Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr! - page 9. (Read 47854 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I am not gone..
I do not understand what you want..
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Let me know if I can help in any way.
Activity: 84
Well we need to do something. So lets do it.

I'm already in discussion with hank booty and like i thought: a very cooperative guy.

Before i forget:

Who of you guys setup twitter and facebook? If i get access I'll also announce news there.
And are there any other social media sites that are not listed in the op?

bobdylanbobdylan had control of the Twitter account and the website and the Gmail.  He was given it in good faith to try to bring the community to life, but then he co-opted it and tried to tie it to some political pirate movement... I see he hasn't been around here in a while.  He changed all the passwords.  We'll have to start again from scratch.
But please count me in... I'm invested in the success of this coin, and will do whatever I can to that end.

thx I'll write him a pm.

You are always welcome to contribute Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I'm already in discussion with hank booty and like i thought: a very cooperative guy.

Before i forget:

Who of you guys setup twitter and facebook? If i get access I'll also announce news there.

bobdylanbobdylan had control of the Twitter account and the website and the Gmail.  He was given it in good faith to try to bring the community to life, but then he co-opted it and tried to tie it to some political pirate movement... I see he hasn't been around here in a while.  He changed all the passwords.  We'll have to start again from scratch.
But please count me in... I'm invested in the success of this coin, and will do whatever I can to that end.

Before i forget:

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Have a look at GrumpyCoin to see how we have fared so far after the original dev went missing.

We have created a new website, new twitter with over 1000 followers, facebook etc. Plus new wallets, block explorer, games etc etc.

Old website - http://grumpycoins.com/
New website - http://www.grumpyco.in/
Old topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403936.2220;topicseen
New topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514858.0;topicseen

You need to all stick together and not let this coin die. If you work together you can do it.

There are only about 6 of us working on this in total.  Smiley

I had no doubt about that else i wouldn't have come here to discuss this openly.

As for action i at least wrote the guy who had the bootycoin idea and the already setup website to come and join the discussion. it seemed to me he was a very cooperative guy.

I personally like the idea of bootycoin because to be honest we don't have much to offer here with a scrypt coin copy so why don't really offer a little booty. After all sex sells!

Before i forget i think we should discuss this through before starting a new thread. But it also crossed my mind and i'll do it after we all (the community) decide what exact steps we will take.
Activity: 196
Have a look at GrumpyCoin to see how we have fared so far after the original dev went missing.

We have created a new website, new twitter with over 1000 followers, facebook etc. Plus new wallets, block explorer, games etc etc.

Old website - http://grumpycoins.com/
New website - http://www.grumpyco.in/
Old topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403936.2220;topicseen
New topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514858.0;topicseen

You need to all stick together and not let this coin die. If you work together you can do it.

There are only about 6 of us working on this in total.  Smiley
Activity: 126
Well since its your coin now then I guess you have the control don't you?

I think we all agree that we want what is best for the coin and for its future success. The way you demean the coin and this community makes me think that you should give it to us and we need to find a new dev. Unless I am mistaken in how you feel about it.

maybe you are mistaking, my request to the dev was simply to remove the logo and the text. he removed the whole site and i'm under the impression he didn't want to continue anyway.

that's also the reason why i thought i'd give you all a choice. you invested time and energy into this network. it would not be okay simply taking it away from you. but you have to also see it's pretty difficult for me to be the intermediary between thousands of pirates world wide and this community.

so please try to see my side like i try to see yours.

i have no intention screwing with you guys. like i said we will help as far as it's possible for us if you decide to rename the coin and want to keep the network.

We can do a takeover.

Could you be a little more specific? ^^

In other news:
Maybe it is interesting for you all to know i didn't just stumble over this when the logo was changed i was in this thread from the beginning and mined some coins myself at the launch. (so technically i'm also a member of the community)

An other thought just popped in my head: maybe I'm looking at this wrong because i didn't think of me (or the pirate party) now being (even if only for a short period) sort of the dev (thx adam1230 for pointing this out). So maybe it is not a bad idea to continue with the management because their could be experience gained through doing this which the project could later benefit from.
Just let me know what you guys think about that?

New thead.
New web.
And so on...
Activity: 140

I think we all agree that we want what is best for the coin and for its future success. The way you demean the coin and this community makes me think that you should give it to us and we need to find a new dev. Unless I am mistaken in how you feel about it.

maybe you are mistaking, my request to the dev was simply to remove the logo and the text. he removed the whole site and i'm under the impression he didn't want to continue anyway.

that's also the reason why i thought i'd give you all a choice. you invested time and energy into this network. it would not be okay simply taking it away from you. but you have to also see it's pretty difficult for me to be the intermediary between thousands of pirates world wide and this community.

i have no intention screwing with you guys. like i said we will help as far as it's possible for us if you decide to rename the coin and want to keep the network.

We can do a takeover.

In other news:
Maybe it is interesting for you all to know i didn't just stumble over this when the logo was changed i was in this thread from the beginning and mined some coins myself at the launch. (so technically i'm also a member of the community)

An other thought just popped in my head: maybe I'm looking at this wrong because i didn't think of me (or the pirate party) now being (even if only for a short period) sort of the dev (thx adam1230 for pointing this out). So maybe it is not a bad idea to continue with the management because their could be experience gained through doing this which the project could later benefit from.

This coin is on the edge of oblivion. If we want to keep it from tipping over that edge, we need action and we need it now. I'll back this idea simply because it is SOMETHING. We're long on talk here, but short on action so far.

We can do a takeover.

In other news:

Activity: 126

We can do a takeover.

legendary

Important Info:

it seems to me motd2k will not tell you guys what's going on and it seems he thinks it is my duty to inform the community:

the last pm i got form him read: he was happy to hand over the project to the pirate party. next day site was down and everything. tried to contact him again, no answer up to now.

so now i feel it's up to me to inform you that the future of this coin/p2p-network is uncertain. the way i see it there are three options present here:

1. The community here decides it's their network and they want to continue it, rename it (to bootycoin or whatever) and find a new dev. (If this is the will of the community be assured we will help you as far as possible at the moment)

2. Pirate Party takes over the network. Which certainly would take a while and would be unclear what it would mean for the reputation of the coin (the time taken) and probably would result in an hardfork one or two years from now. (And even if pirate party takes over i can not guarantee that the coin will be kept. Because it was no pirate project and so decisions have been made without the consensus of the other pirate party members which is not in line with the values of the party.)

3. The coin dies. (An option i don't think anybody prefers.)

For all of you who don't know what this is about:
The pirate party is also planing a crypto coin project. You are welcome to become a pirate yourself and participate. Just write a pm to me.

Why would we want to give the coin to The Pirate Party when you dont even know if the coin will be kept? I mean, that sounds to me to be the dumbest idea. So basically the community gives you the coin and then it gets squashed so as to not be in competition with your group's crypto-project? Doesn't seem too smart to me.

you miss understand me. the coin has already been handed over by the dev. all i am offering here is that the community decides what they wanna do knowing the project was handed over. i could have said nothing and the coin would had died silently.
and if we don't keep it it's not because of the competition it's because of said reasons. (seriously what kind of competition?!)

legendary
Important Info:

it seems to me motd2k will not tell you guys what's going on and it seems he thinks it is my duty to inform the community:

the last pm i got form him read: he was happy to hand over the project to the pirate party. next day site was down and everything. tried to contact him again, no answer up to now.

so now i feel it's up to me to inform you that the future of this coin/p2p-network is uncertain. the way i see it there are three options present here:

1. The community here decides it's their network and they want to continue it, rename it (to bootycoin or whatever) and find a new dev. (If this is the will of the community be assured we will help you as far as possible at the moment)

2. Pirate Party takes over the network. Which certainly would take a while and would be unclear what it would mean for the reputation of the coin (the time taken) and probably would result in an hardfork one or two years from now. (And even if pirate party takes over i can not guarantee that the coin will be kept. Because it was no pirate project and so decisions have been made without the consensus of the other pirate party members which is not in line with the values of the party.)

The pirate party is also planing a crypto coin project. You are welcome to become a pirate yourself and participate. Just write a pm to me.

Why would we want to give the coin to The Pirate Party when you dont even know if the coin will be kept? I mean, that sounds to me to be the dumbest idea. So basically the community gives you the coin and then it gets squashed so as to not be in competition with your group's crypto-project? Doesn't seem too smart to me.
Important Info:

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID
http://www.piratecoin.co/
This website is really great thing

New website is in the works. arr.coin.com. It's not quite finished yet, so excuse the mess.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID
This coin looks very interesting. Where can we buy some ?

Currently, you can only buy at allcrypt.com
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
This coin looks very interesting. Where can we buy some ?
Pages:
Jump to: