Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon! - page 18. (Read 90803 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 524
Yes!
So is this coin (PYC) going to change to the "new" paycoin (XPY)Huh

GAW said they bought the copyrights to "PayCoin"
Is this true??
be aware man.this coin doesn't have anything related to GAW paycoin.the ticker for the gaw paycoin will be XPY and it will not be available to trade at cryptsy.it will be available only on paybase for the moment and will be launched the next week.  

So what?

The speculation is that the new paycoin devs will buy out the old paycoins so that only one Paycoin exists.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Is this true??
be aware man.this coin doesn't have anything related to GAW paycoin.the ticker for the gaw paycoin will be XPY and it will not be available to trade at cryptsy.it will be available only on paybase for the moment and will be launched the next week. 
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Is this true??

Yes this is 100% true. GAW bought all the rights for Paycoin [PYC] that is beeing traded on Cryptsy. Tonight Public ICO for Paycoin starts. So get over to Cryptsy and get some PYC as long as the price is low. We are expecting $20 per PYC after Public ICO.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Dead? Hardly, mining away and minting too... So, there is now a pre-art PayCoin in Existance, and coming back to life, one miner at a time...
i encrypted my wallet and now it's say locked and not sync, good coin!  Shocked how to unlock?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Dead? Hardly, mining away and minting too... So, there is now a pre-art PayCoin in Existance, and coming back to life, one miner at a time...
THIS ISN'T THE GAW PAYCOIN, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!
IT'S ONLY A DEAD COIN
legendary
Activity: 2198
https://web.archive.org/web/20140214025343/http://www.paycoin.co/download/

Thank goodness for the WAYBACK MACHINE!

The wallet lives on.

For fun and giggles I DL the client and its syncing up! lol
THX for the link, pretty cool site!
legendary
Activity: 2198
I'm not so sure about the paycoin(GAW) concept, sounds all good, almost to good lol... hmmm ? only really now studying up on it and forming an opinion and whether or not to participate. At first glance it seem centralized, reminds a bit of the hype surrounding blackcoin and the debit cards for it, and the acceptance through use of coinkite etc.... so how's that going so far?

I think if you pump enough money into something, promise the moon and get ico investors on board and sell enough cloud mining contracts you can surely paint a pretty picture for any coin with dreams of being the next bitcoin or beyond... BUT , seems to have that smell of just any other coin that showed promise of becoming the future of crypto currency, only with a lot more money pumped in to it.

Needless to say I am skeptical. Only time will tell. The crypto highway is littered with a lot of "what if" coin concepts... none of which could even come close to dominating bitcoin. So I just don't see it here with paycoin (GAW) yet  Grin

Good luck!
https://web.archive.org/web/20140214025343/http://www.paycoin.co/download/

Thank goodness for the WAYBACK MACHINE!

The wallet lives on.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I think its funny hoe people start hating.

I have nothing but greetings to say about gawminers and i have used a lot of there products. I have even revived returns that we re caused by changes in the market that they could never have anticipated but hurt miners. I look forward to watching both paycoins, and will be holder of both.
please reupload the wallet
Someone please post alternative download for Paycoin101-QT.zip

I want this to fuck with GAW so badly... Someone has to have a copy... PM me with it...
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
the best thing what could happen would be to get this back up and rolling, what is going on with this coin at the moment, so its on cryptsy being traded, what else. I would like to see this original paycoin instead of a GAW copy cat.

Without money and a competent dev not much can be done.

Maybe someone whale who hates the scammer homeros garza will buy up a ton of PayCoin just to put up a fight and stop him from launching his stolen coin.  That's the best chance for PayCoin other than maybe attracting a good dev given everyone will know the name PayCoin soon.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
the best thing what could happen would be to get this back up and rolling, what is going on with this coin at the moment, so its on cryptsy being traded, what else. I would like to see this original paycoin instead of a GAW copy cat.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
CEO seems dishonest. Has plenty of detractors, many complaints all over here and reddit. My guess is he wants to confuse potential suckers into buying his failcoin, take the money, then run and hide before the walls come tumbling down.
Beware this scam.

The more I read about GAWminers CEO the more I think he's an outright thief and conman.  I read his name is not even Josh, it's Homeros Garza.  Fake name just like the Moolah scammer?

So it's not surprising such a loser would steal the name of a pre-existing coin, like. PayCoin.

These guys will all end up in prison once retroactive laws are made for the crypto industry.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
where do i get a wallet for this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
CEO seems dishonest. Has plenty of detractors, many complaints all over here and reddit. My guess is he wants to confuse potential suckers into buying his failcoin, take the money, then run and hide before the walls come tumbling down.
Beware this scam.
Activity: 689
Merit: 507

Looks like there is some logic behind the recent PayCoin madness.

GAWminers is launching a new coin with the biggest ICO ever and this coin will be called PayCoin.

Would you want to launch such a massive project and have a competing coin with the same name get in the way?

So I think GAWminers is the one buying up all the PayCoin now to retire it, kill it or to buy out all the investors and maybe merge it with their coin so there is only 1 PayCoin.

It could be speculation but I doubt it cause no speculator would pay 15 times the currency market price.

Like I said last year, buy coins with great names and make a killing when they're taken over.

Cheers!

I think people are buying the coin thinking it's the GAW coin. Kinda ridiculous.

I think it is ridiculous too from GAWminers to choose a existing and older coin !

When futhermore a takeover occurs, price could skyrocket. Look at bytecoin or bitcoin scrypt, or nTx or even the false maidsafe on Counterparty.
This coin has a great future now, without having almost nothing to do...
GAWminers will struggle with Paycoin, the original.

They bought the right to use the name paycoin. They will not struggle and if something is ridiculous here, its your post.
Such lack of research....

Why such denial ?
It is rather dishonnest or unsensible to build a business with the name of someone else in the exact same Industry.
It is the most straightforward way to be sued in 2 years when flourishing ! Any lawyer would basically recommend not to use another's name in the same industry. They can't say they didn't know...First thing you do when you have a name idea is to check google. This coin and thread is the first result in Google and every search engine...

As others said, it is not because you buy all the names available in earth that you "buy a right to use a name"? The context and anteriority are decisive. It won't have any effect to patent "Bitcoin" in most developed countries of the world now.
Anyway, I emphasized the spirit, not the legal affair.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I think people are buying the coin thinking it's the GAW coin. Kinda ridiculous.

Oh my...
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Yes, but was the original Paycoin ever trademarked or patented???

That's why it's called art.  Prior art.  It doesn't need to be patented or trademarked.

But reading up a little on Gawminers and their CEO, Josh Garzic, it seems like the guy is another bullshitting scammer, a la Butterfly labs.  I'm seeing a lot of people on reddit claiming they have been completely ripped off by this guy.

That said, this guy would be capable of trying to do something underhanded or illegal so it should be fun to watch.
Pages:
Jump to: