Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 21. (Read 15621 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Looks like the price for the full package is up to $625 is that the price for batch 2?

Yes were adjusting prices based on component costs. Things are insane right now. Our MCU cost for the full package went up ~15 USD alone from our Batch 1 order.

Looks like inflation is hitting upstream already.

Listed at $649 for batch 2 on the website now.

Yep, SSD, wifi module, and DRAM prices are all skyrocketing on weekly basis. Major supply issue in the SBC space. Standard units we have been able to secure enough chipsets that won't effect the price until Batch 3. We are eating some of the costs right now, but there probably will be a 20-25% increase in prices across the board into the later half of the year.

We might not even be able to manufacture the Full Node unit after we sell out Batch 2, trying to come up with a temporary solution using an external less powerful controller unit.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Looks like the price for the full package is up to $625 is that the price for batch 2?

Yes were adjusting prices based on component costs. Things are insane right now. Our MCU cost for the full package went up ~15 USD alone from our Batch 1 order.

Listed at $649 for batch 2 on the website now.
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Just got the email update, thank you!

Shame about the fan delay; I'm keen as to get this thing but it can't be helped. Looking forward to shipping confirmation

Yes looking forward too Smiley
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Just got the email update, thank you!

Shame about the fan delay; I'm keen as to get this thing but it can't be helped. Looking forward to shipping confirmation
Okay so a question are we there yet?

April 15th date?
April  30th date?
May ? 

when do we get gear shipped.

Were about two weeks behind schedule because our fan vendor got hit with the chip shortages going on. This shouldn't push us past first week of May to start shipping. Will send out an email updating all pre-orders of where we are tomorrow.

I have not received email about my preorder batch 1 yet. When are you planning to send it out?
can hardly wait for the second batch to be announced
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'

April 15th date?
April  30th date?
May ? 

Were about two weeks behind schedule because our fan vendor got hit with the chip shortages going on. This shouldn't push us past first week of May to start shipping. Will send out an email updating all pre-orders of where we are tomorrow.

Okay 5th of may sounds good I will be sure to have some drinks ready for Cinco De Mayo and Apollo BTC miner Grin
legendary

April 15th date?
April  30th date?
May ? 

legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'

April 15th date?
April  30th date?
May ? 

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Got my order confirmation through from Bitshopper.de. Looking forward to getting this up and running as soon as it arrives.
legendary

legendary
Pretty much, all components are ordered and PCBs are being assembled this week/next. Prototypes are already locked down and fully tested, so no issues on that front. Only thing we are waiting for is cases and main fan for the unit which is taking longer than anticipated. I still think we can start shipping end of April but will update everyone next month if that changes.

Right now we are just focusing on the software and OS. Putting together some really cool partnerships and launch day apps that will be available!

I usually post any updates on twitter more often if you want to follow me on there (jstefanop1).
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
He is probably buried in a mountain of components that need assembling Cheesy
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Batch 2 is not announced yet, any stock showing up on the site is from people canceling their pre-order.

Howza bout an update J?  Did ya get all the goodies for assembly?  Any testing results?  Just excited to hear anything Smiley Keep up the great work!
Activity: 85
Merit: 16
There are several things at play here that make this worth investing in. 
First, running a node can help the Bitcoin network - even if only a little bit. 
Second, the chance to run a quiet system that mines like this one is somewhat unusual. 
I think the quiet mining and good hardware is what explains the success of the R606's as well. 

At current Bitcoin prices, it is tough to say this would ever make a profit but most of us believe strongly in BTC and have for years. 
This and other small miners (like the R606's) retroactively become profitable as BTC goes up. 
I personally expect BTC to be 100K or more by August which would make this profitable. (Just my opinion.)
Activity: 11
I'm trying to figure things out here. The unit calculates 3th/2 @200w per box? Or x the number of asic cores? From what I'm calculating online is makes -500$ per year. But bing new I think I'm missing something lol. I love the look btw. Even though I don't fully understand what I'm missing. theses guys enthusiasm has me exited hahah.
So I should watch the site for an opportunity to pick up a batch 1. Email list is only for batch 2?
legendary
I thought that emails would be sent out to let everyone know when more were available?! I missed it again.

Batch 2 is not announced yet, any stock showing up on the site is from people canceling their pre-order.
Somebody cancelled his order that's why I think only one was available for order.
I don't think it was 2d batch. 
Pages:
Jump to: