Pages:
Author

Topic: {ANNOUNCEMENT} WBX Exchange Frozen - page 16. (Read 45349 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
April 22, 2012, 04:53:05 PM
[...] the deal is 50/50.  i.e. you get back half of what you are owed, and the other half (if recovered) goes to offset costs [...]

What if you only recover 50% of what is owed?  Do you get it all, or is anything you get back split 50/50?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
April 22, 2012, 04:48:31 PM
Update: I decided during the weekend I would like another house.  Although I am unlikely to get it, Mr Jensen is unlikely to have it either.

As this is one of the few places where information is able to be exchanged, I provide the following:

I will be taking legal action against Andre Jensen.  This may range from simple debt collection, dealing with his bankers, ASIC (including financial services division), through to a simple bankruptcy proceedings.  One of the positive things about having money is being able to spend some in pursuit of some justice.

However, as this course of action is not available to all of the people that have money tied up with Mr Jensen (due to cost) if you wish to join the deal is 50/50.  i.e. you get back half of what you are owed, and the other half (if recovered) goes to offset costs.   You can pm me with basic details (an email account, and value currently owed).
April 20, 2012, 01:03:39 AM
Yes - I paid for two things today - the ASIC search, and $4 for a PPSR search that turned up nothing.  Doing some other things today before I do some more tracking, and pin an address on the claim I'm going to make.  If I can get enough, I might be able to simply sell it to a collection agency, otherwise I'll be heading to (probably) Melbourne or maybe to the Gold Coast and the disputes tribunal.  By June I think my brother will be back in Brisbane, and sure he'd like an easy grand making a debt collection visit.

I think it's pretty clear (or should have been) that taking action against the company is incorrect - it's a personal activity.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
April 20, 2012, 12:56:57 AM
?? donation address ??

Lol to you Patrick...

I'm guessing some of the info you've found and shared you had to pay for?
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
April 19, 2012, 08:36:29 PM
?? donation address ??
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
April 19, 2012, 08:28:22 PM

Date of birth and full name (two hits):

17038302   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978     NEW ZEALAND   
18352632   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978    RAETIHI NEW ZEALAND

I have also paid for the ASIC company extract so have several addresses (in Victoria) to cross-reference and have done a PPSR search on Mr Jensen.

Good work. Donation address?
April 19, 2012, 05:53:20 PM

Date of birth and full name (two hits):

17038302   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978     NEW ZEALAND   
18352632   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978    RAETIHI NEW ZEALAND

I have also paid for the ASIC company extract so have several addresses (in Victoria) to cross-reference and have done a PPSR search on Mr Jensen.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2012, 05:35:56 PM
I dunno, I figured all the shouting and hand waving from defrauded users that want to chase Andre with pitchforks was enough.  Roll Eyes

yeah i figured that might be enough for some people, but i was talking about actual proof.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
April 19, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
I believe that it's worth taking action against Andre ... because doing so will restrict his ability to operate another business for a while and make him subject to penalties if he leaves the country without permission.

how lovely... glad i'm out... coz i wouldn't even do that to an enemy.

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

There's little point in people going to the trouble of obtaining judgements against Andre if they're not going to enforce those orders.

perhaps, but in my mind restricting movement is a bit immoral without any proof of wrong-doing.

No proof?

oh, i haven't seen any. apologies if there has been some.

I dunno, I figured all the shouting and hand waving from defrauded users that want to chase Andre with pitchforks was enough.  Roll Eyes
April 19, 2012, 11:27:47 AM
I believe that it's worth taking action against Andre ... because doing so will restrict his ability to operate another business for a while and make him subject to penalties if he leaves the country without permission.

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

There's little point in people going to the trouble of obtaining judgements against Andre if they're not going to enforce those orders.

perhaps, but in my mind restricting movement is a bit immoral without any proof of wrong-doing.

No proof?

oh, i haven't seen any. apologies if there has been some.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
April 19, 2012, 11:23:55 AM

No proof?
April 19, 2012, 05:07:37 AM

April 19, 2012, 04:06:09 AM
It's a few bucks, and I know someone who can do it for me - I'll hunt some details.

(also watching to see my case in NSW hit the web - as far as I know papers were filed last week)
Activity: 868
April 19, 2012, 02:55:37 AM

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

April 19, 2012, 02:38:12 AM

April 19, 2012, 02:32:23 AM
Any ideas of the fees? Would it work out any cheaper than just getting the ASIC reports directly?

This is the one I was originally thinking of.  It's $41.90 for the ASIC documents plus a report on any credit defaults.  It's cheaper to obtain the ASIC documents yourself, but you won't be able to get a credit report without using one of the credit reporting services and some of them only cater to subscribed members and don't do one-off searches..

https://creditorwatch.com.au/express/asic/organisation/131700779

One you have the full names and dates of birth of the directors, it's possible to get other reports done.
April 19, 2012, 01:52:58 AM
Any ideas of the fees? Would it work out any cheaper than just getting the ASIC reports directly?
April 19, 2012, 01:24:04 AM
I just got off the phone with QCAT. Debt claims to be heard by the court cannot be grouped. Each applicant needs to lodge their own claim. If the business is not registered, documents will be served on the individual. Otherwise, they are served to the registered business address.

QCAT application fees:

Applications or referrals under:               Application fee       Appeal fee
Not more than $500, or no amount claimed       $21                   $260
More than $500 but no more than $1,000         $53                   $260
More than $1,000 but no more than $10,000      $95                   $260
More than $10,000                              $265                  $530/font]

They can be grouped after judgement if you collectively want to force someone into bankruptcy though.  Andre doesn't seem to be registered as a sole trader (he's not required to be if he's trading under his own name).  As the last known address was the registered address for HWNP, I'm not sure whether service to that address would be regarded as valid as the company is no longer a legal entity and people are proposing to claim against Andre personally, not the company.

I really don't see this ending with anything other than insolvency proceedings.  WBX are unlikely to be Andre's only creditors and it's highly likely that other creditors will seek to obtain judgements and enforcement orders.  I believe that it's worth taking action against Andre even if there's little prospect of any financial return because doing so will restrict his ability to operate another business for a while and make him subject to penalties if he leaves the country without permission.

I don't think can easily be done without Andre's consent.

I know that at least one of the companies which does searches of the National Personal Insolvency Index offers a credit report for an additional fee.  They'll get you copies of all ASIC documents as well.  I'll try to track down which one does it.  As they're credit reporting agencies in their own right, they can obtain the information.

This place does it but it's not the one I was thinking of.  Obviously, it would be advantageous to know who the other directors were and their current credit worthiness.

http://www.credisearch.com.au/html/credit_reports.html

Here's another.

http://www.pacbis.com.au/businessreporting.html
April 19, 2012, 12:55:03 AM
I just got off the phone with QCAT. Debt claims to be heard by the court cannot be grouped. Each applicant needs to lodge their own claim. If the business is not registered, documents will be served on the individual. Otherwise, they are served to the registered business address.

QCAT application fees:

Applications or referrals under:               Application fee       Appeal fee
Not more than $500, or no amount claimed       $21                   $260
More than $500 but no more than $1,000         $53                   $260
More than $1,000 but no more than $10,000      $95                   $260
More than $10,000                              $265                  $530/font]
Pages:
Jump to: