Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 20. (Read 309890 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I'm a little bit confused, how should I pay for the upcoming event?

ticket sale has not started yet.  Cry

when ticket sale opens we will let you know.

Ahjo,

I saw that the counter has finished, but nothing to send you the BTC which you definitly earn Wink.
Then I will wait a little bit longer, for me it doesn't matter, the main thing is to be aboard.
Greetz stefan
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

ticket sale has not started yet.  Cry

when ticket sales starts you will be able to purchase your ticket via the website https://btc1k.com/

bits-of-proof is implementing the ticket payment right now. we thought it could go online today, but some bug is preventing us from opening sales right now. this is the first time in history of bitcoin that a coloured coin implementation is set up for a real-life payment system. this is a new technical frontier and testing takes some days longer than expected.

tamas blummer from bits-of-proof and his team are working on it full steam, they are even working with the core dev team to get it done. Shocked

here is the post from tamas (grau) explaining what to expect: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3797420

i have seen some of the testing and i was amazed.

you have every reason to be confused since we had to postpone the ticket sale once before. we apologize for the inconvenience. on the other hand, postponing sales does not really hurt anyone, except ourselves.

when ticket sale opens we will let you know.

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
that's coincedental - I was just planning on going to germany on holiday soon anyway Cheesy
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
I will suggest to cheech300 and bulleric that we change the trigger from 5 days above 1000 to 30 days. 2weiX did suggest this and it appears sane to me. what do you think?
+1
Activity: 376
Merit: 312
Can you say... nighty-night?
Now we can finally take a breather and plan this party properly. Should we still aim for Spring then?

Wink
this party thing is a sort of hedge vs high btc price...
Spring would be lovely. I will suggest to cheech300 and bulleric that we change the trigger from 5 days above 1000 to 30 days. 2weiX did suggest this and it appears sane to me. what do you think?

C H E A P  T I C K E T S  N O W !!!

That's a good idea. It would be sad if we celebrated 1k party while btc is below 1k.
legendary
Now we can finally take a breather and plan this party properly. Should we still aim for Spring then?

Wink
this party thing is a sort of hedge vs high btc price...
Spring would be lovely. I will suggest to cheech300 and bulleric that we change the trigger from 5 days above 1000 to 30 days. 2weiX did suggest this and it appears sane to me. what do you think?

C H E A P  T I C K E T S  N O W !!!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
so BTC's crashed down to as low as $680 at this point.. i guess the parade has been rained on? i don't think it kept above $1,000 for more than 5 days. if it keeps dropping, i'm not sure if people would be in the mood to get drunk and party.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Vertrau in Gott
Inaba aint coming? Thats so sad. Lots of people would LOVE to meet him in person!

GO INVITE EM
legendary
Why not just fire the rockets at the bank buildings themselves? That would make our point a lot more obvious and blunt  Tongue

sounds ok to me. Cool

on the other hand: the banks arrogantly scam themselves into oblivion anyway. we can just watch and eat popcorn. maybe we should put a a giant display counting banks that go bancrupt...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
If I went to this 1K BTC party, I would totally wear a shirt saying "mBTC is for wimps".
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
Thanks, we don't need the GSG9 on this party as well.  Angry

Apparently they engage for much less severe causes these days.
legendary
Why not just fire the rockets at the bank buildings themselves? That would make our point a lot more obvious and blunt  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
I dont quite understand why you quoted me or why you think im part of this, but congrats on your crescendo. Wink

Quoted for the pictorial awesomeness and general it-bears-repeatingness of your post.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
I dont quite understand why you quoted me or why you think im part of this, but congrats on your crescendo. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
or projecting the Bitcoin symbol into the sky with a big lightbeam.

oh god please make this happen

This would be amazing indeed!
Unfortunately thats not possible, first you would need extremely low hanging clouds(preferably flat Wink ), then the image would be blurry and most importantly only recognizable from 1 position.
Projecting it on some skyscrapers would be much more effective, preferably from a construction(like a crane) on the building itself.
But then again you have the problem of permits, which Germans are a huge fan off.

You can always do it old school and hack a building to play around with the lights:

You have thrown megabashes before yes?  Please tell me this isn't your first rodeo...

First you do the fireworks, start small, build to a crescendo, timed with the suitable music.  Build... build....  then finale!  Everyone is overwhelmed by the display, It ends with a big bone-rattling finish, and silence...  Into that sense of overwhelming awe and onto the layer of high smoke from all of this explosions, you project the B in silence, in all its glory, standing alone for all to see...  

The symbolism will rest in the subconscious off all who bear witness, that after the struggle and the currency wars, after the tumult and the strife, there will be peace...and bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
Great! Let's postpone the party until the weather gets warm again Smiley
legendary
Thank you, China, for being so considerate of our needs to plan this properly.
Pages:
Jump to: