Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 168. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
How to change the amount of RAM memory in miner?  Undecided
Activity: 349
It seems that the pool failed
Activity: 266
Next-Gen Blockchain Ecosystem - Luxcore.io
this project is better than other cpu mining project, but gpu spoil the difficulty....
Activity: 239
Merit: 10

That's my earlier experience as well but in this case when starting a fresh connection the pool shows share as 0 so just want to check with the pool owner.

I had the same question, it is answered now, I just received some coins mined yesterday. Even with shares displayed as 0, you will receive the previously mined shares
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
I would be curious to know how many people have mined for 24 hours without getting even 1 block?

I've been mining already one day and maybe some hours and nothing :/ my poor hash power is insignificant compared to the network's total power.

Sorry to hear that.

Do me a favor and pick a number between 1 and 30...
Activity: 246
the term deposit need address?
where to get that address?

Click on the Receive at the top
Type in a label - you can leave the amount blank if you want
Now click the Request Payment button

A window pops up and click the Copy Address button
Now click the close button and close the popup

Click on Deposit at the top
Paste the address you copied in the previous step into the Deposit Address box
Enter the amount of coins you want to deposit
Decide whether or not you want to deduct the fee from the amount and check or don't check that box
Choose the amount of time you want to term deposit the coin
At the bottom left click the Deposit ROI button

A popup will tell you all the details of your term deposit so you can review it
If it looks good click Yes and finish up the term deposit

Now on the overview tab it will appear in the bottom section with all the details

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

So the deposit address in this case is my own wallet address? Not sure if I understand the term deposit process?

Yes the term deposit address is your own wallet address. You will create a wallet address using the receive and then that address will be used for the term deposit.

Thanks. This is interesting - I just deposited 20 coins for 1 week to test it out. Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
I would be curious to know how many people have mined for 24 hours without getting even 1 block?

I've been mining already one day and maybe some hours and nothing :/ my poor hash power is insignificant compared to the network's total power.
Maybe it's a noob question so please excuse in advance...

What happens to my share on the pool when I stop mining for a while (get disconnected, miner turned off etc.)? Do they go to the pool owner or would I still get my share of coins if they are above the threshold or otherwise, get added to my shares the next time I start mining with the same address?

I'm asking this because as I experiment with different miners and settings, I let each run for a couple of hours before switching on to the next and when I connect to the pool again, it shows 0 shares to begin with.

I don't understand your previous experience, but if pool uses address to mine, and if you continue to use same address on other machines even after a few days, your balance will be accrued.

That's my earlier experience as well but in this case when starting a fresh connection the pool shows share as 0 so just want to check with the pool owner.

Decide whether or not you want to deduct the fee from the amount and check or don't check that box

Now on the overview tab it will appear in the bottom section with all the details

So the deposit address in this case is my own wallet address? Not sure if I understand the term deposit process?

Yes the term deposit address is your own wallet address. You will create a wallet address using the receive and then that address will be used for the term deposit.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

What happens to my share on the pool when I stop mining for a while (get disconnected, miner turned off etc.)? Do they go to the pool owner or would I still get my share of coins if they are above the threshold or otherwise, get added to my shares the next time I start mining with the same address?

I'm asking this because as I experiment with different miners and settings, I let each run for a couple of hours before switching on to the next and when I connect to the pool again, it shows 0 shares to begin with.

I don't understand your previous experience, but if pool uses address to mine, and if you continue to use same address on other machines even after a few days, your balance will be accrued.

Activity: 116
Who can compete with this  Sad

The reality is if there is a chance to profit, people are going pony up the hardware or buy the hashing power to accumulate as much as they can.

Before I share a very short story...  With ROIcoin and huge thanks to Ray Dillingers MIDAS, no matter how big the whale, only 86,400 coins are going to get out each 24 hour period, roughly...  The problem with the whales is the difficulty level goes sky high, which then brings in a pool, to let the i5s hash away...

The only way to compete with a whale is to become one.  It can be done, even on a budget.  My best friend liked HP based i7 3770s, good bang for the buck at the time.  Nothing fancy, just a solid hasher at a good price point that many could be accumulated, multiplying his hashing rate to dominate.  (This may have changed, please do your own research when deciding what hardware you want to load up on.)

Me?  I love blade servers!  They stack and rack nice, parts dirt cheap and the HP GL380 G7s are built like tanks.  But it has to be a 12 core (dual) E56xx (6-core) processors with 24 GB of RAM and modest 10k drives.  I pick these up off EBay for less than $200 each with free shipping. Load Win10 Pro with a $4 license from an EBay guy in the UK.  But that's me..., the CPU architecture is older, but I can generally get 300H/s from each box.  Stack 8 on a 42U rack with a KVM and LCD and it fits perfect in the corner and doubles as a furnace.  Again, I am not recommending these, but I like them because I can always re-purpose them later for a home server to sell off.  And I find them easy to manage.  Yeah, there is better hardware out there.  But its the cost of each hash that I am looking at and its what I can afford for now.

What I am getting at is that a hash race is still an arms race, CPU, GPU, ASIC.  We had no idea and feel so blessed for the events and tremendous community interest and support over the last 3 days.  Each and every one of you is investing and invested in ROIcoin, to one degree or another.  There are many readers on the forum in the shadows...  I guarantee, they got the hardware and they have a plan.  But it took them time to arm up, learn the business, and when an opportunity arose, made a decision on whether or not to power up the rigs.  Which I believe occurred mid Sunday morning.  Smiley

It was a long road getting here, and yet the road is just beginning as we now lay plans to evolve and grow ROIcoin into more than just a market asset.  Hopefully moving into that field of competition for a usable coin in the real world.  It is a long road ahead with a coin that has great potetial.  And while the difficulty may increase in the meantime, you still have time to shop for your boxes to give yourself an edge, one step closer to your next target.

So don't despair.  Have faith in yourself, do your homework and invest your resources wisely.  And by all means, ask questions...  Maybe one of those quite super hashers lurking in the shadows will come out and share a few secrets.

*** Again, I am not endorsing the above mentioned hardware.  Do your research, maybe you can afford higher end hashing or maybe Nicehash is the route for you...  Smiley
Activity: 239

Wow lot of hash being used on that link and I can tell you that hash isn't pointed at HOdl which only means one thing... some peeps are dropping some cash renting hash and pointing it at ROI.

They must think the coin will pay them off and I also wonder how long they might keep that up?

Maybe someone that wants to get some coins while diff is not too high and does not have a half decent computer.
It's probably not a dump scheme, I don't think it's profitable in the very short term.
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
weak hands sell for peanuts so we need to build a strong community to help the coin flourish

Speaking of building a strong community that reminds me I need to work on getting the announcement translated into all the major languages and then get those translations posted on the other language boards... does that make sense?
This project is looking awesome! The future of ROI is bright!
weak hands sell for peanuts so we need to build a strong community to help the coin flourish

Speaking of building a strong community that reminds me I need to work on getting the announcement translated into all the major languages and then get those translations posted on the other language boards... does that make sense?
Activity: 154
Wow. I love this project. Very informative and genuine. All aspects containing the project. Looking forward to the staking / Term deposit. I want to buy once it hit exchanges, any idea on Estimated price launch ? Thanks Admin.

I honestly have no clue on earth what price will look like once it begins trading on the exchanges.

My best guestimate is .01-.02 USD. I say that because supply should be very very limited. None of the pre-mine coins will be moved on the exchange so that only leaves what has been mined in these few days which isn't very much. I also think a portion of miners will speculate a future rise in coin value and so they will be likely to stake and/or term deposit the coins and sit on them. Term deposited coins cannot be sold and are off the table and the way the coin term deposits there is incentive to term deposit them longer because that gives higher returns.

I think there will be a slow trickle of the coins turning loose on the exchange and I think those may command a respectable price to be a brand new coin only a few days old.

Only time will tell and we shall see....

What says the community? Is this hitting the exchange at 1 satoshi? Or way higher and well how much higher... what is anyone's best guess what this thing will be moving for on the exchanges?

[EDIT] And speaking of exchanges... at this time the coin is already submitted to KUcoin, Yobit, coinsmarket, southxchange and trade satoshi.
Wow looking at some of those huge hash numbers I wonder if someone figured out how to use ASICS or another possibility are those botnets?

Either way let's hope the pool operator can give us some kind of feedback and even a suggestion of what action to take...
https://www.nicehash.com/marketplace/hodl

Wow lot of hash being used on that link and I can tell you that hash isn't pointed at HOdl which only means one thing... some peeps are dropping some cash renting hash and pointing it at ROI.

They must think the coin will pay them off and I also wonder how long they might keep that up?
Jump to: