Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 125. (Read 347329 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I heard about this recently and decided to give it a try. The profitability charts looked really nice, for example. Anyway, here's my 24-hour review of Hash Cows vs. Litecoin. I'm going to keep it going for another day, but so far things aren't looking all that good compared to other mining options.

"every time they switch coins, my miners all seem to swap over to my secondary pool for several minutes"

did you use cgminer <= 3.5.0?
if not, you should redo your tests.

Why is that?

because >3.5.0 has a delay of 5 minutes when a pools fails, thus you loose a lot of mining on hashcows, due to coin switches.
earlier versions have a much shorter delay, so are more suited to multicoin pool mining.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
I heard about this recently and decided to give it a try. The profitability charts looked really nice, for example. Anyway, here's my 24-hour review of Hash Cows vs. Litecoin. I'm going to keep it going for another day, but so far things aren't looking all that good compared to other mining options.

"every time they switch coins, my miners all seem to swap over to my secondary pool for several minutes"

Why is that?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris

We had a bad day that day down on the farm. Do a longer test pl
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 482
Merit: 500
Activity: 392
is all altcoins integrated?
if not, please add all the new ones
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
aTriz/nearmiss, any plans to mine TAG again?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
its never had an impact on your actual payouts.  

Being disconnected for hours at a time will certainly affect the payout...

Please re-read what he said and then you can retract your statement Smiley

"One thing to keep in mind, is that despite the craziness with the estimates, its never had an impact on your actual payouts."
Activity: 294
its never had an impact on your actual payouts. 

Being disconnected for hours at a time will certainly affect the payout...
Activity: 448
Updates:

Estimated Unexchanged is mostly accurate (its an estimate after all), Confirmed Unexchanged is still having issues.  Round by Round Estimates work, but with a few caveats to be fixed up (Only works for BTC, only updates after we have at least 1 matured block, and rounds that have been paid out get wiped to 0 after daily payout).   However I've put that on the backburner for the immediate future.  I'm currently working on addressing both the cause of the downtime earlier today, as well as making coin switches much smoother.  I think both issues have a much more direct impact on everyone's profitability, and are more important to get sorted out asap.   Once this is addressed, I'll revisit getting the estimated stats cleaned up while we review the results of the switching fixes, after which the next thing on the agenda is the 2nd stratum server.

I appreciate everyone's patience while we sort through some of these growing pains.  One thing to keep in mind, is that despite the craziness with the estimates, its never had an impact on your actual payouts. 

Once at least the first 2 of the above issues are behind us, we'll have some reduced fee periods for everyone.

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
My payout with a steady 2.2 Mhash was 0.0265 BTC.  That's a BTC/Mh of 0.012, vs the profit page's declaration of 0.019...

66% efficiency between stales, rejects, and disconnections...no bueno...

Might need to go back to LTC at this rate.

I've been on this pool since it started and it's been more considerably profitable than LTC over that time. If you want to jump ship after 1 or 2 days at least I won't have to read your posts anymore.

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
My payout was 0.027 BTC tonight, which was consistent with the confirmed exchanged balance this time. 2.1MH/s the past 24 hours, so I guess today just wasn't as profitable. Although, there were enough disconnections last night and today that I managed to also earn 0.06 BTC at middlecoin, my failover.

So you made more on the failover?

AGH, good catch. Missed a zero. I made 0.006 at Middlecoin.
Activity: 9
My payout with a steady 2.2 Mhash was 0.0265 BTC.  That's a BTC/Mh of 0.012, vs the profit page's declaration of 0.019...

66% efficiency between stales, rejects, and disconnections...no bueno...

Might need to go back to LTC at this rate.
Activity: 18
My payout was 0.027 BTC tonight, which was consistent with the confirmed exchanged balance this time. 2.1MH/s the past 24 hours, so I guess today just wasn't as profitable. Although, there were enough disconnections last night and today that I managed to also earn 0.06 BTC at middlecoin, my failover.

So you made more on the failover?
Activity: 54
Activity: 294
hmm another day with low payouts :/ 950-1000Kh/s, up for the past 3 days or so (if you count sitting idle while hascows has been down and having frequent disconnects). no changes to MY uptime/hashrate is what i mean.

day before yest - .00786574
yesterday .01764072
today... .00986423

what i got yesterday is about what i *should* be seeing.

making me feel uneasy about this if it doesnt settle down soon. everyone's in this to make money. can you really blame people for wondering whats going on or considering jumping ship if things dont turn around fast?
Activity: 13
I believe it isn't the actual payouts themselves that are causing people to worry as such, it's the fact that we don't really know what is going on, and more to the point whether the information we are being displayed is accurate. For the past couple of days it just seems to be all over the place, but I (as I'm sure everyone else does) appreciate the work you guys are doing and it is great that you are are giving us daily updates and keeping us in the loop! It makes times like this much less stressful for us (but probably more stressful for you guys!) Tongue
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold
just curious, but everything seemed to be working fine just a few days ago, what caused all the numbers to all the sudden become inaccurate and the domino effect to follow?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
We have been working non stop to fix the few issues we are seeing with stratum and the estimates.

I will say this time and time again multipool, auto-trading pools will see huge variance in payouts, due to so many factors. The whole point of this pool is you have the option to keep the coin and trade it for BTC, this will usually result in better results, though if you want to be lazy and auto trade the coins expect great pay out days where we crush the return on LTC, days where we are about even with LTC, and even a few days right below LTC. Though currently if you were to farm LTC you get ~$11.60 a day, we have been more profitable than that by far lately.

So even with our current problems, you are still seeing pretty decent returns. It's not a cover up or an excuse I'm just stating hang in there while we work to better the payouts and you're whole experience with hashcows.
Activity: 13
It's closer to working than it was 12 hours ago. Some stuff is still broken. Give it time guys.

Also, I believe the "my estimated earnings" for each round are still a bit off (I could be wrong though). Mine's saying I got paid out .0002 for round 5266 (about an hour mining DGC). I have 2600-odd khash. If that's accurate I'll be turning my rig off :-)

Thanks to the admins for the hard work - running this kind of site is not easy.

Same here, round 5266 paid 0.000129 BTC and I have 2000Kh/s
Jump to: