Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 2. (Read 15621 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 50
Any updates on the new version of the Apollo?

Not yet, had to do a lot of board level redesigns on prototypes but making progress towards production version

Can you update us regularly with pics and specs

What nm tech node will it have
T'\hash viz wattage?
etc
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

Not yet, had to do a lot of board level redesigns on prototypes but making progress towards production version
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Activity: 952
Merit: 938
~snip~
This is why we haven't pushed all the software updates I wanted to get out last year....we decided halfway through the process that the Apollo UI (now 5 years old) is way outdated for the upgrades we were building and decided to scrap the whole project and rewrite from scratch. It will take longer but the upgrade will be worth it!

This is great news.

By the way, I remember you posted a long time ago that if the sales of the Apollo went well you would consider open sourcing the miner software.

Is there any possibility of having an open source version of the Apollo miner?, maybe using cgminer?
Activity: 19
Merit: 3

Apollo 2 teaser on Twitter.
I was hoping for more info on the forum

Yep, keen as to see more details on this!

Will drop the info here and email subscribers first....really excited for this one feels like 8 years of work finally manifesting into the device I always dreamed of making!

FYI have lots of DMs about current Apollo Gen 1 owners and recent buyers...dont worry all Apollo Gen 1 owners will get significant discounts (we always sell our first Batch pre-orders at cost to current customers), and you'll be able to plug the upgrade directly to the current unit (controller and software updates will be the same for Gen1/2).

Oh and here is another teaser just for you guys  Grin

https://i.ibb.co/NFJy0NN/Screenshot-2022-12-11-at-10-25-31.png

This is why we haven't pushed all the software updates I wanted to get out last year....we decided halfway through the process that the Apollo UI (now 5 years old) is way outdated for the upgrades we were building and decided to scrap the whole project and rewrite from scratch. It will take longer but the upgrade will be worth it!

Great to see a gen 2 coming, guessing gen 1 sold pretty well Smiley
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Keeping cost down means , NO AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT FROM FUTUREBIT

They were great with after purchase support when I dealt with them.

just wait once ure warranty is over and they go to the next gen model, and something goes wrong , then let me know

Well in my case my warranty was actually over and they were still incredibly helpful.  Huh
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

just wait once ure warranty is over and they go to the next gen model, and something goes wrong , then let me know

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
That looks tasty! When you say you'll be able to plug the upgrade directly into the current unit, does that mean we can remove the current mining ASIC's from the gen 1 and swap in the gen 2 hardware or it will be a add on device connected via USB like the Apollos without a controller?
To me it sounds like a gen2 standard unit can be plugged (through USB) into a gen1 controller / full unit.
But I personally hope that it is possible to swap out just the hashboard and keep the housing, controller, fan, everything, from the gen1.

This would also allow people to maybe build their own housing and cooling solution. E.g. you could get 4 or 5 hashboards, hook up waterblocks and make a custom device like that, which fits your own needs.

That's what I'd love too, first it would help keep costs down for existing owners and second it keeps the longevity of the product. Let's all wait patiently for news
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
That looks tasty! When you say you'll be able to plug the upgrade directly into the current unit, does that mean we can remove the current mining ASIC's from the gen 1 and swap in the gen 2 hardware or it will be a add on device connected via USB like the Apollos without a controller?
To me it sounds like a gen2 standard unit can be plugged (through USB) into a gen1 controller / full unit.
But I personally hope that it is possible to swap out just the hashboard and keep the housing, controller, fan, everything, from the gen1.

This would also allow people to maybe build their own housing and cooling solution. E.g. you could get 4 or 5 hashboards, hook up waterblocks and make a custom device like that, which fits your own needs.
Will drop the info here and email subscribers first....really excited for this one feels like 8 years of work finally manifesting into the device I always dreamed of making!

FYI have lots of DMs about current Apollo Gen 1 owners and recent buyers...dont worry all Apollo Gen 1 owners will get significant discounts (we always sell our first Batch pre-orders at cost to current customers), and you'll be able to plug the upgrade directly to the current unit (controller and software updates will be the same for Gen1/2).

Please oh please oh please give us the numbers on the best share / highest diff submitted by the apollo!

I asked Santa but apparently I have been naughty! Cheesy

Oh and here is another teaser just for you guys  Grin

Either way, very very much looking forward to the updates both hardware and software (and can I spy a native dark mode in the top right as well?!?)
legendary

Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Dang, why would you deny me all those conversations we are recording?!  Grin

You'll have to go back to watching youtube now, I guess  Grin

But seriously, I don't trust any computer made in China.

And with the software vulnerabilities due to lacking ability to do updates, maybe some hacker could gain access to the microphone.
That would potentially be a high value attack.

OMG lol.

They would hear amazing conversations like wtf is it so hot in here!!  Cheesy
Activity: 199
Merit: 37
Dang, why would you deny me all those conversations we are recording?!  Grin

You'll have to go back to watching youtube now, I guess  Grin

But seriously, I don't trust any computer made in China.

And with the software vulnerabilities due to lacking ability to do updates, maybe some hacker could gain access to the microphone.
That would potentially be a high value attack.

legendary
Does anyone know if the Orange Pi 4 would complain in some way or other if it was freed of the microphone?

Polli has taken one for the team...

I'll let you know if I find that something is not working any longer.

I'm happy to announce that Polli is happily hashing without the microphone on the Orange Pi 4 !  Grin

Dang, why would you deny me all those conversations we are recording?!  Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
I'm happy to announce that Polli is happily hashing without the microphone on the Orange Pi 4 !  Grin
I'd honestly be concerned if it needed a microphone for mining.. Wink
Thanks for reporting your experimental results, though!
Pages:
Jump to: