Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 122. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
All of you who are clearly upset with the payouts over the last few days let me clearly put everything out in the open on what is going on right now.

1. There has been recently a huge increase in hash power across the board for most coins, this is return makes the profitability of the coin's go down because of course the difficulty goes up.
2. The price of coins that we are farming haven't really gone up enough to combat these lower profits due to the increase in difficulty.
3. Stratum issues causing the stratum to get stuck on some switches. (the first two days the pool was down for a toal of 6 hours)
4. Our pool even with the stated issues above, has been on par with the other multipools, so it's not just our pool that is experiencing low payouts.
5. Just because you go to coinchoose/coinwarz and say "oh look I can make X amount in 24 hours mining this, it's so much better than hashcows!" That is not the case, there is too many factors to figure into it, price of the coin, difficulty changes, rejects, liquidity, etc. A perfect example would be a person that was in IRC just yesterday stated he tried to mine GDC for 24 hours, it resulted in him getting 1/3 of the payout stated on these sites.

What we can do is continue to work on and fix issues with coin-switching/stratum which we should have completed in 24/48 hours. Once this is complete we will take a look at each coin and evaluate the performance and then will add coins that need to be on the pool.

I would confidently say with us re-working the entire coin switching process and a re-evaluation of each coin and of course the addition of a few coins it will help us to continue to bring you a better return. Though with all that said, there is not much we can do to control the markets, and ultimately that has an affect on your payout.

Nearmiss or I will update everyone here the second we get some results from coin-switching/stratum testing.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What I've noticed that is most effecting payouts is this:

When I first started mining with hashcows, I was seeing payouts (per round) between .001-.009 (sometimes more, but not very often)... now I'm getting between .00006 and .0005. What caused this huge difference? I was never seeing 4 zero's after the decimal, now half the rounds are. And I've only been here for 2 weeks now.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Why would you think there are only two reasons that people would not have time to exchange coins?

I dont have time to mess about with all that, exchanging business all day for the $40-50 I may make doing this.  Its simply not worth my time messing about to make sure I get all the trades done at a decent rate or leave coins until the rates go up again.  For the $3-4 diference this may make to my daily "earnings", it is not worth my time.   But if a pool can get me an average return somewhere near the $40-50 I can make doing it manually, then they can have their 3% or whatever it is for doing this.

If the pool returns me only 50% of the $40-50 a day then although its still chump change, why should I contnue to support such a pool if it isn't working properly?

Im new to this coin mining thing as a bit of fun really. If it makes me enough for a couple of beers on Friday night then fine. If it ends up with me selling the 7990's on ebay, and making a loss, oh well - worth a gamble.  Doesn't mean that I want to bend over and take it from a pool that clearly isnt using my hardware to the best of its ability.

Ive only got a lowly 2800Khs.  I see some on a few of these pools that have 60-70,000Khs, thats  20x what I have.  If Im being shortchanged by this pool for $20 a day, these people are missing out on $400 a day. Not funny at all.
Activity: 235
I don't know why you'd use the exchange to btc feature anyways..  It's another fee on something you can easily do yourself and get more btc.  And if you tell me you don't have time to exchange your coins then clearly you either have a hash rate through the roof or you shouldn't be mining in the first place.  Since I joined this pool people whine about the btc they get.  Pages upon pages of it.  If its that big an issue for everyone then I vote to remove the exchange to btc function and be done with it.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I think it's time for me to switch to a new pool. My confirmed exchanged balance has been fairly accurate the past two days here, and if it's accurate now, then today is shaping up to be another very low payout. I'm going to continue to monitor this thread and the pool and hope things get better. in the meantime, I don't want to keep losing money.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Just FYI the "my estimated balances" for each round number appears to be very much understating reality.
Activity: 158
Not having great succss with this pool.  0.02 BTC per 24 hours with 2800 KH/s  Less than half what can be done by switching pools manually, and less than mining just one coin like WDC all the time.  Either there is some sort of scam here and somebody is taking half the coins mined, or this doesnt work.   Now looking for alternative pools as this is not doing what it is supposed to do.

I switched to middlecoin and made that in 48 hours with 700KH/s.  Hashcows also takes too long to exchange and update balances.  Something isn't right.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Not having great succss with this pool.  0.02 BTC per 24 hours with 2800 KH/s  Less than half what can be done by switching pools manually, and less than mining just one coin like WDC all the time.  Either there is some sort of scam here and somebody is taking half the coins mined, or this doesnt work.   Now looking for alternative pools as this is not doing what it is supposed to do.
Activity: 238
How much is the withdrawal fee, when I want to pay out my earned BTC to my wallet?

And do somebody use guiminer-scrypt v.0.04 and know how and where I can add a backup pool?

You just add strings at the end of the "Extra Flags" field like so:

--no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

Thanks Smiley
How can I test, if it works with my failover?

And how much is the fee for BTC, when I want to payout my earned BTC to my wallet?
Activity: 41
On the profits page we can see for the 13:
0.01 BTC / Mh/s
35.42$ / Mh/s

Can someone explain me the trick ?

If 0.01 BTC = 35.42$ this mean 1 BTC = 3542$ Huh?

In my opinion it is because, if you would mine 1BTC a day. And instead of that you mine with hashcows, there is a 20-30x profit and that day the BTC/MHS/s was 0.034 so this way it can be 35USD/MH/s. Those days the BTC was arount 1000$ Thats the trick
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
0.01 BTC / Mh/s
35.42$ / Mh/s

Look at it again - there is no USD / MHs for 2013-12-13, last is for 2013-12-05 and that day it was 0.034 BTC / MHs
Activity: 182
Last 2 days for me have been awful. Usually I get 0.012-0.015 a day, but struggled to get more than 0.003, perplexed and wondering if there are still issues?

Activity: 336
0.01 BTC / Mh/s
35.42$ / Mh/s

Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
Yeah aTriz, if you can magically make altcoins more profitable, that's be greatly appreciated by all. Thanks. :-)

+1 I demand more money
Activity: 224
I'm working on a fun solution now Smiley
Activity: 96
Yeah aTriz, if you can magically make altcoins more profitable, that's be greatly appreciated by all. Thanks. :-)
Activity: 43
shity payouts here to and crazy bad reject rate. switched to another pool doing so much better.
Activity: 54
Yeah, less than yesterday. 0.022 for 2.1MH/s. It was more on par with the profit chart, though. As opposed to yesterdays payouts being two thirds of what the profit chart said. I earned less from my failover today as well--0.0018 as opposed to yesterday's 0.006. I'm switching my failover to LiteGuardian as someone here suggested, since the coin-switch downtimes are probably too short for somewhere like Middlecoin.

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea how to better handle the algorithm to decide which coin to mine, but are the low profits because of our size as far as hashrate? We are overwhelming the network hashrate of each coin when we mine it, causing the difficulty to skyrocket, decreasing profitability, and causing the pool to switch to a new coin. At one point in the day, I noticed we'd switched coins every 8-10 minutes in nearly all of the 30 rounds displayed. I didn't see a single round that lasted over 20 minutes.
Activity: 224
Another low payout Sad

.009 yesterday and .008 today. With 950KH/s.

I was making more a few days ago with only 600KH/s. Not sure what's going on. I thought these issues were fixed.

These extended disconnects and pool down times are killing my payouts!

Cgminer 2.11.4.

Same here, really shitty payouts.
Activity: 126
Another low payout Sad

.009 yesterday and .008 today. With 950KH/s.

I was making more a few days ago with only 600KH/s. Not sure what's going on. I thought these issues were fixed.

These extended disconnects and pool down times are killing my payouts!

Cgminer 2.11.4.

Yup, .026 instead of ~.06 like usual. ~3000khs.

Also, how long does it take to pay out ANC? We have like 5 rounds of ANC that haven't matured/been traded and yet we continue to mine it.
Jump to: