Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 126. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
It's closer to working than it was 12 hours ago. Some stuff is still broken. Give it time guys.

Also, I believe the "my estimated earnings" for each round are still a bit off (I could be wrong though). Mine's saying I got paid out .0002 for round 5266 (about an hour mining DGC). I have 2600-odd khash. If that's accurate I'll be turning my rig off :-)

Thanks to the admins for the hard work - running this kind of site is not easy.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I'm also noticing really low profits on Hashcows. I heard the estimates recently were way off so I decided to wait and see.

Today on the front page of hashcows it says "MPORTANT NEWS: Round estimates as well as Est. Unexchanged and Confirmed Exhcanged numbers are back and should be fairly accurate."

My system does around 550 kh/s. Here's my stats from the last 6 rounds today.

5266   DGC   00:59:54   19   285.4   0   0           0.000046 BTC
5265   WDC   01:41:51   42   2335.49   1   55.6   0.000392 BTC
5264   CGB   00:06:06   19   11.88   0   0           0.000005 BTC
5263   SBC   00:17:59   77   1926.35   0   0   0.000097 BTC
5262   DGC   00:36:03   21   315.31   0   0   0.000019 BTC
5261   FST   00:25:57   120   3843.81   0   0   0.000063 BTC

These numbers are so low they don't make any sense.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Yeah ..even tho the news says it's working..i doubt it. my confirmed is half what it should be at my hash rate..and the unexchanged..thats very small still doesnt add up properly. no panic yet. let's wait for the payout.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I know the estimates have been off recently, but the latest news says it's correct (if it's chosen to convert to btc and has atleast 1 mature coin). But I am still seeing a few rounds that show 0 BTC even though they have been paid in full.

Ex:

5259   WDC   00:44:02   16   890.1   0   0   0. BTC
5258   FST   00:44:04   269   8614.81   0   0   0. BTC
5250   WDC   00:08:07   2   111.2   0   0   0. BTC
5249   FST   00:21:59   142   4547.8   1   32   0. BTC
5247   SBC   00:24:04   67   1676.65   0   0   0. BTC

It's making my confirmed balance lower than expected (I hope). I normally get .06 BTC/Day (although it really should be more with 3,000+Kh/s), and it's showing .03
Activity: 18
rob151515, this is very typical at pools. They do not pull the hashing rate of your computer directly into the site. Your hashing rate is calculated based upon the number of shares you submit in a certain amount of time. Hope this helps.

Yes I admit it I'm a newb! Tongue

Thanks for the explanation.
Activity: 28
rob151515, this is very typical at pools. They do not pull the hashing rate of your computer directly into the site. Your hashing rate is calculated based upon the number of shares you submit in a certain amount of time. Hope this helps.
Activity: 18
Is the current hash rate statistic accurate?

When I refresh the page it's usually reporting a hash rate of around 900 kh/s (at the moment it's saying 700 kh/s) but when I check cgminer it is sitting at a constant 1200 kh/s or above. The statistic goes up and down but it's usually reporting down near 800-900 more so than up at 1200...
Activity: 224
Have you even read this page of the thread?

You just can't help some people...

Seriously.
any has experience with hashco.ws, that it's more profitable than normal litecoin mining?

You can view the profit graph here.
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
any has experience with hashco.ws, that it's more profitable than normal litecoin mining?
Activity: 98
So my comment about Confirmed Exchanged balances being fixed was wrong, as you can see they are still reporting 0.   I fixed the original issue with it, but that was masking the fact there was a secondary problem, which I will look at this morning.

Regarding the Est. Unexchanged number plummeting for people, this is because we had some large backlog over the last number of days (mostly because of exchange issues on a few markets), those past rounds were cleaned up before last nights payout, we now have very few rounds being carried forward, so the Est. Unexchanged should remain somewhat low (unless/until we are backed up again).   I also noticed a couple of the very old TAG rounds from the fork probelm days where being incorrectly incorporated into some people's Est. Unexchanged number, which I've since cleaned up, given those rounds can never be paid out.

There should *never* be decreased to your "Confirmed Balance" (the one that only shows up on your Coin Balances page) unless you receive a cashout/auto-threshold payment from the site.   That is how much BTC you have in your site account, and is not impacted by any recent display issues with the estimated numbers.   If you believe there are any errors in your actual "Confirmed Balance"  you need to contact us via emal, pm, or on irc so we can take a closer look.

I appreciate everyone being patient while we work through the issues the last number of days.

For the sake of spreading news more efficiently you might consider putting all news announcements on a twitter feed on the mining page. Cryptsy screws up most things but I do appreciate that they do that with the service disruption news.
Activity: 90
To anyone asking questions about anything to do with estimated or unexchanged earnings:

Wait till 11pm EST after mining for 24h with the cows, see what you get, then come and ask questions. Everything else until the payout time is frankly meaningless as there is a lot of back-end to it that is variable.

I must say though, 2.5% is high for a pool with unreliabilities and somewhat unstable payouts. I think you guys should lower it by 1% at the least because just the coin switching alone takes ~5% off of our mining earnings already. That, or hurry up and get the second stratum server up (and announce it and describe how to use for those that are new so to avoid complaints/questions).

Btw, whereabouts are you guys located geographically? Need any help with anything?
The new message reads:
"the 'My Est. Earnings' per round currently only works for coins you exchange for BTC. It will also only start displaying, once we have at least 1 mature coin for that round"
But it still shows 0 btc for most rounds for me, even if there are mature coins.

As long as you see mature coins, we're good.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The new message reads:
"the 'My Est. Earnings' per round currently only works for coins you exchange for BTC. It will also only start displaying, once we have at least 1 mature coin for that round"
But it still shows 0 btc for most rounds for me, even if there are mature coins.
Activity: 380
Have you even read this page of the thread?

You just can't help some people...
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Is something up with the reports? I've been mining for over 24 hours and showing a balance of 0.01 BTC... at other switching pools I would be over 0.05 now..
I suggest a percentage for withdraw fees instead of a fixed amount!!

That because is highly variable for earnings

sometines withdraw fees are 10%, another a 30% 50% or even more

Do you withdraw amounts as small as BTC0.0002? You shouldn't do that.
Activity: 13
I suggest a percentage for withdraw fees instead of a fixed amount!!

That because is highly variable for earnings

sometines withdraw fees are 10%, another a 30% 50% or even more
Activity: 448
So my comment about Confirmed Exchanged balances being fixed was wrong, as you can see they are still reporting 0.   I fixed the original issue with it, but that was masking the fact there was a secondary problem, which I will look at this morning.

Regarding the Est. Unexchanged number plummeting for people, this is because we had some large backlog over the last number of days (mostly because of exchange issues on a few markets), those past rounds were cleaned up before last nights payout, we now have very few rounds being carried forward, so the Est. Unexchanged should remain somewhat low (unless/until we are backed up again).   I also noticed a couple of the very old TAG rounds from the fork probelm days where being incorrectly incorporated into some people's Est. Unexchanged number, which I've since cleaned up, given those rounds can never be paid out.

There should *never* be decreased to your "Confirmed Balance" (the one that only shows up on your Coin Balances page) unless you receive a cashout/auto-threshold payment from the site.   That is how much BTC you have in your site account, and is not impacted by any recent display issues with the estimated numbers.   If you believe there are any errors in your actual "Confirmed Balance"  you need to contact us via emal, pm, or on irc so we can take a closer look.

I appreciate everyone being patient while we work through the issues the last number of days.
I have a question for the FAQ (even though this may be the first and only time it's ever asked): Why is the browser tab icon for hashco.ws an uppercase B?

uhm, I'm not sure what you mean Sad

nearmiss and aTriz, maybe you guys should consider putting together a more comprehensive FAQ section so that all of the questions people ask repeatedly can be somewhere quickly accessible and you can just point us there.

What else shall we add to the FAQ? I will get on it and update it soon. Could use some more suggestions, I know the first thing is add a exact time for payouts and a link to the past pool profits.

Anything else?

aTriz, I think what I was getting at is that a lot of people seem to have the same questions over and over again. I would try to add as many of them to the FAQ as possible. For instance, people keep getting "disconnected" from the pool when it's nothing more than the pool switching coins. Also, people have lots of questions about the payouts (especially new people). I know from being here a while that I'm getting every last satoshi from this site but to someone joining this site, they might not see that some days run over onto other days. I know that I get 0.03 BTC some days and others I get astronomical numbers (0.12 BTC). And yes, a link to the profits page would be great. I know where to go because I've read every single post on the forum but others might not have done the same. Hope this helps!
Jump to: