Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 82. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Open for registration!

0% fees
Powerful dedicated server
DDOS Protection
Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
Skilled admin

Brief and succinct user guide
Activity: 280

Website | Twitter  | Bitcointalk

Hi,Québecoin Community

We have added QBC to ECOINFUND vote list.(http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote
Multi-language Alt-Coin Exchange,Fast, Secure and Trustworthy.

Big ECC GIVEAWAY before 20.April
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account then recive 20ECC(ECC Details);
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 20ECC(fee shares) by every retweet before 20 April,don't miss the train!
Pls post your twitter link and Ecoinfund ID on our bitcointalk thread or pm us.

ECF Coin (ECC for short) is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund.
Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECC program. (highest on market)
Giveaway more infomation:https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-ecoinfundmulti-language-alt-coin-exchange-official-thread-501030

Happy trading !

Hope you make happy trading on our exchange,pm me if you have any questions! Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Wow JP!

On TVA! That's excellent! Looking forward to tomorrow morning!

For users that didn't pre-register on a pool yet, make sure to visit http://quebec.suchpool.pw to secure your seat!

Yeah it's pretty amazing!

I don't hate your guts, just disappointed as ofc for those with families kids etc saterday go eat supper at families(one end for me the in laws) then you have sunday easter then my families ...as you can see its wake up early turn on the miners and HOPE nothing happens while im gone needing for my to restart it IF something happens Sad ....

I trust this coin will do well again just disappointed Tongue

I hate when family gets in the way of my cryptocurrency addiction.

How long is it till launch now?  also is there a countdown clock anywhere? 

I believe X11 type scrypt is the future of GPU mining, the lower the power usage the better!  also when asic scrypt is dead this year due to the big rigs coming out there will always be GPU's evolving  as the core of the crypto world !  makes SHA and ASIC mining very costly as your hardware is worth nothing in the end.

cheers

3h45 Minutes now. It's 8:00 AM EST time.

For all those users who are new to X11 mining, SuchPool has released a "Getting Started" guide that you should follow.

Visit SuchPool.pw/docs/gettingstartedX11.pdf

Our pools will be ready for the launch! Make sure to pre-register your account at http://Quebec.SuchPool.pw !
Come mine on our Quebecoin Pool, hosted in Montreal Quebec and ran by Quebecers!

That guide looks great!
Activity: 56
Hi, we're just started new Quebecoin pool!
Pre-registrations are open now!

• DDoS Protection
  • Payout cron every 15 minutes
  • Vardiff
  • Stratum protocol
  • PPLNS payout system
  • Payout after 120 Network confirms
  • 1% Fee
  • 0% Donation (default)

Quebecoin (QBC), X11- http://qbc.althash.eu
Stratum - stratum+tcp://stratum.althash.eu:3034

You are most welcome to try mining Qebecoin with us.
Greetings,
Althash Team
sq
Activity: 294

I believe X11 type scrypt is the future of GPU mining, the lower the power usage the better!  also when asic scrypt is dead this year due to the big rigs coming out there will always be GPU's evolving  as the core of the crypto world !  makes SHA and ASIC mining very costly as your hardware is worth nothing in the end.

cheers

Almost there!! --> Check Coin Countdown

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
For all those users who are new to X11 mining, SuchPool has released a "Getting Started" guide that you should follow.

Visit SuchPool.pw/docs/gettingstartedX11.pdf

Our pools will be ready for the launch! Make sure to pre-register your account at http://Quebec.SuchPool.pw !
Come mine on our Quebecoin Pool, hosted in Montreal Quebec and ran by Quebecers!

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
it is so pity that i be late
Activity: 44
Merit: 0

cheers
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Is x11 better or n scrypt?

X11 runs cooler and less electricity. Less wear on GPUs
Activity: 4
Is x11 better or n scrypt?
Activity: 181
Join the NicEMining pool for Québecoin now, don't wait until launch!

Joignez vous au pool NicEMining pour Québecoin tout de suite, n'attendez pas jusqu'au lancement!

What you will always find at NicEMining

0% Fee, always
Very rare downtime
Responsive web site
No cutesy interface, just the basic MPOS you already know how to navigate

NicEMining: No fees, No frills, No nonsense, just Simple, Stable, Nice Mining!

Join the mining at http://qbc.nicemining.pw!

Ce que vous allez toujours trouver chez NicEMining

0% de frais, en tout temps
Périodes d'indisponibilités très rares
Site web rapide
Pas de tape-à-l'oeil, juste l'interface de base de MPOS que vous connaissez bien

NicEMining: Pas de frais, pas de flaflas, pas de niaisage, juste du minage simple, stable, Nice quoi!

Joignez-vous à nous à http://qbc.nicemining.pw!
Activity: 17
That's fair to make sure launch is smooth we are just excited to get to work on this project. Plus much of the issue is the rig renters which I do understand. Keep your head up everyone, at least JP is getting media and trying for the smoothest launch possible.

I'm very excited too and incredibly disappointed that I couldn't get everything perfect in time for launch. We got a ton of media coverage yesterday and overall the day was overloaded. The first article turned into a second one which attracted a ton of attention and had me answering questions all day and doing phone interviews. I simply didn't expect the day to be so busy with media before launch. For anyone who hates my guts, I hate my guts too, but I would have hated myself more if you guys ran into any kind of problem while mining.

I don't hate your guts, just disappointed as ofc for those with families kids etc saterday go eat supper at families(one end for me the in laws) then you have sunday easter then my families ...as you can see its wake up early turn on the miners and HOPE nothing happens while im gone needing for my to restart it IF something happens Sad ....

I trust this coin will do well again just disappointed Tongue
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
Wow JP!

On TVA! That's excellent! Looking forward to tomorrow morning!

For users that didn't pre-register on a pool yet, make sure to visit http://quebec.suchpool.pw to secure your seat!

copper member
Activity: 504
Lastly, I love bitcoin its the father of cryptocurrency... But would you continue to always use the first prototype of something? Mankind has already answered this question....no.

What you say is true, it's reality.

And just like Bitcoin, Quebecoin will likely be replaced by something else at some point. But it's a small step at a time. We're all participating in this marathon.
Activity: 196
Couple answers.

1. Bitcoin and the tech behind it were meant to replace fiat, this doesn't limit the tech from getting better though. Would you rather drive a model T or a car from 2014?

2. Quebecoin has current tech, has an obviously active and dedicated dev team.

3. There will continue to be altcoins this doesn't mean they will all survive, ultimately most will die off and we all know this, in fact many have already become defunct. The strong will survive and will be harshly tested by the world and crypto communities. Bitcoin didn't have any competition, if Quebecoin is used as a common digital currency it means it took a beating and still came through solid.

Lastly, I love bitcoin its the father of cryptocurrency... But would you continue to always use the first prototype of something? Mankind has already answered this question....no.
aws
Activity: 219
question:
wasn't the original launch date the 15th of April?
aws
Activity: 219
let's analyse what makes an altcoin successful.
  • is it media coverage?
  • is it merchant adoption?
  • is it a large mining network?
  • is it pure speculation?

what affects the price of an altcoin?
  • is it the price set by an "IPO"? (by the way, there are still issues with the legality of an IPO)
  • is it the supply/demand on the exchanges for the altcoin.

----------------------------------------------------

Possible answers:

First some background.
At first altcoins were the answer to problems that did emerge with bitcoin. Then came November 2013, bitcoin price shot up almost 10 fold and literally everyone, their parents and their pets started releasing coins. All you need to do is fork an existing coin, make a few changes and off you go. There are even services that will do that for you for a mere 0.1 BTC.
Litecoin had good timing on its side. The people who used to mine bitcoin with GPUs no longer could do it profitably, Litecoin allowed them again to mine at a profit.
Dogecoin came out of nowhere in December 2013 as a joke. It suffered a hacker attack in the first couple of weeks, but it survived. Then it got big. How? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it was the genius marketing, if it was intentional. Maybe it was the fact that it was supposed to be a joke, maybe it was none of the above.
Late 2013 companies started working on scrypt ASICs, it was becoming obvious that we need a new algorithm for GPU miners. Enter Darkcoin. Its creator gave us X11, and now GPU miners can move over to something different once difficulty for scrypt coins shoots up squeezing GPUs out.
Then in February 2014 the creator of Auroracoin came up with a clever idea of a nation coin. Give some of the coins away to citizens of a nation and voila, you got a coin with some credibility.
The idea was really good, so good in fact that nation coins were coming out daily by the dozen. There are probably more nation coins now that there are countries.
Then came the idea of an IPO for a coin. To me that idea is absurd. There is no prospectus, no revenue, no business plan, just an anonymous promise of profit (if all goes well).
I have heard of disastrous altcoin IPOs, but I have not heard of successful ones (Which does not mean there aren't any. Please point me to some)
So here we are looking at yet another coin hoping to finally get on a coin and make it big (just like those bitcoin millionaires that the media keeps on talking about). Is this coin going to give us all we are hoping for - who knows?  

Media Coverage
While media coverage can hype up the coin, it is this writer's opinion that currently there is an altcoin-fatigue. Virtual currency is supposed to  be better that fiat currency. Bitcoin promised that by being a global currency. Currently there are more altcoins than countries. There are coins for a specific purpose, specific area, and non-specific coins as well. How is this situation better than fiat currency remains unanswered. While media coverage helps to spread the awareness of the coin, it probably does not help with merchant adoption, service creation, and gaining an edge over more established currencies.

I will leave it up to the reader to answer and argue the remaining questions I posed.
Activity: 112
JP you're scaring me, we haven't even launched yet... i'm getting flashbacks of Auroracoin only 10 times better....we hit the friggin news??? what!!??

I don't think anything will go quite as crazy as Auroracoin did but we have a great start media wise.

JP you're scaring me, we haven't even launched yet... i'm getting flashbacks of Auroracoin only 10 times better....we hit the friggin news??? what!!??

Although I wouldn't go quite as far as the AUR hype, I am surprised it hit the news.  I would have preferred a launch today, but I guess extra press exposure can't hurt.

The miners weren't happy this morning but they'll be happy tomorrow for sure. The press itself won't note the 24h delay in launching.

it's canadian news. not really the same thing.

it's like being on the news in wisconsin.

I mean yeah Canadian news is smaller but this is provincial news, two articles, huge twitter mentions and TV exposure. All of that on day 0. It can only get better from here.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Although I wouldn't go quite as far as the AUR hype, I am surprised it hit the news.  I would have preferred a launch today, but I guess extra press exposure can't hurt.
copper member
Activity: 504
Well I didn't expect so much of it so soon. My friend sent me this picture from TV

http://i.imgur.com/D5Vtv3b.jpg

Translation - A Québecer proposes a virtual currency made for Québec. So we're on TV now as well as the media, earlier today one of the articles was retweeted by an account with 126 000 Followers. The media coverage definitely wins.

What channels, and which twitter account? We need to know! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: