Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 47. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Woah, wallet looks great!

I think I'm the only one that hates the wallet design.

Just a normal QT with a random background...

However I like the logo, it's nice.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
put the wallets in password zips before launch, that is the new standard on launches
Yes, we're aware of that. We didn't see the point in releasing the wallets 10 days before launch, as it would have only increase security risks and render it improbable for us to edit anything if necessary.

The wallet will be released very soon.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

pi.charityminingpools.com - Open for Pre-Registration Now!

Come mine while making a difference.

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
put the wallets in password zips before launch, that is the new standard on launches
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Mr. "Huge Red Font" above has no clue what he's talking about. PiCoin looks great.
Activity: 56

The pool will be up at launch.

You can register and create your worker(s) anytime.
Activity: 39
首先我们应该关注这个币有什么作用,而不是上来就考虑如何赚钱,能够像XPM和RieCoin一样去解决数学问题,对社会进步有推动作用,这样的事业才是伟大的事业。

当然,早期我们的努力也会得到回报,但未必是金钱上的,我们也需要其他的满足感,就比如我写的这篇帖子是中文板块的第一篇,如果以后回想起来还是很高兴的。

记得初中时代看书很佩服我国桥梁设计专家茅以升,他设计了钱塘江大桥,到了80岁还可以背诵100位的派,sorry我的输入法打不出数学符号来。

所以我就找了100位的派来背诵,可惜只到了50多位,蛋疼的少年时代啊!

3.1415926535897932384626 433 83279 90288 41971 69399 ...

能记住的这些,能记一辈子,记不住的,可能以后也不会再记多些了,谨此回忆。

see the:

http://picointalk.com/index.php?topic=13.0
Hi.
May I ask who is behind this coin? Who are the dev's?
Thank you.

mega

Sure thing, no reason to not be transparent.

I'm a 27 year old entrepreneur located in Miami, Florida. I'm the founder and guy behind this coin. I have hired a graphic designer and 5 marketers to help promote and spread piCoin. They're good at what they do, which is mainly building buzz, increasing adoption of new technologies or products, and promoting projects like piCoin offline at industry and/or community conventions and gatherings.

As for names, at this time I personally do not feel comfortable sharing here for privacy reasons. I hope that's understandable, as it certainly isn't unusual.

Hi,

I've translated the announce to French. It's available here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-annpi-picoin-la-cryptomonnaie-des-math-lancement-le-pi-day-14-mars-508662

I'll try my best to keep it up-to-date with coming changes.

Good luck

Great, added to the main thread and bounty reserved.

CRAP ALERT BELLS RINGING HARDLY! Hey, listen to me as I have to something to say to you. Its free advice.. THERE WILL BE NO MORE SCRYPT POW ONLY COIN WHICH MAKE YOU RICH SOONER OR LATER, NEVER EVER! You just missed the train but don´t worry - there are so many other possibilities how to make some decent money. Do some research and please do HUGE pleasure to whole altcoin comunity - STOP SUPPORTING CRAP COINS!!!

You seem to post responses like this to every new altcoin thread, judging by your post history.

If an experienced guy spending thousands of dollars and all his time on creating a leading cryptocurrency can't do a good job, I don't think anyone can.

Remember: people were saying they "missed the train" back in 2010 when bitcoin was $0.01 because they could have bought it months earlier for $0.001. It's more a matter of how far the train travels, not when you get on.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
CRAP ALERT BELLS RINGING HARDLY! Hey, listen to me as I have to something to say to you. Its free advice.. THERE WILL BE NO MORE SCRYPT POW ONLY COIN WHICH MAKE YOU RICH SOONER OR LATER, NEVER EVER! You just missed the train but don´t worry - there are so many other possibilities how to make some decent money. Do some research and please do HUGE pleasure to whole altcoin comunity - STOP SUPPORTING CRAP COINS!!!
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Hi,

I've translated the announce to French. It's available here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-annpi-picoin-la-cryptomonnaie-des-math-lancement-le-pi-day-14-mars-508662

I'll try my best to keep it up-to-date with coming changes.

Good luck
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Hi.
May I ask who is behind this coin? Who are the dev's?
Thank you.

mega
I will make Russian translation Wink
Great, we're definitely interested in one. Please post it or send it to us once it's complete.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I will make Russian translation Wink
Activity: 532

Lol @ these clonecoins fighting over the name. Your currencay will never be worldwide and the only reason you're in this is to make a bit of money.

The 5 marketing consultants we've hired disagree. It's okay though, we'll send you a consolation pie if you contact us once piCoin becomes a popular cryptocurrency around the world.

Also, it's hard to fight with another coin over a name when the other coin has a self-moderated thread. It negates all offense.

I will hold you to that PIE promise. Thanks.
There is a pi coin giveaway today on https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3419-picoin-pi-information/page-3

Real pi is 3.14159 not 300 million or whatever this coin is!
Please stop spamming our thread. Our coin is based off of the original coin from mid-2013 (essentially a relaunch with different totals adapted for the current crypto-landscape, though we have decided to not brand it as a relaunch), yours is a scamcoin relaunch that was posted after this thread. No one will support a coin with devs that spam other threads, an unfair launch, a self-moderated thread, and 3.14 total coins. That's why our coin is receiving more support than that coin, even though the launch is in 6 days on Pi Day.

We'll be taking the high road and we will not be engaging in anymore "discussions" with these developers. We cannot defend ourselves because their thread is self-moderated and quite frankly, we have better things to do with our time. If they choose to continue spamming here and/or not delete their previous posts on this thread, it shows you a lot about their character.
Activity: 20
There is a pi coin giveaway today on https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/7641-picoin-pi-giveaway-1/

Real pi is 3.14159 not 300 million or whatever this coin is!
I could translate to German if you are interested    Wink

We are. Post in the German forum and drop a link here and I'll reserve the bounty for you.

Lol @ these clonecoins fighting over the name. Your currencay will never be worldwide and the only reason you're in this is to make a bit of money.

The 5 marketing consultants we've hired disagree. It's okay though, we'll send you a consolation pie if you contact us once piCoin becomes a popular cryptocurrency around the world.

Also, it's hard to fight with another coin over a name when the other coin has a self-moderated thread. It negates all offense.

A 1% premine is as bad as a 10% premine on this coin. you have available sat in your wallet nearly 314 million of these bad boys and you'll sell them as soon as they have any value crashing the coin down to the lowest possible 1 satoshi spot. Your giveaways for pools/wallets etc come to what, around 10 mill?

If it wasn't for the premine, or if you had premined 0.1% - then I'd consider this, but you've ruined what could have been an excellent coin.
0.1% - after giveaways you'd still have 20 million left - but you got greedy and that is what will kill it off.

I'm gutted. I really thought this coin could be worth something.

A few things things:
1. < 1% is not = to 1%. We will likely premine about 0.5%, which is less than most coins. This number will be updated at launch, as we are still premining.
2. This coin hasn't even launched yet - this premine has to last over quite a long time. Generally speaking, except for a few exceptions (notably Zeitcoin), most giveaways happen after launch. We have a lot of expenses to deal with and will be attempting to pay for many of these with piCoin itself. If we mined 0.1%, we'd be in the negative after a week. That's actually around the amount we plan on "getting rid of" during launch week. The premine is to giveaway, pay for bounties, and help deal with expenses. It's not to make us rich. More giveaways will come very soon, once we finish designing the website and remodeling the coin.
3. These public bounties are for public projects that we're asking the general community to do. We've already given away quite a bit to people with custom projects who have approached us.
4. These bounties are the current bounties. More bounties will be added, certain bounties may be doubled or tripled if necessary (we've already added another bounty or two since your post), etc. This is just a starting point, really.
5. You don't need to believe us, but we will not be dumping this coin. We hope this becomes apparent as we continually support this coin throughout both the ups and downs.
Activity: 7
A 1% premine is as bad as a 10% premine on this coin. you have available sat in your wallet nearly 314 million of these bad boys and you'll sell them as soon as they have any value crashing the coin down to the lowest possible 1 satoshi spot. Your giveaways for pools/wallets etc come to what, around 10 mill?

If it wasn't for the premine, or if you had premined 0.1% - then I'd consider this, but you've ruined what could have been an excellent coin.
0.1% - after giveaways you'd still have 20 million left - but you got greedy and that is what will kill it off.

I'm gutted. I really thought this coin could be worth something.
Activity: 532
Lol @ these clonecoins fighting over the name. Your currency will never be worldwide and the only reason you're in this is to make a bit of money.
Activity: 5
I could translate to German if you are interested    Wink
Pages:
Jump to: