Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 45. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
no just remove the crapcoins from the forum.

or only let superior members post announcements of coins.

common? you think this is a good coin? its just another scryptcoin. maybe even a coinogen.

if it ever makes it to cryptsy. it will be hit by multipools and everyone will lose.

you go mine this.

If only superior members could release coins it wouldn't be a fair marketplace. The point is to let people decide for themselves and do their own due diligence.

It has KGW, so multipools will not be crashing the price. I do not think coingen has KGW, so it probably was a manual job.

Look- I'm not saying this coin is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can tell that people are actually putting effort into it and they seem to be doing a pretty decent job.

The way I see it:

50% of coins are some sort of scam, due to huge 1%+ premines and instamining or IPCOs. piCoin has a reasonable premine, no IPCO and I doubt it will be instamined due to the advance notice for launch.
50% of coins that passed the above criteria have devs that actually invest time and money. Check.
50% of those coins that passed the above two questions have potential. This basically means that the coin has a marketable name, a reasonable number of coins and semi-normal parameters. piCoin certainly does.
10% of those coins (the coins that have the above three attributes) have something entirely new to bring to the table.

So, even if piCoin does not have anything entirely new to bring to the table, it still is in the top 5% or so of coins assuming the launch goes well and the devs continue to support and promote it. Is it going to have a $100.000.000 market cap? Not anytime soon. Can it reach a $5.000.000 or $10.000.000 market cap? Sure thing. piCoin doesn't have to leave our mouths hanging wide open in awe for it to become a successful cryptocurrency.

sorry, i missed your post because of pi dump. i am targetting these new copycat coins since i dont believe a word until i see stuff happen. it is easy to say that something will be used offline that you cant check. also KGW? prevent multipools? have a look at leaf.

i think it looks a lot like probe coin and might just be same team.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

common? you think this is a good coin? its just another scryptcoin. maybe even a coinogen.

if it ever makes it to cryptsy. it will be hit by multipools and everyone will lose.

you go mine this.

If only superior members could release coins it wouldn't be a fair marketplace. The point is to let people decide for themselves and do their own due diligence.

It has KGW, so multipools will not be crashing the price. I do not think coingen has KGW, so it probably was a manual job.

Look- I'm not saying this coin is the best thing since sliced bread, but I can tell that people are actually putting effort into it and they seem to be doing a pretty decent job.

The way I see it:

50% of coins are some sort of scam, due to huge 1%+ premines and instamining or IPCOs. piCoin has a reasonable premine, no IPCO and I doubt it will be instamined due to the advance notice for launch.
50% of coins that passed the above criteria have devs that actually invest time and money. Check.
50% of those coins that passed the above two questions have potential. This basically means that the coin has a marketable name, a reasonable number of coins and semi-normal parameters. piCoin certainly does.
10% of those coins (the coins that have the above three attributes) have something entirely new to bring to the table.

So, even if piCoin does not have anything entirely new to bring to the table, it still is in the top 5% or so of coins assuming the launch goes well and the devs continue to support and promote it. Is it going to have a $100.000.000 market cap? Not anytime soon. Can it reach a $5.000.000 or $10.000.000 market cap? Sure thing. piCoin doesn't have to leave our mouths hanging wide open in awe for it to become a successful cryptocurrency.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Need about 3-4 months to halve? Shocked
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
Woah.....that's some apple pie, lol

if it ever makes it to cryptsy ( or other exchange ). it will be hit by multipools and everyone will lose.

you go mine this. good luck.

btc should lock the altcoin announcements/ remove new coins post if just regular scryptcoin with 0 innovation.

there seems to be one/two teams behind a lot of coins!

So you think they should just remove the forum?

99% of coins have very little innovation. If everyone listened to you we'd have to lock down this entire forum, because most coins kind of stink. The ones that don't stink as much are the ones that end up succeeding. I personally think this coin stinks a whole lot less than most coins these days, even without much innovation. Catchy name, active forum, and devs that seem to be pretty involved as they respond to pretty much every post.
CRAP ALERT BELLS RINGING HARDLY! Hey, listen to me as I have to something to say to you. Its free advice.. THERE WILL BE NO MORE SCRYPT POW ONLY COIN WHICH MAKE YOU RICH SOONER OR LATER, NEVER EVER! You just missed the train but don´t worry - there are so many other possibilities how to make some decent money. Do some research and please do HUGE pleasure to whole altcoin comunity - STOP SUPPORTING CRAP COINS!!!

+10000.

btc should lock the altcoin announcements/ remove new coins post if just regular scryptcoin with 0 innovation.

there seems to be one/two teams behind a lot of coins!
Activity: 41
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I propose to change the POW algorithm to something that calculates Pi and break some kind of world record for the longest calculation, much like XPM/RIE finds primes but it's still a lot different. It's a shame this fine coin name to go to waste on yet another scrypt clone.
Wow, I have been waiting since the thread was posted a week ago. Smiley Launch is finally almost here. I will eat a slice of pie in honor of this new cryptocurrency while throwing 4 MH/s at it. Cheesy

Activity: 42
looks interesting...Any chance of changing KGW to kick in at block 500 or something?

We decided to have it in for the start. It's one of those things we could have gone either way on.

Hi,

I've translated the announce to Russian. It's available here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpi-picoin-513689

Great. Bounty reserved. Please do us a favor and post it in the Russian forum on piCoinTalk too: http://picointalk.com/index.php?board=23.0

1.  launch time : 3:14 AM GMT you kick the European ass!

2. Giveaway:   ~3000 per one person out of >31billion coins! You are so generous.

3. Nothing new.

So what?

Good luck!

1. 3:14 was the obvious choice. We didn't want to have a bias towards any particular location so we chose UTC. 3:14 PM UTC would be 15:14 in reality, so that didn't work either.

2. First of all, there are already more coins available in giveaways than that. Second of all, there are plenty of bounties available in the original post and for custom projects (please PM us if you would like to do a custom project - we've already given away 3,000,000 to people who have approached us!). Third, the coin hasn't even launched yet. There will be plenty of time for giveaways once people can actually post addresses.

3. People said Dogecoin wasn't new and look where it is now. Not every innovation is entirely different than previous innovations - sometimes the greatest innovations are just a refined version of something which already exists. We think know piCoin will be an exemplar of this phenomenon.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Wow, that was very pleased and look forward to!

Nice work.
looking forward to launch! go pi!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I as well as many people I am sure are crossing their fingers this coin will replace the hole left by DogeCoin halving!

We'd be crossing our fingers too, but I think we'll need'em to type. We appreciate the positive comments; the community and us will prove you guys right.
Activity: 136
looking forward to launch! go pi!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
1.  launch time : 3:14 AM GMT you kick the European ass!

2. Giveaway:   ~3000 per one person out of >31billion coins! You are so generous.

3. Nothing new.

So what?

Good luck!
Activity: 8
Hi,

I've translated the announce to Russian. It's available here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpi-picoin-513689
Activity: 5
Wow, that was very pleased and look forward to!
Activity: 252
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I as well as many people I am sure are crossing their fingers this coin will replace the hole left by DogeCoin halving!
Activity: 56
X-Pool.org

PRE-REGISTRATION IS OPEN

We've just launched our piCoin pool.
If you want the best, join the best. We have features and experience you will struggle to fine elsewhere.
We love crypto, this is more than a hobby for us - its a lifestyle. If you are like us or a new miner please,
come join us and help us build a healthy community.

To make sure that everything is handeled proper, we aim to make our service:
Professional, dedicated and friendly. Come join us in our IRC channel.

If you want to request a new coin thats coming or something thats of value, please do not hesitate to tell us via IRC or our support mail.
we're always up for a chat about what value the future might hold:)

We are here to stay! And we will try to do the best we can with what we have to offer for the crypto community and you!
Becouse in crypto reputation is everything.

At this very moment we are trying to get our first block, so please support us and we will be very greatful Smiley

Server Information

• 1Gigabit Connection
  • 12 Core 24 Threads Xeon Processor
  • 64GB RAM
  • SSD + SAS Drive
  • DDoS Protection GUARANTEED
Pool Information
  • 0% Fee
  • 1% Blockfinder bounty reward
  • PPLNS
  • Helpful and experienced server admins
  • 99.9% Uptime