Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 6. (Read 309890 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
tl;dr

Will there ever be a party?
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
first thing we did is to order coke for all 1000 attendants. now with the party being cancelled, we have to live with the consequences...  Cool

oh, you didn't mean the beverages Huh
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Honestly, I don't care much what the official reason for the party will be, as long as it's a party and it's excessive! ;-)

Ente

the excessive part we took care of long ago. first thing we did is to order coke for all 1000 attendants. now with the party being cancelled, we have to live with the consequences...  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Honestly, I don't care much what the official reason for the party will be, as long as it's a party and it's excessive! ;-)

Ente
legendary
Maybe we should have a "Remember when bitcoin was $1,000?" nostalgia party

Now that is a good idea!  Cheesy   600watt?

As soon as planing starts bitcoin will rise above 1000$ again  Wink

that's the spirit !    Cool
Activity: 964
Merit: 509

As soon as planing starts bitcoin will rise above 1000$ again  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
legendary
thank you for your support. we did not expect that so many of you would leave us some percentage or even the entire amount to cover costs. i´ll have the stats ready in a few days.

we plan to start the refunding by 15th of november. originally it was planned to get this done by the end of october, please excuse the delay. the delay is due problems with different versions of java when accessing the multisig implementation. the funds are still here:

https://blockchain.info/de/address/3NaGPeYAZztGnyUjDrkA4VmvMngRF12cF3

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
please send us a note & answer the following:

A) send back my bitcoin to the paper wallet = btc1k ticket (be sure you still have it) &  keep yx % to cover costs

A) send back my bitcoin to the paper wallet = btc1k ticket (be sure you still have it) &  keep 50 % to cover costs

I confirmed I have the paper wallet and imported it into mycelium.

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
I would be willing to pay a small share of the expenses, say 10% of the ticket price (by ways of only receiving back 90% to the paper wallet), so you don't have to carry that financial loss all alone. Maybe others will chime in?
I wouldn't mind.
OTOH, what I'd rather love to see is funding another project of some kind with the money.
Maybe we could at least fund a decent little gathering / conference for Bitcoin-beginners with it?
Not a fancy big party, but just a small hang-out at a decent hotel (with a Spa) Wink
That's something I've wanted to see for a long time.
All those business-like conferences for the "Pros" are beginning to bore me Roll Eyes

And that's something the team could could probably organize with minimal effort, just to make up for the missed opportunity of getting completely wasted! Shocked

havent noticed this when you posted it. i like the idea, though. what do you guys think ?

I think you should do it.
Davad Latapie manages the Bitcoin Castle in Estonia.  You should contact him.  It's purpose is for such things as this, and is very fit for the purpose.
legendary
I would be willing to pay a small share of the expenses, say 10% of the ticket price (by ways of only receiving back 90% to the paper wallet), so you don't have to carry that financial loss all alone. Maybe others will chime in?
I wouldn't mind.
OTOH, what I'd rather love to see is funding another project of some kind with the money.
Maybe we could at least fund a decent little gathering / conference for Bitcoin-beginners with it?
Not a fancy big party, but just a small hang-out at a decent hotel (with a Spa) Wink
All those business-like conferences for the "Pros" are beginning to bore me Roll Eyes

And that's something the team could could probably organize with minimal effort, just to make up for the missed opportunity of getting completely wasted! Shocked

havent noticed this when you posted it. i like the idea, though. what do you guys think ?
legendary
 Cry

dear party animals,

the btc1k party is cancelled and we would like to send the btc back to you. we can send them back to the paper wallet, that you have printed as the party ticket. if you do not wish that we send them there, please foreward us a bitcoin adress.

you can do this via pm or via this forum thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-1k-party-attendants-list-368601

we developed the btc1k party at our own risk and will not complain if we have to eat the expenses. (not to mention the time spent on the project - which was exiting and it was fun, but it was a lot of time). we had to cover expenses of about 5000,- €, you can support us by telling us which fraction of your bitcoin(s) you want to donate towards the orga team.

again, we still believe btc will go back over $ 1000,- and we are sure there will be some kind of party, but the btc1k party as we imagined may not happen.

please send us a note & answer the following:

A) send back my bitcoin to the paper wallet = btc1k ticket (be sure you still have it) &  keep yx % to cover costs

B) send back my bitcoin not to the paper wallet but to the following adress: ________________ & keep yx % to cover costs

C) you can keep the coin, thank you

thanks to everyone for all your helpful and fun comments and suggestions. thanks for the support. thanks for the fun. btc community rocks.

your btc1k orga team

600watt, cheech300, bulleric

Kiss
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
David Latapie is now hotel manager there. If you want to host a party, contact him. There are currently no retreats or other events fixed, so just pick a date.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

Grin
Takes Bitcoin, Has Spa:

There are events planned about once a month, more frequently in spring and summer.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2014-malla-autumn-retreat-estonia-sept-23-28-711069
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1309

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Yeah, I'm in too.
Maybe this helps as motivation for a regular excessive Bitcoinparty, huh?  Wink

Ente
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
I wouldn't mind.

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
I didn't buy a ticket, so I cannot contribute via refund reduction, but I'll join a "Don't let 600w sit on the expenses alone" fundraiser once refunds are on the way.

oda.krell, you're a good ... unh ... unidonkorn.

I'll chip in too.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: