Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 17. (Read 15621 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Hey guys sorry to everyone that got shipment notifications last week and has had no movement. We had scheduled a pickup last week and another yesterday which Fedex refused to pickup since it would have taken too much space on the truck (even though we made the volume clear both times).

Just rented a truck and dropped off all the backlog of packages this morning, and everyones shipment has been upgraded to 2 day. If your near CA you should get it tomorrow, and everyone else by thurs.

Assembly is going well for rest of orders, we project 75% will be ready to ship by end of the week, and the whole Batch 1 Pre-order will be shipped out by end of next week.

Excellent news. Thanks! Can't wait. I am in 35xx order range.  Smiley
Activity: 1138
Merit: 925

Assembly is going well for rest of orders, we project 75% will be ready to ship by end of the week, and the whole Batch 1 Pre-order will be shipped out by end of next week.

This is what I want to hear! Fantastic news Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Amazing all the things people still blame on covid and noob estimating skills, even though covid's been around for more than a year Smiley

Lets see: development stated complete 3-Feb
3 month pre-order: 5-Feb ... I would have thought they ordered the parts back then rather than spending the money they got on ... ? Tongue
Turns into a 3.75 month pre-order ... though 3.75 months later no one actually has one yet - maybe in the next couple of days?
Oh don't forget the 2nd batch X-months preorder and more money, but still no deliveries.
I wonder how long until they complete delivery of pre-order #1, let alone #2?

Sounds like Bitmain time frames ... Tongue
Though what Bitmain is doing is 2 things: keeping a lot of their hardware to mine themselves and selling the rest to whoever large comes along and makes a ridiculously large order and thus delaying the small guys even more.

People, just ignore this clown. You can do that in your profile settings. His troll posts will disappear, problem solved.  Cheesy
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Hey guys sorry to everyone that got shipment notifications last week and has had no movement. We had scheduled a pickup last week and another yesterday which Fedex refused to pickup since it would have taken too much space on the truck (even though we made the volume clear both times).

Just rented a truck and dropped off all the backlog of packages this morning, and everyones shipment has been upgraded to 2 day. If your near CA you should get it tomorrow, and everyone else by thurs.

Thank you for your update. Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 2

Appreciate to extra effort you put in to this and I'm guessing a lot of effort we don't even hear about. Way to raise the bar during these uncertain times
legendary
Activity: 2056
Merit: 1380

Lucky you, no such email here.
I ordered 2 full package units and 2 Standard + FutureBit 200W Power Supply    order #3638 and #3717.
I'll wait.

What's orders ## from batch 1 planning to ship this week?
I am at #39xx, just would like to know.
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
My shipment is delayed due to a fedex mixup.
I like to be transparent so I will get back with an up date on when I am getting it.

I reviewed the order it was for 600 I got a 10% coupon dropped it to 540 shipping was 18 so 558

here is a partial shot of the order

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 6072
Crypto Swap Exchange
I got a tracking # Grin The gear ⚙️  is due mon or tues next week.
Of course you'd get it first, since it's to their advantage to do that ... even if it is still well behind what they originally claimed ... lol

As for everyone else ...

Shipping will start at the end of April into May barring and major delays. Design is complete and we have running prototypes, and all major components including ASICs are on order. We have learned a bunch from our past launches and have built thousands of units so we dont anticipate any major setbacks. As always this is a pre-order so expect delays regardless.

And I forgot to mention that unlike everyone else FutureBit took PayPal for the order and they (PayPal credit not FutureBit) offered 6 months no interest on the purchase so even though I bought it back in Feb I'm still out of pocket under $100. But that's just me, obviously others may have used BTC or other methods of payment.

With the state of hardware at the moment, I can probably take it our of the box when it gets here take some pictures and make a profit on selling it.

-Dave
legendary
Amazing all the things people still blame on covid and noob estimating skills, even though covid's been around for more than a year Smiley

I guess you don't deal with any sort of hardware, because deliveries are all over the place.
I order today, I get a scheduled delivery for end of June. By the middle of June I could have several delays already in the books and now and a late July date.
Intel / AMD / NVidia, Samsung, EVERYONE is having issues. So an under 30 day delay is not a big deal.

As for the pre-oders thing, so what, I don't think it's unreasonable for a small business not to have 1/2 a million dollars to put out there for hardware to wait to get paid on. 
That's how I feel YMMV.
I'm only like ~20 miles from their NY location. I can always just go there and keep asking every 5 minutes, "is it done yet" if I had to.

For batch 2 it's the same 3 months give or take:

Batch 2 goes live tomorrow at 6PM EST FYI for whoever missed Batch 1. This batch will ship in July.

-Dave

newegg sent me a notice on a mobo due may 19 we are delayed to may 25 and ten minutes later said we are delayed to june 1.

on the other hand for the first time in forever I got a pc early today rather than thursday.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange

I guess you don't deal with any sort of hardware, because deliveries are all over the place.
I order today, I get a scheduled delivery for end of June. By the middle of June I could have several delays already in the books and now and a late July date.
Intel / AMD / NVidia, Samsung, EVERYONE is having issues. So an under 30 day delay is not a big deal.

As for the pre-oders thing, so what, I don't think it's unreasonable for a small business not to have 1/2 a million dollars to put out there for hardware to wait to get paid on. 
That's how I feel YMMV.
I'm only like ~20 miles from their NY location. I can always just go there and keep asking every 5 minutes, "is it done yet" if I had to.

For batch 2 it's the same 3 months give or take:

Batch 2 goes live tomorrow at 6PM EST FYI for whoever missed Batch 1. This batch will ship in July.

-Dave
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
It says in the OP, "as always this is a pre-order so expect delays regardless."  There was a one month delay, which was what I was expecting. 
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Lets see: development stated complete 3-Feb
3 month pre-order: 5-Feb ... I would have thought they ordered the parts back then rather than spending the money they got on ... ? Tongue
Turns into a 3.75 month pre-order ... though 3.75 months later no one actually has one yet - maybe in the next couple of days?
Oh don't forget the 2nd batch X-months preorder and more money, but still no deliveries.
I wonder how long until they complete delivery of pre-order #1, let alone #2?

Sounds like Bitmain time frames ... Tongue
Though what Bitmain is doing is 2 things: keeping a lot of their hardware to mine themselves and selling the rest to whoever large comes along and makes a ridiculously large order and thus delaying the small guys even more.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
I got a tracking # Grin The gear ⚙️  is due mon or tues next week.
Of course you'd get it first, since it's to their advantage to do that ... even if it is still well behind what they originally claimed ... lol

As for everyone else ...

Shipping will start at the end of April into May barring and major delays. Design is complete and we have running prototypes, and all major components including ASICs are on order. We have learned a bunch from our past launches and have built thousands of units so we dont anticipate any major setbacks. As always this is a pre-order so expect delays regardless.

Yes, it's so horrible not quite a month behind. How can we ever deal with such injustice in the world. Its not like there is a pandemic still going on, or any component shortages or any shipping issues due to lack of containers or ships getting stuck in a canal for a week. Oh, wait...
FYI I got my shipment notification too, and I really don't think jstefanop sees any advantage to getting a unit to me any sooner.

-Dave
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2

I personally expect BTC to be 100K or more by August which would make this profitable. (Just my opinion.)

Well, I think your expectation might have been a little off. The problem isn't the Elon Musk tweet, it's really that people don't understand the situation in China. The Chinese clamp down on crypto currencies has nothing to do with the volatility, but everything to do with control. Crypto currencies remove the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) from the equation of transactions, reducing their ability to control the population. The CCP wants the ability to monitor all transactions by its people so that it can manipulate and control them easier. IMHO, we, as the crypto community, need to ensure this is understood by the rest of the world, so that arbitrary rules by the CCP don't affect the value of the currencies.

I apologize if this has been answered, but after reading through four pages about the "ownership" of cgminer and the profitability of a single Apollo, I couldn't read through the rest of the posts: Will cgminer run the Apollo? I already have a pretty robust Raspi/ ASIC setup which I'm just trying to add to, not trying to integrate an entirely new setup to my rig.

Thanks,
vintag386
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
small heads up: If the German importer know his business there should be no noticeable delay in that clearance.

Yea bitshopper is great, they will have euro units within 4-5 days once we ship. Their units will be on of the first batches out so there won't be a huge delay for euro customers.

Awesome, thx for the info!

Can't wait for it, but have to 2-3 months. Sad

Everything's ready to ship as soon as we have the gear in hands.

MacEntyre
bitshopper.de

Thanks!
I got a tracking # Grin The gear ⚙️  is due mon or tues next week.

As for everyone else ...

Your one sour puppy huh. His order was in the first couple hundred we shipped this week, since he placed his order in the first couple hundred...I dont need any advantage nor do I play favorites. If your order is ahead of the other guys your going to get your order first.

And we are two weeks behind schedule, if you knew anything about manufacturing in the current climate you would know we pulled a miracle shipping these out before the end of the year, let alone within two weeks of what we planned.

My order was likely in the first 50 orders placed and it is due on tues which means I likely will not be the first person to receive it. Since it shipped on Friday I would think anyone that had it shipped today and lives close to San Francisco will get it ahead of me on Monday.

I paid full price for this gear with I think a 5 or 10% discount coupon that was offered to others. I was given no special treatment that any prior customer was able to get.
As a prior customer I was allowed to order a bit earlier  but others ordered ahead of me.

I am 3416 and some said they were 3410 which means I am not first in line. At best I am in 6th place.

Good for you Smiley i have not received notification yet and my order 39xx. i guess another week or so?
legendary

As for everyone else ...

Your one sour puppy huh. His order was in the first couple hundred we shipped this week, since he placed his order in the first couple hundred...I dont need any advantage nor do I play favorites. If your order is ahead of the other guys your going to get your order first.

And we are two weeks behind schedule, if you knew anything about manufacturing in the current climate you would know we pulled a miracle shipping these out before the end of the year, let alone within two weeks of what we planned.

My order was likely in the first 50 orders placed and it is due on tues which means I likely will not be the first person to receive it. Since it shipped on Friday I would think anyone that had it shipped today and lives close to San Francisco will get it ahead of me on Monday.

I paid full price for this gear with I think a 5 or 10% discount coupon that was offered to others. I was given no special treatment that any prior customer was able to get.
As a prior customer I was allowed to order a bit earlier  but others ordered ahead of me.

I am 3416 and some said they were 3410 which means I am not first in line. At best I am in 6th place.
legendary
order 3442
Shipping says July Batch 2, order was confirmed in Batch 1 on Feb 5th.

Your order has a tracking assigned to it already..you'll probably get it by tues/wed. Ignore what the product title says, system is automatically pulling the current title from Batch 2 sales.
legendary

As for everyone else ...

Pages:
Jump to: