Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone - page 29. (Read 38742 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 1
someone else mining at hashvault pro? always felt like their rewards were off by quite alot too.

and there is no other pool that beats it, most pools cant see worker name besides that and rocks which requires u to use w= to identify but it starts banning IP adresses and so does all the other pools besides hashvault and after unbanning ur ip adress it re bans it the next day despite being the same IP

need some better pools up.
Have you tried our pool https://ryo.leafpool.com/ It supports worker name and displays your hashrate clearly on your dashboard. Our banning configuration is also easier on miners versus the default banning configuration that other pool uses.

BTW you said we are spamming this thread but if you check my posts here I only posted our pool twice before this and both of them are 4 days apart so I dont think that is spamming. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
someone else mining at hashvault pro? always felt like their rewards were off by quite alot too.

and there is no other pool that beats it, most pools cant see worker name besides that and rocks which requires u to use w= to identify but it starts banning IP adresses and so does all the other pools besides hashvault and after unbanning ur ip adress it re bans it the next day despite being the same IP

need some better pools up.
Activity: 2
hi all im a noobish miner and am having trouble compiling xmr-stak is someone here familiar with it.

I think Son Of A Tech does a video on you tube with xmr stak for windows

legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

A few more observations/thoughts on Wally Point Two:

[1] Attempted to move contents of restored wallets (with Sumo seeds) to a native RYO wallet (freshly created) using "All Coins" but I got "tranx too large" or something to that effect. I had to break the contents of the wallets down to smaller pieces to complete the transfers. Doesn't RYO have dynamic/adaptive block size? What exactly happened under the hood on this one?

[2] After each tranx, there is always a difference of a few coins between the new total wallet balance and the unlocked balance that eventually evens out after a long while. I assume that this difference represents a change coming back to the wallet. Does a change need a certain number of confirmations too? If so, how many and why? It's just a change. Should be instantaneous, no? And while I'm at it, how many confirmations until a tranx (not change) becomes unlocked?

[3] No user-defined wallet file names/IDs. Wallet creation automatically generates a string of alphanumeric characters for the wallet file names. Most users maintain more than one wallet and such naming method/scheme makes it difficult to identify/determine which wallet is which.

[4] There is no elegant way of opening a particular wallet or switching to a different one (perhaps there is one and I'm just missing it). My jury-rig/ghetto method of doing so is through "Import" but that presents a problem in itself and exacerbates the confusion thereby making wallet management even more complicated because the process would create another set of wallet files with a different set of auto-generated file names.

[5] No user-defined database directory/location. No need for elaboration. The users should be unanimous on this one.

Edit: "unanimous"...not anonymous (damn autocorrect) Grin

Edit: [6] Sending still requires password.

legendary

Welcome to the one true visdude.    Shocked

I left a note for Mosu that there were some GUI questions on the ANN post.
... I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

This reddit thread seemed to be the genesis of Sumogr's obsession with the idea that I was you.   Roll Eyes  Interestingly further down I see that Niels was also complaining about the shutup or fork it yourself tactics, more warning signals I let slide foolishly.

I guess when your project is full of sock puppet team members you see sock puppets elsewhere, it was a clear sign I overlooked.   Angry

Stalker material. Grin

Amusing. Thanks for sharing.

Activity: 24
Thank you for the reply. I am very aware that the Team has certain priorities and currently has a lot on its plate in order to iron out the wrinkles and allow RYO to distance itself for good from its horrible roots/origin. Hence I specifically stated, "when the dust settles". I post my thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind (before I forget them) and are not meant to be requests/demands/impositions with immediacy. I try to be involved/cooperative by sharing my experiences/observations but ultimately, it's up to the Team to decide what to do with such information. I merely report them. Hopefully, it would result in a more elegant GUI experience especially for less tech-savvy users like me.

In fact, I already have a few observations/issues with the current GUI release (Point Two). I will enumerate them on here once I am able to verify (reproduce) them and organize my thoughts.

Of course, when the dust settles we will be able to start moving rapidly  Grin

I appreciate all feedback, and I don't feel as if you're being demanding in the slightest. Please list out any and all features/bugs you want to see implemented!
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
hi all im a noobish miner and am having trouble compiling xmr-stak is someone here familiar with it.
Activity: 175
Merit: 11
"Decentralization is religion"
Dear RYO team,

I was a supporter of sumo for long time but in the light of recent event I was forced to tell them to sodomite them self.. Complete circus produced by a greedy person with Dissociative identity disorder..

I strongly believe that the expertise that the current team has will make RYO a great privacy coin. Hopefully you can set it free from the shitty heritage asap.

Looking forward for updates. Keep it up!

@visdude: over the time I was following sumo, I have had a lot of laughs reading your posts.. I did not put much weight to your words and I have to admit now that YOU WERE RIGHT!
copper member
Activity: 47

... I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

This reddit thread seemed to be the genesis of Sumogr's obsession with the idea that I was you.   Roll Eyes  Interestingly further down I see that Niels was also complaining about the shutup or fork it yourself tactics, more warning signals I let slide foolishly.

I guess when your project is full of sock puppet team members you see sock puppets elsewhere, it was a clear sign I overlooked.   Angry

legendary

I kinda understand a bit about the bug that brought about the Wally Point One release but is there way to keep a "benign" display of the current block height and retain the "current synced block / current block height " display format on the GUI progress bar? It's a very useful/convenient info to have. And speaking of the progress bar (and a few other buttons) on the GUI, white text against a yellow/orange background does not provide good contrast and is therefore not conducive to aging eyes. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a dark mode/theme feature. Black text should do it.

Also, when the dust settles, will cold wallet/view-only wallet/offline signing feature (à la Monero GUI or Armory) eventually be implemented? It would make our hodls much more secure.

Hey Visdude, absolutely I will bring back the top block number into the progress bar, and I agree it's very useful for showing how much of the blockchain you've synced. Once we have our proper release, and nodes aren't seeing block candidates from the sumo network (right now the ryo daemon sees them, but will never sync them) then I can re-introduce that feature. Right now though it doesn't make sense and it would only cause confusion with people seeing a block much higher than what the ryo network is at, and thinking they are never synced.

As far as your other suggestions regarding the colors, etc. they are very good points. In general I will rework a lot of the colors and hit on styling issues I missed (dark wallet was initially planned to release later, but we had to get the GUI out the door asap). For example, I'm not a fan of incoming transactions being green and outgoing being red, to me that signifies successful vs failed transactions.

In general I've got tons of new features planned for the GUI wallet, making a view key only wallet is a good idea as well.

Thank you for the reply. I am very aware that the Team has certain priorities and currently has a lot on its plate in order to iron out the wrinkles and allow RYO to distance itself for good from its horrible roots/origin. Hence I specifically stated, "when the dust settles". I post my thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind (before I forget them) and are not meant to be requests/demands/impositions with immediacy. I try to be involved/cooperative by sharing my experiences/observations but ultimately, it's up to the Team to decide what to do with such information. I merely report them. Hopefully, it would result in a more elegant GUI experience especially for less tech-savvy users like me.

In fact, I already have a few observations/issues with the current GUI release (Point Two). I will enumerate them on here once I am able to verify (reproduce) them and organize my thoughts.

legendary

Thanks for the welcome mat. I'm not sure why I was mistaken for being you or vice versa but it was amusing nevertheless. Undecided

Thanks for passing it on.

I just want to know why all the exchanges have the RYO wallet in maintence......what's goin on ?

It is because of the attacks on sumo, ryo, ombre, saronite, etc. Although double spends did not occur, it is possible that the attacker could have sent coins to the exchanges right before the chain re-org they caused. Purely precautionary until we upgrade the codebase to remove the vulnerability inherited from Sumo.
Activity: 51
I just want to know why all the exchanges have the RYO wallet in maintence......what's goin on ?
Activity: 396
Merit: 110
  interesting news. well it is clear that from the wallet you can either Sumokoin to apply and get either a new coin go, and how it would look if the coins have been in trade, and now frozen? You ask for patience from us until the exchangers to which we are accustomed will not be adjusted, but I'm not sure that the new miners will not contribute to the fall of the RYO rate.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Most of all I appreciate in the project RyoCurrency that you do not need to trust third parties to keep your Ryo safe

I kinda understand a bit about the bug that brought about the Wally Point One release but is there way to keep a "benign" display of the current block height and retain the "current synced block / current block height " display format on the GUI progress bar? It's a very useful/convenient info to have. And speaking of the progress bar (and a few other buttons) on the GUI, white text against a yellow/orange background does not provide good contrast and is therefore not conducive to aging eyes. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a dark mode/theme feature. Black text should do it.

Also, when the dust settles, will cold wallet/view-only wallet/offline signing feature (à la Monero GUI or Armory) eventually be implemented? It would make our hodls much more secure.

Hey Visdude, absolutely I will bring back the top block number into the progress bar, and I agree it's very useful for showing how much of the blockchain you've synced. Once we have our proper release, and nodes aren't seeing block candidates from the sumo network (right now the ryo daemon sees them, but will never sync them) then I can re-introduce that feature. Right now though it doesn't make sense and it would only cause confusion with people seeing a block much higher than what the ryo network is at, and thinking they are never synced.

As far as your other suggestions regarding the colors, etc. they are very good points. In general I will rework a lot of the colors and hit on styling issues I missed (dark wallet was initially planned to release later, but we had to get the GUI out the door asap). For example, I'm not a fan of incoming transactions being green and outgoing being red, to me that signifies successful vs failed transactions.

In general I've got tons of new features planned for the GUI wallet, making a view key only wallet is a good idea as well.
Activity: 175
Merit: 11
"Decentralization is religion"
hahahaha yeah its so easy annyone can do it thats why we have so insanely many cryptos.

Either its an ICO where you run either sha265/Scrypt and use your own asics to mine cause mining BTC would be waste of time, or its equihash / ethash. they are just 1 huge pre mine with no difficulty. they mined all easy as nothing to be honest and then pays for ADvertisement for ppl to Buy this Token for cheap.

literally, i could make 100 000 000 coins in a few days with my own copied algo, get it on trade sites and allow ppl to download the wallet on github.

how you think ppl make money? all they do is copy ethereum / bytecoin and zcash with their own reward per block and then just mass sell it and let people make wallets, you seriously think this is some sort of sorcery? well it seriously is with all the insane amount of money you earn in Notime aslong the coin website looks promising and the BS lies they put up there.

all they have is their own miners and firewalls and a website and copying other people's work and runs that on it.

LOL magic sorcery, whats with being dumb here? Cheesy

and RYO is cryptonight again, we have 10's+++ of cryptonight coins already but ICO's make more, alot more. we have 10++++ of ethash and 10+++ of equihash and so on.

no one is making anything new or any new algos, those who does actually becomes great aslong its very asic resistant before asics starts being made like ethereum was due to the heavy memory intensive tasks on the gpu, which makes asics hard to mine.

its not HARD to do. thats why we have like 5 new cryptos every single day Cheesy

look for DEFT if missing new things in crypto.. completelly new algo, very memory heavy and CPU mining only for the time being.. I like this one!
copper member

Quote from: Skyzer0
any way we could add key files to wallets in the future so its more safe?

Welcome to the one true visdude.    Shocked

Activity: 266
any way we could add key files to wallets in the future so its more safe?

copper member
GUI Wallet v0.1.2 "Wally Point Two

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-gui-wallet/releases/tag/0.1.2

This release includes daemon v0.1.2 "NOASIC", which has some checkpoints to help keep your daemon healthy. Other features include:

* Removed unnecessary password requirements. Now all ASCII characters are valid, including spaces.
     * Option to use no password at all. Upon opening the wallet the password prompt will show, but every action after that will not require a password.
     * Added pop blocks button in settings tab, default 1,000 blocks. Use this if your daemon gets stuck. It will remove the last N blocks and restart the daemon.

This release (and every release hereafter) includes the following versions:

* Mac OS X version (dmg file)
     * Windows installer version -- this is the version most people will want to use as it installs to C:\Program Files\Ryo and puts a shortcut on your desktop.
     * Windows ZIP file -- regular zip file just containing the exe, special use only
     * Linux Release
Pages:
Jump to: