~Bruno~

That's better.
legendary
September 23, 2012, 07:31:14 PM

Looking at that pic BFL are so going to get sued! Apple doesn't care what the device does. No one is allowed to think like them. Tongue

BFL won't get sued just and here is why, look at all the vast number of other devices on the market that look like apple stuff and are not apple.  There are hundreds of examples of the same look and feel but don't operate at all like the device it is copying.  Now if this BFL device will mine coins, warm coffee and do entertainment through my TV then they might have an issue.

This post defines BitcoinTalk for me.

Joke posted, reposted, taken seriously, argued, investigation ensues, Facebook images of kids are posted, a dozen new threads are started on the subject, users get banned.

FTFU

http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/

Finally! An interview. Caution: Very long. The author asked many questions and Sonny answered them all. Upon a first read through, it seems all is well and we can move beyond this BFL issue--NOT!

~Bruno~
Activity: 364
September 23, 2012, 04:21:51 PM

Looking at that pic BFL are so going to get sued! Apple doesn't care what the device does. No one is allowed to think like them. Tongue

BFL won't get sued just and here is why, look at all the vast number of other devices on the market that look like apple stuff and are not apple.  There are hundreds of examples of the same look and feel but don't operate at all like the device it is copying.  Now if this BFL device will mine coins, warm coffee and do entertainment through my TV then they might have an issue.

This post defines BitcoinTalk for me.

Joke posted, reposted, taken seriously, argued.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Activity: 386
September 23, 2012, 02:05:15 PM

Activity: 386
September 23, 2012, 02:02:40 PM
Probably a joke..
They aren't quantum boxes he is holding. They are a technology developed for a space project. Called a Bloom Box. It produces energy rather than mining.

Google and a few other companies have been using them to produce cheap electricity.

Ref: http://onlygizmos.com/the-bloom-box-green-energy-for-the-future-video/2010/02/

Theres a 60 minutes video on it at the link above.

This might be useful to miners (in terms of cheap electricity) in the future.

It is only useful if you can afford a box.  The company leases their equipment and the cost is huge but yes it is the bloom box cell he is holding in each hand. 
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
September 23, 2012, 01:36:01 PM
Probably a joke..
They aren't quantum boxes he is holding. They are a technology developed for a space project. Called a Bloom Box. It produces energy rather than mining.

Google and a few other companies have been using them to produce cheap electricity.

Ref: http://onlygizmos.com/the-bloom-box-green-energy-for-the-future-video/2010/02/

Theres a 60 minutes video on it at the link above.

This might be useful to miners (in terms of cheap electricity) in the future.
Activity: 406
LTC
September 23, 2012, 11:35:58 AM
Probably a joke..
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
September 23, 2012, 11:05:21 AM
And what are you basing that off of? Apple vs Samsung, I'm assuming? A phone manufacturer that makes phones to look like another phone manufacturer. Comparing a phone to a phone is totally different than a cryptographic hashing unit to a TV media streamer. They're allowed to look similar.

Very good point!

I'm Nihiro Patel. Pictured are two QMB2013 (Quantum Mining Box(es)) to be released next year, but we are currently taking pre-orders now.

Regards kind,

Nihiro K
BF Labs_Nihiro

WTF?
September 23, 2012, 10:23:11 AM
And what are you basing that off of? Apple vs Samsung, I'm assuming? A phone manufacturer that makes phones to look like another phone manufacturer. Comparing a phone to a phone is totally different than a cryptographic hashing unit to a TV media streamer. They're allowed to look similar.

Apple has sued a polish grocery store for having an apple in their logo. Apple has sued the City of New York for calling itself Big Apple.

They are going to sue for a look-a-like tech gadget.
legendary
September 23, 2012, 09:44:41 AM

Very good point!

I'm Nihiro Patel. Pictured are two QMB2013 (Quantum Mining Box(es)) to be released next year, but we are currently taking pre-orders now.

Regards kind,

Nihiro K
BF Labs_Nihiro
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
September 23, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
I hope the Judge thinks the same as you when apple brings this to court Smiley haha stupid apple.....
legendary
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2012, 09:34:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
September 23, 2012, 09:22:56 AM

September 23, 2012, 04:58:52 AM
BFL is going to get sued for having "A box with rounded corners," which Apple no doubt has a patent on  Tongue

That is indeed highly possible.
legendary
September 23, 2012, 12:33:49 AM
BFL is going to get sued for having "A box with rounded corners," which Apple no doubt has a patent on  Tongue

I was on the road a while back and listened to a whole segment on NPR about that very same subject.

New BOC song: Steve Jobs Has Risen from the Grave

(humor based on what i've read on this forum, for i have no proof that that is really steve jobs)

~Bruno~
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
September 22, 2012, 09:20:07 PM
lol
Pages:
Jump to: