Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 4. (Read 15621 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 4
Maybe wait till it stops synching and see if it starts mining, CPU might be overloaded

Thanks! I'll also inspect the wiring harness for any wires that may have disconnected or snapped during shipment--another user suggested that.

Weeeeeell...same issue. I stopped the node (thus removing the load on CPU) and restarted the miner(s). No change--solid red light on FULL but STANDARD hashes away in Eco fine.

Will wait for blockchain to fully sync (90% currently) and retry all the rebooting steps.

I can't see any loose wires or anything, so if there's no progress after full sync, I guess it'll have to be returned and swapped out for a new FULL?

I stopped the node, and shutdown the full and stand. miners. I then swapped the SBC from the FULL (let's call it Miner 1) to the working STANDARD (now called Miner 2), fired it up and the exact same issue. Now it seems whatever "rectangular mining prism" the SBC is in becomes a non-working miner. Currently Miner 2 which had worked is now not hashing, and Miner 1 which had NOT worked is hashing.

Any thoughts of what next? I'll reply to my order email with what's going on.
This sucks.

**EDIT** Now the "new" STANDARD miner (which had been Miner 1) which is actually mining had been the original FULL that did not mine...what's scary is now that same miner is registering over 40% HW errors on Eco mode...
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Maybe wait till it stops synching and see if it starts mining, CPU might be overloaded

Thanks! I'll also inspect the wiring harness for any wires that may have disconnected or snapped during shipment--another user suggested that.

Weeeeeell...same issue. I stopped the node (thus removing the load on CPU) and restarted the miner(s). No change--solid red light on FULL but STANDARD hashes away in Eco fine.

Will wait for blockchain to fully sync (90% currently) and retry all the rebooting steps.

I can't see any loose wires or anything, so if there's no progress after full sync, I guess it'll have to be returned and swapped out for a new FULL?

On the Web Dashboard, does it state "inactive" under the "Hashboard Status" section or the "Pools Status" section?  Mine was in both areas and I found a loose connections on my Full node.  Fixed that and then I had inactive under the Pools section still.  I missed the "." in the worker name section.  All squared up now but yeah reach out to them and see what they can do for you.  They were very responsive to me when I submitted my ticket on their website. 

https://www.futurebit.io/contact

Good luck!

Great idea about the wires.  I don't have mine up right now (moving stuff around) but when I'm settled I will allow the block to sync.  I'll be back later tonight with an update.  Thanks for the responses everyone!

GREAT NEWS! There was a connector not fully seated under the unit.  I was poking with a tooth pick and heard a click from one of the connectors.  Now the System says active on both the Board and the Pool.

*Side Note* Ensure you configure the pool properly if your using Slushpool (Braiins) I missed the "." in the worker name and yeah that was an issue as well.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Oh, so 'standard' units can be backfitted to 'full' units? That wasn't clear to me till today! Does the housing have all the necessary cutouts for HDMI and everything else?
In that case, I'd love to see an 'upgrade kit' that allows users to start hashing at a cheaper price and upgrade the device to also be a full node, later down the road.

The standards share the same miner parts (but are missing the computer parts obviously) however the standard cases do not include the cut-outs that are needed for the compute.

It is fairly easy to simply remove the one side of the Full with the cutouts (lots of little screws) and switch it with a standard.

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Can a FULL NODE be configured to be a STANDARD Node so another FULL Node can control it?  I guess the real question is can a Desktop Class Control Be "Dumbed Down" to a USB Controlled Hashboard? 

Yes. Once I replanted "full node" to "standard" miner, because that miner arrived with broken micro-USB port. So I made it a full unit and it was working perfectly like that. And former full node with working USB port has become standard miner.
Oh, so 'standard' units can be backfitted to 'full' units? That wasn't clear to me till today! Does the housing have all the necessary cutouts for HDMI and everything else?
In that case, I'd love to see an 'upgrade kit' that allows users to start hashing at a cheaper price and upgrade the device to also be a full node, later down the road.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Can a FULL NODE be configured to be a STANDARD Node so another FULL Node can control it?  I guess the real question is can a Desktop Class Control Be "Dumbed Down" to a USB Controlled Hashboard? 

Yes. Once I replanted "full node" to "standard" miner, because that miner arrived with broken micro-USB port. So I made it a full unit and it was working perfectly like that. And former full node with working USB port has become standard miner.
I have 2 Full nodes at the house but I only can only port forward one of them while the other will not.  I noticed the HOST ID for both Full Nodes is exactly the same "futurebitbtc."  I was wondering if I could change the host name of these units so I can attach the correct port forward information.
Why would you want to do that, anyway? It provides no benefit neither to you nor to the Bitcoin network.
It would be better if you could place one node in a physically different location; such that when your network connection or power drops out, there is another node somewhere else picking up the slack.. Smiley
OK Thanks....I'm having some issues with the new unit anyway.  Wont come off of Inactive status and I've done all the steps outlines in the set up write up. 
You could actually also just pause the node sync (turn the 'node' portion off in the web GUI) temporarily and try to start the miner again.
If physical connections are fine, the main light should start flashing quickly and the board should start hashing.

Also, if it's a new unit and it has never had a reboot, do try that, as well.
Can a FULL NODE be configured to be a STANDARD Node so another FULL Node can control it?  I guess the real question is can a Desktop Class Control Be "Dumbed Down" to a USB Controlled Hashboard?  

Yes you can.

I removed the entire "computer" part from one of my Full nodes essentially making it a standard (make sure you disconnect the cable from the computer part that connects to the miner part underneath. It's like 6 screws that hold it in place) and then just use the USB cable from your full node to connect to the newly created standard.

Great idea about the wires.  I don't have mine up right now (moving stuff around) but when I'm settled I will allow the block to sync.  I'll be back later tonight with an update.  Thanks for the responses everyone!

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
My Full Node is not working out of the box.  Plugged it in as normal and it starting generating the blocks but there is no hashing and the status is INACTIVE.  I've changed pools, passwords and usernames and still nothing.  Would like some assistance as I just got this one delivered no more than 3 days ago. 

Exact same issue. I have a FULL and one STANDARD, and when I hook them up to power, only the STANDARD hashes and the FULL does not hash.
It is syncing to the blockchain on the FULL, but the mining capability is inactive.

Thoughts?
I have 2 Full nodes at the house but I only can only port forward one of them while the other will not.  I noticed the HOST ID for both Full Nodes is exactly the same "futurebitbtc."  I was wondering if I could change the host name of these units so I can attach the correct port forward information.
Why would you want to do that, anyway? It provides no benefit neither to you nor to the Bitcoin network.
It would be better if you could place one node in a physically different location; such that when your network connection or power drops out, there is another node somewhere else picking up the slack.. Smiley

OK Thanks....I'm having some issues with the new unit anyway.  Wont come off of Inactive status and I've done all the steps outlines in the set up write up. 
My Full Node is not working out of the box.  Plugged it in as normal and it starting generating the blocks but there is no hashing and the status is INACTIVE.  I've changed pools, passwords and usernames and still nothing.  Would like some assistance as I just got this one delivered no more than 3 days ago. 
Good Morning!

Side note:  Is there any other Port other than 8333 that I can port too for more connections? Stuck at 10 connections which I know is the normal for not forwarding.

Activity: 9
Came home today to find that one of my two miners was "inactive," and the second was spitting out error rates between 50-80%.  Wasn't too happy about this... Tongue
Just a generic non powered hub.

Here is the one I'm using

SmartQ H302S USB 3.0 Hub  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PTVSMLB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Pages:
Jump to: