Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 150. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
instead of this setup:

Round #   Coin   Length   Mature Blocks   Mature Coins   Immature Blocks   Immature Coins   Coins Paid Out   Coins for Auto-Trade   My Est. Earnings

3326      ANC              0                 0                 21                       105.9                   0                      0            0.000003000

could we get same setup basically EXCEPT have what we actually mined  or maybe just add in 1 column with how many shares we mined(setup example in Red).

Round #   Coin   Length   Mature Blocks   Mature Coins   Immature Blocks   Immature Coins   Coins Paid Out   Coins for Auto-Trade   My Est. Earnings    My Shares Mined

3326      ANC              0                 0                 21                       105.9                   0                      0            0.000003000                    10

I have a request for a modification to the user ledger.
When I choose to keep a coin and not auto-trade it, this will flood my user ledger because there will be an entry for every time a block is confirmed for that coin. Since the user ledger is only one page and I can not go to older pages, I lose all my transaction history this way.
I would like to see that the user ledger would be separated for every coin (to be selected by tabs or by a pulldown box).
Also it would be a good idea to put all earnings of 1 round into 1 line, not per confirmed block, or have the possibility to see older transactions that are not on the page.

Any New news regarding these possible changes to website? With some of these fast coins that 1 page disappears quickly.

I would like to see the changes too.

Nearmiss is currently fighting off a case of the "sickies" (his son got him sick!) so were a little backed up at the moment, but when we get caught up with it all, you got it.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Your intensity dramaticly affects the stability of your rig..  So does temperature.  If its stable at the lower intensity I suggest staying there.. However if you have a card where you can lower the voltage on it, I will tell you that it dramaticly decreases heat and increases stability.  Defaults on my msi 7950 voltage were 1.188 and I run them at 1.050 with a higher intensity now.  A well tweaked bat file makes all the difference as well as good hardware.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

I'm wondering about the TAG coin maturity time.  I noticed that they fell off of the "past round pool stats" ledger before they matured,  and wanted to know how long it takes for us to get credit for TAG coin.  

Welcome!  TAG takes 200 confirms to mature.   So it certainly drags on.  Generally speaking we've always got past rounds rolling in as we wait for current ones, given we've been mining it for quite awhile now, and hit it somewhat often.  

200 confirms....not really sure what that means in terms of an average time-frame,  can you elaborate on that?

Also,  I had a couple of questions in regards to TAG and rig stability. Have you heard of any reports of it causing problems?  I had a hard lockup on Friday night and pretty sure that the round was on TAG when it happened,  although I didn't actually record any info,  figuring that perhaps I needed to lower intensity.
So I lowered my intensity from 19 to 18 to see if that would happen again or not. (And also to see if it would reduce stales at the same time.) I made no other changes to the config.
It seemed to run ok for the rest of the night and all day today, and then earlier this evening I noticed that my reported hashrate was not increasing after switching coins, even after about ten minutes, so I went down to check the rig and noticed that my cards were cool,  and although cgminer seemed to be running,  it was spitting out a bunch of odd messages in regards to lost shares and so forth, and was not responsive to keystroke inputs.  I rebooted the machine at around 8:50 E.S.T. in N.A. .  This problem seemed to occur during round # 4164,  which happened to be a TAG coin round.  Not sure if that was coincidental, or something with my config, or what exactly caused the issues,  although for the most part, I've been running pretty smoothly with my config on your pool,  and without issue on middlecoin with the same config.  I can PM you my worker info if you are willing to take a look on your end, if you think that there is anything to it or can lend any insight on what might have happened.

Weird,  it happened again earlier today where cgminer would run really slowly and produce lost share messages,  and not be responsive to "q". It was not on tagcoin this time,  it was on a different one.  I was able to eliminate processor and system memory overloads as culprits,  and my network connection was ok.

So I thought that perhaps that  my thread concurrency was too high, causing gpu memory overload,  so I dropped it from 24K to the next-lowest appropriate number for my card,  so we will see how that goes...

Also,  any insight on how many days it takes to get credit for TAG coins?

It would be good for each individual user to be able to see how many immature coins are waiting to be credited to them once they fall off of the ledger.  

Edit:  I was typing this with some new info as you responded....I'm actually using Windows 8, I don't really know  how to use linux.  I have been keeping the monitor shut off except when I check cgminer,  I'm not sure if the monitor still uses resources while it is off,  or if it has to be totally unplugged to free them up,  but I do keep it off 99% of the time.  I use a netbook to watch what is going on through your website in regards to my account. Then if I notice a problem,  I go down and actually check the rig through its own monitor.

I:20 seems to lead to a lot more stales,  and I:19 a few more stales, as compared to I:18, while the hashrate will only drop a couple hundred total across six cards with the lower intensity.  Temps go down by 3 to 5 degrees as well, so I kind of like running at the lower intensity.  

Activity: 200
instead of this setup:

Round #   Coin   Length   Mature Blocks   Mature Coins   Immature Blocks   Immature Coins   Coins Paid Out   Coins for Auto-Trade   My Est. Earnings

3326      ANC              0                 0                 21                       105.9                   0                      0            0.000003000

could we get same setup basically EXCEPT have what we actually mined  or maybe just add in 1 column with how many shares we mined(setup example in Red).

Round #   Coin   Length   Mature Blocks   Mature Coins   Immature Blocks   Immature Coins   Coins Paid Out   Coins for Auto-Trade   My Est. Earnings    My Shares Mined

3326      ANC              0                 0                 21                       105.9                   0                      0            0.000003000                    10

When I choose to keep a coin and not auto-trade it, this will flood my user ledger because there will be an entry for every time a block is confirmed for that coin. Since the user ledger is only one page and I can not go to older pages, I lose all my transaction history this way.
I would like to see that the user ledger would be separated for every coin (to be selected by tabs or by a pulldown box).
Also it would be a good idea to put all earnings of 1 round into 1 line, not per confirmed block, or have the possibility to see older transactions that are not on the page.

Any New news regarding these possible changes to website? With some of these fast coins that 1 page disappears quickly.

I would like to see the changes too.

I'm wondering about the TAG coin maturity time.  I noticed that they fell off of the "past round pool stats" ledger before they matured,  and wanted to know how long it takes for us to get credit for TAG coin.   

Also,  I had a couple of questions in regards to TAG and rig stability. Have you heard of any reports of it causing problems?  I had a hard lockup on Friday night and pretty sure that the round was on TAG when it happened,  although I didn't actually record any info,  figuring that perhaps I needed to lower intensity.
So I lowered my intensity from 19 to 18 to see if that would happen again or not. (And also to see if it would reduce stales at the same time.) I made no other changes to the config.

Are you using a BAMT or Linux setup?  FYI, consider using BAMT, putting the machine headless or attach a monitor but don't use it and leave intensity @ 20 for all cards.  Use RDP to remote into the PC and it will perform much faster.  If you use the monitor for output, your intensity needs to be lowered to 18 or less to gain some control back on the screen.  Using RDP, Intensity can stay @ 20 and screen refresh is still fast since it is not going over the vid card.
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold
instead of this setup:

Activity: 235
Well I've been using multipool for the longest time, and while I'll still mine there, it seems they've gone BTC crazy.  This seems a good place to stop and graze for a while.  Only have 2 Mhashes but your grass looks greener Smiley

I'm wondering about the TAG coin maturity time.  I noticed that they fell off of the "past round pool stats" ledger before they matured,  and wanted to know how long it takes for us to get credit for TAG coin.   

Welcome!  TAG takes 200 confirms to mature.   So it certainly drags on.  Generally speaking we've always got past rounds rolling in as we wait for current ones, given we've been mining it for quite awhile now, and hit it somewhat often. 

200 confirms....not really sure what that means in terms of an average time-frame,  can you elaborate on that?

Also,  I had a couple of questions in regards to TAG and rig stability. Have you heard of any reports of it causing problems?  I had a hard lockup on Friday night and pretty sure that the round was on TAG when it happened,  although I didn't actually record any info,  figuring that perhaps I needed to lower intensity.
It seemed to run ok for the rest of the night and all day today, and then earlier this evening I noticed that my reported hashrate was not increasing after switching coins, even after about ten minutes, so I went down to check the rig and noticed that my cards were cool,  and although cgminer seemed to be running,  it was spitting out a bunch of odd messages in regards to lost shares and so forth, and was not responsive to keystroke inputs.  I rebooted the machine at around 8:50 E.S.T. in N.A. .  This problem seemed to occur during round # 4164,  which happened to be a TAG coin round.  Not sure if that was coincidental, or something with my config, or what exactly caused the issues,  although for the most part, I've been running pretty smoothly with my config on your pool,  and without issue on middlecoin with the same config.  I can PM you my worker info if you are willing to take a look on your end, if you think that there is anything to it or can lend any insight on what might have happened.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Hey guys,  I hooked up to the pool a couple days ago in order to run a "head-to-head" comparison of hashcows vs. middlecoin.   I ran over there for a number of days once I got my rig tuned as efficiently as I could get it,  and since I'm currently able to watch another users hashrate and payout over there that is basically the same as mine, I'm thinking that I should be able to somewhat accurately extrapolate if there are any major differences between payouts.  I'm just going for everything exchanged to bitcoin here to keep things simple.
I can say already that I am noticing "a lot" of GW errors here, versus none there,  so an NA server would probably help.  I'm assuming that they are in NA,  I don't even know. Anyway,  here is my question of the day.

Welcome!  TAG takes 200 confirms to mature.   So it certainly drags on.  Generally speaking we've always got past rounds rolling in as we wait for current ones, given we've been mining it for quite awhile now, and hit it somewhat often. 
Hey guys,  I hooked up to the pool a couple days ago in order to run a "head-to-head" comparison of hashcows vs. middlecoin.   I ran over there for a number of days once I got my rig tuned as efficiently as I could get it,  and since I'm currently able to watch another users hashrate and payout over there that is basically the same as mine, I'm thinking that I should be able to somewhat accurately extrapolate if there are any major differences between payouts.  I'm just going for everything exchanged to bitcoin here to keep things simple.
I can say already that I am noticing "a lot" of GW errors here, versus none there,  so an NA server would probably help.  I'm assuming that they are in NA,  I don't even know. Anyway,  here is my question of the day.

nearmiss, looks like BBQCoin is the hot coin of the second.  Thoughts on integrating it, Anoncoin, etc?

We attempted to add BBQCoin, but we couldn't get it to work with our stratum fork. Something we can look into deeper though as we always want to keep bringing you guys the best possible payouts.

I believe our current rotation is pretty darn profitable as you can see on the $ per MH chart, best we have ever seen! Smiley

Mooooo
Activity: 373
Looks like the pool is down at the moment.. Sad
Irc or private message one of us Smiley

sorry about the delay
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
what is the best way to contact support? sent two emails in the past week and have not got any response.
I'm going to start cleaning up some old coins we no longer mine.  If you currently have a balance of these coins, I urge you to cash out asap.  In a couple of days they will be removed from the site completely (we can recover and send out balances after this point if needed, within a reasonable timeframe).  The following coins are affected:

ALF
KGC
CSC
EMD
GDC
SXC
GLD
HBN
DMD
STR
GME
ADT

All of the above were mined at some point, but actual profitability results didn't live up to the formulas once coins were exchanged.  Most haven't  been actively mined in some time.   Any questions or concerns just ask.
I would recommend disabling it instead... You never know, it may get active again....

The backend structure to support them will remain in place, but the daemons will be shut down (which is the main reason it will disappear from the site).  Should they become profitable again it will just be a matter of catching up on the blockchain.
I'm going to start cleaning up some old coins we no longer mine.  If you currently have a balance of these coins, I urge you to cash out asap.  In a couple of days they will be removed from the site completely (we can recover and send out balances after this point if needed, within a reasonable timeframe).  The following coins are affected:

ALF
KGC
CSC
EMD
GDC
SXC
GLD
HBN
DMD
STR
GME
ADT

All of the above were mined at some point, but actual profitability results didn't live up to the formulas once coins were exchanged.  Most haven't  been actively mined in some time.   Any questions or concerns just ask.
I would recommend disabling it instead... You never know, it may get active again....

ALF
KGC
CSC
EMD
GDC
SXC
GLD
HBN
DMD
STR
GME
ADT

Activity: 93
Are the cows ok? I'm getting massive reject/stale rates (up to 100%!). Maybe it's my rigs but it only started today.
USD chart updated, looking good in USD/Mh/s terms.  Also note the btc price we use for that is http://www.coindesk.com/price/  which is somewhat on the low end (imo).

Swiftshoot, not quite sure what you are asking, do you mean in terms of payout earned?  If so, each individual share submitted has its diff as well, and you get paid based on that.  If you just mean the change in difficulty vardiff gives you, its somewhat based in the previous one, in that you are limited in how much you can change up or down from your previous, but thats the only link, they are otherwise unrelated.
Question about Vardiff.

Are each Share's Vardiff calculated or is it the last Vardiff value?

example,

50 @ 32 diff
20 @ 600 diff
3 @ 1000 diff
12 @ 400 diff
coin change.

So, are the diffs calculated on the last vardiff value or are they calculated separately?

last diff = 85 * 400 diff = 34000 shares
individually = 50*32 + 20*600 + 3*1000 + 12*400 = 21400 shares
Jump to: