Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 49. (Read 107961 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Love you guys, however, I think that with "no halving", the "price" of ROI Coin will be always going down. See ya.

I could not disagree with you more.

I have had to work with dev teams to undo halving that was coded at launch and yet on down the road turned out to be a problem.

The reason pre-determined coding for halving at launch doesn't work is because when you launch a coin you can't know the future and so you can't know at what point it will need to be halved in the future. Then next thing you know all the miners leave the coin in the dust because the halving cuts the profit down so much nobody will mine it. This coin is designed to be mined for roughly 30 years and so it is critical for the health of the blockchain that there is enough of an incentive to mine the coin.

If this coin ever needs to be halved it will be halved at that time as needed... and not from launch. It will be halved when the community consensus and hard data dictates it and not at some pre-determined date from the time the coin was born. I chose to do it this way because I learned from watching other coins that made this very mistake.

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Love you guys, however, I think that with "no halving", the "price" of ROI Coin will be always going down. See ya.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
I have over 350 term deposets on my wallet.

The wallet updates each term with each new block.

So intrest is added to each block/term deposet you have made. Your wallet has to update to keep inline with new blocks that come on to the chain.

So my wallet can take some time to load. And comes to a stand still some times when a new block comes in and all the term deposets are updating intrest.

Its normal if you have alot of terms. I stoped locking small amounts under 150 coins now because it was slowing things down.

Also another thing to keep a eye on is if your wallet is stoping because its working out your coins DONT SOLO MINE ON IT because she becomes slow when a new block is found. I have only seen this on the windows wallets. I have not tested on a linux wallet. Someone may wish to have there say on that.

Back up your wallet file. And use a empty wallet to solo mine on and set your config to send coins to your main wallet.

also https://roi-coin.com/blogs/6

Yep been doing that since 5th of nov. putting coins in each day on 12 months. @ 381 terms waiting to unlock from block 934 Smiley she started to lag around 180 deposets and is getting verry laggy now.

Hi can you open a github issue for this, i will see if I can find performance improvements. Also please try the following for me, add to ROIcoin.conf the following parameter:  sortearnings=0 , this tells the UI to stop sorting the term deposits, maybe its part of the issue.
Activity: 616
Perhaps it would be a better way if you only make one term deposit per week. When my miner is running I always wait until next monday and then deposit the coins I have mined for 12 month. So I don't get so much term deposits in my wallet and until now it runs very smooth. Sure, I will lost a few coins when I don't make deposits every day, but for me thats OK.

I'm doing only 1 or 2 weeks term deposits, part of interest and part of mining are going to exchange. Too bad that trade volume is low... One year deposit is a long term, too many things can happen.
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
Perhaps it would be a better way if you only make one term deposit per week. When my miner is running I always wait until next monday and then deposit the coins I have mined for 12 month. So I don't get so much term deposits in my wallet and until now it runs very smooth. Sure, I will lost a few coins when I don't make deposits every day, but for me thats OK.
Activity: 391
Merit: 14

So intrest is added to each block/term deposet you have made. Your wallet has to update to keep inline with new blocks that come on to the chain.

So my wallet can take some time to load. And comes to a stand still some times when a new block comes in and all the term deposets are updating intrest.

Its normal if you have alot of terms. I stoped locking small amounts under 150 coins now because it was slowing things down.

Also another thing to keep a eye on is if your wallet is stoping because its working out your coins DONT SOLO MINE ON IT because she becomes slow when a new block is found. I have only seen this on the windows wallets. I have not tested on a linux wallet. Someone may wish to have there say on that.

Back up your wallet file. And use a empty wallet to solo mine on and set your config to send coins to your main wallet.

Yep been doing that since 5th of nov. putting coins in each day on 12 months. @ 381 terms waiting to unlock from block 934 Smiley she started to lag around 180 deposets and is getting verry laggy now.
Crypto Developer

Crypto Developer
Can a wallet be installed and used in Ubuntu command line mode?

yes, for all transactions except making term deposits, there is an enhancement request for it, its on the todo list.
Crypto Developer

I have 61 TD, it not happening on all my wallet, and this issue seem to have started since the hotfix.

you likely have too many inputs in your wallet, use coin control to consolidate them by sending the unlocked coins to yourself.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
yes you can, i use that, only the problem, i dont know how to deposit via cli wallet
Activity: 87
Merit: 11
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!

I have 61 TD, it not happening on all my wallet, and this issue seem to have started since the hotfix.
Activity: 391
Merit: 14

Activity: 137
Just to report in case i'm not the only one.

Not sure about all this, it seem to be that something related to wallet.dat cause my windows wallet to become buggy, it's freeze and go (No responding), and come back after about 30sec.

I tryed the wallet.dat file on another computer with a fresh windows wallet and it seem to do the same. Cpu load is 10%, data usage normal.

Still working, but shifted to a fresh one for safety.

Today it take about 15 min. to open the wallet, every block update the wallet freeze for about 35-40 sec. My first deposit was at block 11418, so yeah kinda old wallet.
My first deposit was with block 14580, a little bit later... But i have the same behavior.
Activity: 160
Hello World!

Not sure about all this, it seem to be that something related to wallet.dat cause my windows wallet to become buggy, it's freeze and go (No responding), and come back after about 30sec.

I tryed the wallet.dat file on another computer with a fresh windows wallet and it seem to do the same. Cpu load is 10%, data usage normal.

Today it take about 15 min. to open the wallet, every block update the wallet freeze for about 35-40 sec. My first deposit was at block 11418, so yeah kinda old wallet.

I'm getting almost the same issue. ROICoin Wallet uses all the time about 50% CPU. I think it has to do with the amount of tx on that wallet... Cause i'm having the same issue with the GLC coin Wallet and it hapend there if i get more than 20.000 tx... But on my roi wallet i'm far away from 20.000 tx...

What wallet version ? 32bit or 64bit OS ?  try consolidating your wallet inputs using coin control,  see https://roi-coin.com/blogs/6

hi,
i'm on 1.1.3 hotfix 64bit. This is always not only when i receive or send coins...
I will have a look at coin control.
Crypto Developer

I'm getting almost the same issue. ROICoin Wallet uses all the time about 50% CPU. I think it has to do with the amount of tx on that wallet... Cause i'm having the same issue with the GLC coin Wallet and it hapend there if i get more than 20.000 tx... But on my roi wallet i'm far away from 20.000 tx...

What wallet version ? 32bit or 64bit OS ?  try consolidating your wallet inputs using coin control,  see https://roi-coin.com/blogs/6
Crypto Developer
Hello,

I get error whiling try to Deposit. I get error message: Transaction too large. Please advice.

Please send more infos about your problem. Which wallet version are you using? How many coins are you trying to deposit and how long are you trying to deposit? Please also check that the block height in your wallet is the same height as on the ROI block explorer.

Already find out what cause the issue. The number of inputs was too much.. ~ 300k Smiley , when the limit is 100k. This happen when there are small inputs.

https://roi-coin.com/blogs/6
Activity: 166
Any ETA on new exchange for now?
Try decrease connection in config like:
maxconnections=10

i have only 8 connections...
in config file?

Or just showed?

just showed in debug window...