Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr! - page 6. (Read 47854 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
We've got a giveaway going to get subscribers to the PirateCoin subreddit:

http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1355.0.html

If you're not a member of the subreddit, please subscribe!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Piratecoincrypto/
I'm sorry bitideas.. I removed some spaces but the rest is related to wordpress template..

That's much better!  Thank you!

One more thing... when you type in arrcoin.com you get an error that says, "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"
But when you type www.arrcoin.com it takes you to the site just fine.

Do you know any way to fix that?

Also, under "Social" on the website, could you link to the Facebook page and the Subreddit?

https://www.facebook.com/PiratecoinPIR
http://www.reddit.com/r/Piratecoincrypto/

Thanks
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Need some wallet help. I opened my PTC/PIR/ARR wallet today and it did not sync up for the first time. Need some help getting wallet to sync. Thank you.
Sorry - can't help - checked my .conf for nodes but it's empty Sad

My wallet's slow to start synching but sorts itself out eventually.
Activity: 182
LOOKS like another... no sync wallet... shit coin. NODES anyone???
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Need some wallet help. I opened my PTC/PIR/ARR wallet today and it did not sync up for the first time. Need some help getting wallet to sync. Thank you.
Activity: 71
I'm sorry bitideas.. I removed some spaces but the rest is related to wordpress template..
bobdylan, on the website can we get rid of the 2+ inches of empty space between the top menu and the picture of the coin?  I want to promote this in the traffic exchanges, and with the top bar of the traffic exchanges/mailers, you can't see the coin or info.  Can you help?
Thanks Mortimer  Smiley
I replaced this bountie by a new.. the first dice site..
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
PirateCoin block explorer back up and running:

http://explorer.arrcoin.com:8080

Sorry this took so long, it is my first ABE experience.  I should be able to start putting some more time into this coin next week.

Bobdylan - keep the bounty, and use it to double the article bounty

This is awesome, thanks Mortimer!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
PirateCoin block explorer back up and running:

http://explorer.arrcoin.com:8080

Sorry this took so long, it is my first ABE experience.  I should be able to start putting some more time into this coin next week.

Bobdylan - keep the bounty, and use it to double the article bounty
What can be done to get the original post in this thread to reflect the correct website?  Or to restore the original website?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
How much is the current reward?
Bounties :

- 10 000 PIR for a block explorer
- 10 000 PIR - article at CoinDesk, Bitcoin Magazine, Forbes or Money Week

If you are interested, then please post to the forum and send a PM so we can confirm the details.
Activity: 84

The original dev said he'd hand the project over to the pirate party and after that never was heard of again.
But the community wanted to continue and not give the name to the pirate party, so there is not really a dev.

The situation is a little bit confusing at the moment.

I personally think the coin should be relaunched by the pirate party international movement. (Even though I myself have got a decent amount of pirate coins that i would be willing to give up)

The original dev DID NOT say he'd hand the project to the pirate party, he said he'd hand the project to the PIRATE COIN COMMUNITY.  He gave ME the login info, not the Pirate Party.

I, too, spent a lot of time mining this coin and I'm not willing to give it up.

There is a secret Facebook group created to plan a marketing strategy for this coin.  If you would like to join it, add me as a friend and I'll let you in.

http://facebook.com/leighann

"DID NOT!" "DID SO!" -Kindergarden

i'm not responsible for him not announcing it to the community but like i said a few days after he took down the site and did not answer to my pm's anymore i figured he left me to tell you what he said before he left...

so here's the said pm:"

motd2k

Activity: 75

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Mike_Rotch on: March 12, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
I'm happy to hand over the project to the party but I have no intention of joining personally."

copied it including the additional info on the left...

what i think the community now needs is less renegade approaches but rather a dev...

so are you a programmer and if so are you able to take care of everything that has to be taken care of?
for example:
sycript asics are already in use. Are you ready for to do (at least) a scrypt-n hardfork or do you think asics will be good for the coin?
etc. etc.

The original dev said he'd hand the project over to the pirate party and after that never was heard of again.
But the community wanted to continue and not give the name to the pirate party, so there is not really a dev.

The situation is a little bit confusing at the moment.

I personally think the coin should be relaunched by the pirate party international movement. (Even though I myself have got a decent amount of pirate coins that i would be willing to give up)

The original dev DID NOT say he'd hand the project to the pirate party, he said he'd hand the project to the PIRATE COIN COMMUNITY.  He gave ME the login info, not the Pirate Party.

I, too, spent a lot of time mining this coin and I'm not willing to give it up.

There is a secret Facebook group created to plan a marketing strategy for this coin.  If you would like to join it, add me as a friend and I'll let you in.

http://facebook.com/leighann
legendary
Well if that is a possibility then lets do something and get this coin going!

However, think about this... you say "sex sells" and sure it does but look at sexcoin that has already gone this route and there is no way another sex-type coin (IMO) will match it. That being said, the current network hashrate is only 140 MH/s and the coin is selling for 500 satoshi (with the same block reward as PIR). We could have attained this with PIR by itself if we had marketing done on the coin. So unless this booty guy has a better plan than the whole sexcoin community then I doubt it is going to do us any good to make this coin all about sex and kill any hope of professional investors. Maybe I'm short-sighted here but this is just how I see it.

I think you could be right that you are a little short-sighted here.

Sexcoin hits you in the face for what it really is but bootycoin works more subliminal, like hank already pointed out and it has also the pirate theme in it. I think that's a great combo because you get a broader spectrum of uses for the coin and people. So i believe it's not that certain you can state sexcoin will never be matched.
Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for?

In my opinion if he really does go along with us we all would owe him big-time...

Well in light of this coin no longer having a dev I do not think we are going anywhere but down unless we turn this over to him then. Unfortunately that seems the only route to take that doesnt end in walking the plank here.

Anyone else agree with that?

However, think about this... you say "sex sells" and sure it does but look at sexcoin that has already gone this route and there is no way another sex-type coin (IMO) will match it. That being said, the current network hashrate is only 140 MH/s and the coin is selling for 500 satoshi (with the same block reward as PIR). We could have attained this with PIR by itself if we had marketing done on the coin. So unless this booty guy has a better plan than the whole sexcoin community then I doubt it is going to do us any good to make this coin all about sex and kill any hope of professional investors. Maybe I'm short-sighted here but this is just how I see it.

I think you could be right that you are a little short-sighted here.

Sexcoin hits you in the face for what it really is but bootycoin works more subliminal, like hank already pointed out and it has also the pirate theme in it. I think that's a great combo because you get a broader spectrum of uses for the coin and people. So i believe it's not that certain you can state sexcoin will never be matched.
Besides he said he has a marketing plan and merchants on board...what more could one ask for?

In my opinion if he really does go along with us we all would owe him big-time...
legendary

At this point I am for anything that can get this coin going.
Creating a whole new coin with a new block chain is stupid. It basically says to everyone that has mined it and got it on allcrypt and worked on things "screw you." I know it doesnt seem like much but a handful of people have mined and worked on this project to get it at least trading and known by a few.
So rebrand, rename, market, do whatever. But if the blockchain is being abandoned and a whole new coin is going to launch from block 0 then I'm out.

Don't know if you noticed but allcrypt is down since a few days. They will probably take their time securing the system, at least i would do that.

And i think you worry to much, i can see your concern and i think so will everybody else but don't you think if one puts his mind to a problem that it can't be worked out?
For example:
If a hardfork was implemented and the problem would be like mentioned above that the new coin should have only 69 coins in total (don't take this for an actual value i don't know it's just an example) then it would be no problem to calculate how much everybodys coins would be worth if there were 69 instead of 25mio, it's just a percentage to calculate with and then you would see less coins in your wallet but exactly the same amount in relation to the new total supply.

or

If we would relaunch there could be a premine which you could trade you coins in for but it would come to the same end.

The thing is I think the launch of a coin is important to give everybody the same chance. This wasn't the case with this coin because it was not properly pre-announced so it will be hard getting people in. But certainly not impossible if the community would be willing to take part in giveaways and such.
Pages:
Jump to: