Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 123. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Any other that didn't got any payout for the 13/12-13 ?

Payout Ledger for user: karlog
Round #   Coin   Address   Type   Amount   Fee   Donated   Time
5272   btc      AT_Credit   0.01195586   0.00030656   0   2013-12-12 23:04:25
5225   btc      AT_Credit   0.01446611   0.00037093   0   2013-12-11 23:01:25

the time is now 01:05.. have they chanced the payout time?

It isn't 23:00 yet. They haven't paid out for the 13th yet since we're about 3 hours away from payout as of this post

AFAIK payout is at 23:00 EST, so its up to You to find out when it will be in Your timezone. We live all around the world, You see? http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/est.html

Yea put as i posted, that i normally get payed around 23:01 but i didn't receive payment from yesterday, so that is why im asking. I made the post more that 2h later than normal payment, so its not just a small server lag. Not the clock in europe is 04:24 and still no payment. Think that i must send admin a pm :-/

Hope that they soon get the new server op and running, so we can get better profit(by less down time) :-)
You had already gotten your payment for the day you had asked, that's the point we're trying to make.  I'm in the US eastern time zone, it's just after midnight 12/14 today.  We won't see the 12/14 payments post til about 23 hours from now.  The payment for the day when you posted it was the 12/12 payment, it was still early for the 12/13 payment
Activity: 294
Another low payout Sad

.009 yesterday and .008 today. With 950KH/s.

I was making more a few days ago with only 600KH/s. Not sure what's going on. I thought these issues were fixed.

These extended disconnects and pool down times are killing my payouts!

Cgminer 2.11.4.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
Stratum disconnect is normal when coins change.  Make sure you don't run anything newer than cgminer 3.5.0 as they added a 5 minute delay for fail-over that could lead to you mining your backup or maybe nothing for up to 5 minutes even though hash cows only dropped out for 10-20 seconds to switch coins.
Thanks, but i'm using 2.11.4 and still getting extended disconnects. I check the stats page, and we're still mining the same coin.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
I've found that I occasionally get a much smaller hash rate than my actual one displaying on the website.  For example, multiminer is reporting 230 - 250 khs, but hashcows has thought I've been 50 - 100 for the last two days.

I really want to keep mining here, so can anyone give me any ideas on why this might be?  Thanks!

kh/s on your side does not matter at all when it comes to being paid. All pools pay you for how many shares you actually submit back to them, not the rate you are trying to figure them out.  On pools when they quote your kh/s it really is your shares submitted divided by time. In cgminer this is the display variable U, which is in two places- one for each card and then totaled at the top combining all. Your share submission also varies a lot with luck, and even temperature. On one rig I have two 5850s each mining at 350kh/s. One is submitting at 1.67 and the other at just 1.6. You can slightly tweek how many shares your cards submit by keeping them as cool as possible, using proper thread concurrency, or even lowering gpu ram voltage (which is different from card voltage, which you should run as low as possible as well for cooling and electric savings).
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

It isn't 23:00 yet. They haven't paid out for the 13th yet since we're about 3 hours away from payout as of this post

AFAIK payout is at 23:00 EST, so its up to You to find out when it will be in Your timezone. We live all around the world, You see? http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/est.html

Yea put as i posted, that i normally get payed around 23:01 but i didn't receive payment from yesterday, so that is why im asking. I made the post more that 2h later than normal payment, so its not just a small server lag. Not the clock in europe is 04:24 and still no payment. Think that i must send admin a pm :-/

Hope that they soon get the new server op and running, so we can get better profit(by less down time) :-)

You get paid at 23:00 Eastern United States time. So at 5:00 European time.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Stratum disconnect is normal when coins change.  Make sure you don't run anything newer than cgminer 3.5.0 as they added a 5 minute delay for fail-over that could lead to you mining your backup or maybe nothing for up to 5 minutes even though hash cows only dropped out for 10-20 seconds to switch coins.

I like liteguardian as my backup since it's PPS and vardiff you can get a bunch of small shares submitted and payed out immediately while hashcows is prepping work on another coin.

Hi, i've been trying to mine for a few days now, but after the stats came back, i started to get regular stratum timeouts, which completely knocks out my miner and cannot get new blocks to mine.  

Is this one of those issues that will be addressed with the new stratum server?  i'll keep watching hashcows, but will wait until the service is more reliable before committing more resources.  i've only started mining, but i've already lost dozens of shares due to stratum disconnect.

Activity: 476
I´ve got a picture! Haha!

Activity: 266

Activity: 13
I've found that I occasionally get a much smaller hash rate than my actual one displaying on the website.  For example, multiminer is reporting 230 - 250 khs, but hashcows has thought I've been 50 - 100 for the last two days.

I really want to keep mining here, so can anyone give me any ideas on why this might be?  Thanks!

The hash rate displayed on the website is just an estimate based on how many shares you've submitted in the current round. It isn't really important; if your mining software is reporting 230-250kh/s and you have no hardware errors and a small amount of rejects then everything is fine.
Activity: 26

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
Hi, i've been trying to mine for a few days now, but after the stats came back, i started to get regular stratum timeouts, which completely knocks out my miner and cannot get new blocks to mine.  

Is this one of those issues that will be addressed with the new stratum server?  i'll keep watching hashcows, but will wait until the service is more reliable before committing more resources.  i've only started mining, but i've already lost dozens of shares due to stratum disconnect.

Activity: 66

Activity: 98
Can anyone who has a better understanding on how profitability is calculated explain to beginners like me ? I assume it's not as simple as value of the coin relative to BTC and difficulty of the coin. I'm having trouble understanding how it works..I check the last rounds and it seems pretty obvious that certain coins never yield more than 0.0000xx (4 zeroes) whereas others yield 0.000xxx (3 zeroes) for the same amount of time. (and for my 950 kh). I also understand there's a luck factor involved..however I dont see why we would switch from a coin producing say 0.000xxx in 1 hour to 0.0000xx in the same period of time..can't we keep on rolling on that one ? What changed so that the algorithm decided that the 2nd coin is better?

thanks in advance..im just trying to understand how it works

The other major factor is that difficulty is constantly changing across all coins. Litecoin adjusts every 2016 blocks which means roughly every 3.5 days at a fixed hash rate. 720 blocks is popular with some coins which can lead to a 6 hour expected adjustment rate for a 30 second coin. Plenty of other coins have adjustment rates in the double digits, which can go pretty fast if their target block times are low. On top of this you have the simple fact that pools like this and profit switchers in general pile on a coin if its profitability spikes (because difficulty dropped usually). This can cause the average time per block to decrease to less than half of what the target time is until the next difficulty adjustment occurs and slows down the rate by increasing difficulty (lowering profitability). This causes all the fair weather miners (like us) to abandon that coin in search of the next most profitable opportunity.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Can anyone who has a better understanding on how profitability is calculated explain to beginners like me ? I assume it's not as simple as value of the coin relative to BTC and difficulty of the coin. I'm having trouble understanding how it works..I check the last rounds and it seems pretty obvious that certain coins never yield more than 0.0000xx (4 zeroes) whereas others yield 0.000xxx (3 zeroes) for the same amount of time. (and for my 950 kh). I also understand there's a luck factor involved..however I dont see why we would switch from a coin producing say 0.000xxx in 1 hour to 0.0000xx in the same period of time..can't we keep on rolling on that one ? What changed so that the algorithm decided that the 2nd coin is better?

You have the answer in your post. Luck.

Activity: 19

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
A small suggestion.

Would you consider switching the profitability value based off litecoin instead of bitcoin? It makes it much more relevant.
Activity: 9
How much is the withdrawal fee, when I want to pay out my earned BTC to my wallet?

And do somebody use guiminer-scrypt v.0.04 and know how and where I can add a backup pool?

You just add strings at the end of the "Extra Flags" field like so:

--no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -o stratum+tcp://stratum.give-me-ltc.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD
Activity: 380
I heard about this recently and decided to give it a try. The profitability charts looked really nice, for example. Anyway, here's my 24-hour review of Hash Cows vs. Litecoin. I'm going to keep it going for another day, but so far things aren't looking all that good compared to other mining options.

Mine for a week and update your review - you can tell from the graph that one or two days isn't going to give you any real information.
Activity: 19
i know i've read somewhere that you can add extra flags for backup pool. i assume you can just do the regular -u username -p pass -o URL:port. not sure tho.

why not change to cgminer? once you get the hang of it..much easier to configure
Jump to: