Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 19. (Read 15621 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 1
How's the assembly/shipping coming along? No unforeseen issues or dramas? Looking forward to getting this Cheesy

Nope, remaining parts finally in the US and are sitting in LA waiting for customs clearances. Should have had them a week ago, but we were pushed off the plane due to Labor holiday in Asia and bigger shippers taking all cargo space. As long as there is no customs issues they should be at our cali facility by Wednesday, im flying in then to help the team there and we should hit the ground running with assemblies and shipments.

FYI trying to complete binary releases, support thread, instructions etc by end of the weekend/monday for people that are only buying standard units so you guys can get your systems ready to go when they get to you.

Were almost there...

Shipments will be from LA?
Full package orders will be ship the same time?

Factory is in bay area thats where orders ship out from. Orders will ship based on order number.

I am 3416. anyone have lower then 3410?

perhaps orders starts from 3416? Smiley I guess you ahead of me:)
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
How's the assembly/shipping coming along? No unforeseen issues or dramas? Looking forward to getting this Cheesy

Nope, remaining parts finally in the US and are sitting in LA waiting for customs clearances. Should have had them a week ago, but we were pushed off the plane due to Labor holiday in Asia and bigger shippers taking all cargo space. As long as there is no customs issues they should be at our cali facility by Wednesday, im flying in then to help the team there and we should hit the ground running with assemblies and shipments.

FYI trying to complete binary releases, support thread, instructions etc by end of the weekend/monday for people that are only buying standard units so you guys can get your systems ready to go when they get to you.

Were almost there...

Factory is in bay area thats where orders ship out from. Orders will ship based on order number.

I am 3416. anyone have lower then 3410?
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388

Were almost there...

Were almost there...

legendary

Were almost there...
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
just curious
How many devices were in batch1, 2?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hello jstefanop

Do you have already the manual/notice of apollo ? for setup, for newbies .. ?

Waiting my first batch and would like to learn about config

Thanks  Wink

Will open a support thread here next week, and post the getting started guide by end of next week.

Hello jstefanop,

Where did you open the support thread, i don't found it.

regards
Activity: 18
Hi jstefanop,

Thanks for the hard work and the updates. I just looked back at my conformation email (#3506) and realized I ordered the full package, but without the power supply. Is there any way to add one now or is it to late? I have several I could use, but thought I would ask in the event others might be wondering the same thing.

Just reply to your order email and well update it.

Reply sent, Thank you!
legendary
Hi jstefanop,

Thanks for the hard work and the updates. I just looked back at my conformation email (#3506) and realized I ordered the full package, but without the power supply. Is there any way to add one now or is it to late? I have several I could use, but thought I would ask in the event others might be wondering the same thing.

Just reply to your order email and well update it.
Activity: 18
Hi jstefanop,

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Patiently waiting for shipping here as well. Hopefully will have them here in Europe in few weeks!
legendary
Hoping for shipping next week.

A nice small quiet unit.

I went for all the whistles and bells.

Would have been nice to get it this week as this difficulty period is doing well.

I will post a video on YouTube.

I have no YouTube deals and do not earn from you tube.

I have no deal with the op and paid full price for this. (some coupon but same as anyone else)

I will point it to viabtc.

I will likely not use it to mine BTC but for this particular test video it will mine btc.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
But this is silent unlike the Avalon which needs to be put in a garden cabine and probably uses 1300+W for 12TH.

With an A8 you can get about 1TH per 100W in "Low Power" mode, and it's pretty quiet without any hardware changes:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.56830865
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
respect, Stefan.

at first the price (€475 for pod on bitshopper) looked a bit high for the hashrate compared to for example a second hand Avalon841.

But this is silent unlike the Avalon which needs to be put in a garden cabine and probably uses 1300+W for 12TH.
Yours at 3.5TH/200W would need almost half of the Watt for the same TH speed.
Ok, it will be expensive at nearly €1900 for 4 units but it's still silent Smiley

It's also a bit higher priced (€75) than the Terminus R606 (which I also have and runs around 880GH without issues for months now)
but it's (written to be) 2-2.5x as fast at nearly the same draw (100 vs 125W)
and 4 times faster at twice the Watt draw (100 vs 200W) in Turbo mode.

which means this product isn't as bad as someone claimed on the first pages and as stated from the beginning ideal for home use
and can be placed on your desk without noticing that it's on (if the sound level is about as low as the Terminus R606).

I got notified by Bitshopper's mailing list about this but it was already sold out when I peeked at it.
Quick update...finally sorted the fan situation, now we have them sitting at a forwarder in hong kong...due to the blockage with the canal everyone out of asia decided to 10x the shipping costs and fly everything out so there is a massive backlog for stuff to get on planes. Right now were scheduled to get on a plane early next week, and hopefully well have everything at our cali facility by end of next week, and start shipping the week after that.

Super Thank you for update Smiley
legendary
Quick update...finally sorted the fan situation, now we have them sitting at a forwarder in hong kong...due to the blockage with the canal everyone out of asia decided to 10x the shipping costs and fly everything out so there is a massive backlog for stuff to get on planes. Right now were scheduled to get on a plane early next week, and hopefully well have everything at our cali facility by end of next week, and start shipping the week after that.

So May 10-14  or so for first shipping?

Cool.
legendary
legendary
Hello jstefanop

Thanks  Wink

Will open a support thread here next week, and post the getting started guide by end of next week.

Thank you.

I will start a review thread for mine when I get it.
I will also do a youtube on it.
Hello jstefanop

Thanks  Wink

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: