Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 139. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Jack we all got your point, some of us agree with you, some of us disagree. But now could you please stop to write always the same thing?
It's done. Now stop it, please. We got it.

I really don't get your logic, why should less coins minted bring the price down??
There is a reason if a coin like UNO is traded @ +/- 0.01 and a coin like LOT is 5 satoshi.
The price is set by buyers, if nobody cares about kdc the price won't grow, we can have 1000000 coins per day or 1 coin per day, if nobody buys the price just stay there. But if kdc will start to gain interest, the price will grow with less resistence than before.
Really, who is going to coinedup or coinmarket anymore? We do need to get to mintpal and create interest.
And then, if nobody will be interested in kdc, and the price will go lower, then yes, we will have troubles cause it wont be profitable enough to mine.

Btw, this is the worst moment for the alt market since december, almost every coin is going down, im sure that without fork kdc would be traded in the 1s now
Activity: 182
can any coin economist could explain how RPC raulpaul coin with 1coin/2minute total= 720 coins per day

have the value 0.00326999 btc with only 47.34 Mh/s network with '' time tested well understood basic study of

exchange/reserve currency economics
"

so if we get a good price mining with current block rate will get profitable

please note : mathematics can not always explain the price or demand/supply, even though it can sometimes.

please stop this nonproductive discussion and think about the possible ways to increase net hashrate and price

also check HoboNickels (HBN)   coins/block = 5 (30 sec blocks) current nethashrate 294.26 Mh/s price 0.00017899

but allways nethash rate is very important thing for the coin. we have to check the means to increase it to the maximum possible rate

Edit: for those who don't put some coins under their pillow for future and only mine to dump , better they can join some multipool or always check coinwarz and mine the most profitable coin every day.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
i missed the update notice on the client. i'm compiling it now. openex will be back soon.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
Id like to tell you guys im still here i have been a little busy but still throwing a few hashes at Klondike, your a nice team don't loose faith i would like to see Klondike do well you all deserve it and id be happy too Tongue !

Thankyou Smiley POst planned for the net hash remained around 400, then the bad fork happened and after we had around 200 and the price suffered. Coinmarket.io exploded, poolionix or however it is spelt have been put into a temporary coma and coinedup is slowly being left to die.

The point is you cannot blame the fork for KDC's loss of traction, it is a series of events that have led to this downturn. Prior to the fork ~100k coins were being minted a day.

That means if those 100,000 coins were dumped on the market each day at 4k satoshis which is around what we were trading at then there would have needed to have been 4btc's of volume + whatever else was being traded to eat them up. Whilst i know some miners would hold, 4btc is nearly 10% of coinedups total exchange volume - do you really think we would be doing any better if we hadn't forked and were in the position we are in now with the exchanges?

I don't blame the planned fork, I do think the unplanned bad fork hrs later had a huge negative impact on the coin, one that we have not yet been able to recover from.

That's the error in thinking, with all due respect.  
The coin is recovering as expected to the new hash rate of pay.  The current hash rate of 100 Mh is nearing the .008 BTC per Mh day market rate of ALT COINS.
Unfortunately I think the driving force for the block reward reduction was to reduce inflation to increase the value of the coin, without consideration to the actual purpose of the block reward.  While this appears to have merit on the surface in a simplistic scarcity supply/demand model, block reward is not a mechanism that can influence price in any meaningful way. There are some caveats to that statement but for simplicity that is the case.

However the coin may return to some level of market liquidity over the weekend as the NET HASH drops to more favorable pay conditions.  
The only direct influence on price is a buyer willing to pay a higher price than the current BID, that's it... No magic involved. Unfortunately the security concerns of a sub 200Mh coin does not facilitate eager bidders.

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=1000.00&p=1000.00&pc=0.0800&e=Vircurex

When KDC is the most profitable to mine, you will be back mining KDC it's as simple as that.  Wink

100% correct, it doesnt even have to be the most profitable. That doesn't solve the security of the coin since at these prices profitability is 80Mh/s NET HASH, and the new payment system has the coin heading to 4/block in two months!! The price will have to increase by a factor of 5 or more just to keep it from literally dying. But who is going to pay 5x the current price with such a vulnerable hash?  Will you? I certainly won't!

Once YOU start putting hash back on KDC that means all miners for profit will be mining KDC and N/H/R will go up. Maybe Criptoe team will help out too. BTW criptoe team you guys are awesome.
Its not that simple...
Hash goes down to where block reward and coin price make it profitable...  Some miner comes in to absorb that 'slack' in the 'labor force'. His entry slightly reduces the profitability proportional to the hash he deploys. If too many miners come in HASH goes up to unprofitable levels, participants drop out, rinse. Repeat.

As I have stated in earlier posts the block reward is the 'paycheck' not the 'printing press' and it is the control function of NET HASH, not coin price.  Search my post if you are curious.

Jack, I get what you are saying, and as I have said before, your points all have merit.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Id like to tell you guys im still here i have been a little busy but still throwing a few hashes at Klondike, your a nice team don't loose faith i would like to see Klondike do well you all deserve it and id be happy too Tongue !

Thankyou Smiley POst planned for the net hash remained around 400, then the bad fork happened and after we had around 200 and the price suffered. Coinmarket.io exploded, poolionix or however it is spelt have been put into a temporary coma and coinedup is slowly being left to die.

The point is you cannot blame the fork for KDC's loss of traction, it is a series of events that have led to this downturn. Prior to the fork ~100k coins were being minted a day.

That means if those 100,000 coins were dumped on the market each day at 4k satoshis which is around what we were trading at then there would have needed to have been 4btc's of volume + whatever else was being traded to eat them up. Whilst i know some miners would hold, 4btc is nearly 10% of coinedups total exchange volume - do you really think we would be doing any better if we hadn't forked and were in the position we are in now with the exchanges?

I don't blame the planned fork, I do think the unplanned bad fork hrs later had a huge negative impact on the coin, one that we have not yet been able to recover from.

The coin is recovering as expected to the new hash rate of pay.  The current hash rate of 100 Mh is nearing the .008 BTC per Mh day market rate of ALT COINS.
Unfortunately I think the driving force for the block reward reduction was to reduce inflation to increase the value of the coin, without consideration to the actual purpose of the block reward.  While this appears to have merit on the surface in a simplistic scarcity supply/demand model, block reward is not a mechanism that can influence price in any meaningful way. There are some caveats to that statement but for simplicity that is the case.

However the coin may return to some level of market liquidity over the weekend as the NET HASH drops to more favorable pay conditions.  
The only direct influence on price is a buyer willing to pay a higher price than the current BID, that's it... No magic involved. Unfortunately the security concerns of a sub 200Mh coin does not facilitate eager bidders.

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=1000.00&p=1000.00&pc=0.0800&e=Vircurex

When KDC is the most profitable to mine, you will be back mining KDC it's as simple as that.  Wink

100% correct, it doesnt even have to be the most profitable. That doesn't solve the security of the coin since at these prices profitability is 80Mh/s NET HASH, and the new payment system has the coin heading to 4/block in two months!! The price will have to increase by a factor of 5 or more just to keep it from literally dying. But who is going to pay 5x the current price with such a vulnerable hash?  Will you? I certainly won't!

Once YOU start putting hash back on KDC that means all miners for profit will be mining KDC and N/H/R will go up. Maybe Criptoe team will help out too. BTW criptoe team you guys are awesome.
Its not that simple...
Hash goes down to where block reward and coin price make it profitable...  Some miner comes in to absorb that 'slack' in the 'labor force'. His entry slightly reduces the profitability proportional to the hash he deploys. If too many miners come in HASH goes up to unprofitable levels, participants drop out, rinse. Repeat.

As I have stated in earlier posts the block reward is the 'paycheck' not the 'printing press' and it is the control function of NET HASH, not coin price.  Search my post if you are curious.

Activity: 185
it is always nice to see positive and negative people fighting each other, but that means only one thing that there are a lot of people interested in this coin.

Of course i'm not happy with the coin price, far from it, but i'm not happy of the coin prices from EAC/LOT/CASH....

Just want to say one thing:

THANKS DEV, MARKETING TEAM

for keep on trying and working on new deals... maybe the coin price is not moving in the right direction, but we try to move Klondike coin in the right direction.

I'm not negative, and I'm not trying to fight.  I'm just trying to bring some time tested well understood basic study of exchange/reserve currency economics to the table.  Heck if people will take it more seriously I'll start footnoting sources! Smiley

I appreciate your posts and have been quoting them on other forums. Nice neutral information for once. It's rare on this forum (especially this sub forum).
legendary

it is always nice to see positive and negative people fighting each other, but that means only one thing that there are a lot of people interested in this coin.

Of course i'm not happy with the coin price, far from it, but i'm not happy of the coin prices from EAC/LOT/CASH....

for keep on trying and working on new deals... maybe the coin price is not moving in the right direction, but we try to move Klondike coin in the right direction.

I'm not negative, and I'm not trying to fight.  I'm just trying to bring some time tested well understood basic study of exchange/reserve currency economics to the table.  Heck if people will take it more seriously I'll start footnoting sources! Smiley

Do you mean to say you expected the hash rate to remain at 400 Mh after the fork?  How would you expect that when the paycheck was cut so drastically?   The daily reward from mining was not just dumped on the market,  a seller always wants the highest price and a good miner puts his sell orders in at various points above the BID, always!  If anything the daily reward facilitated price discovery and provided market liquidity on top of 400 Mh!

You can blame the stars and the moon until the cows come home,  the fundamentals today are 1 Mh/day cost .008 BTC, that's why the net hash as declined since the fork...  Everything else is irrelevant

If you all think this coin is on life support today just wait until the block reward is 4!  You can't adjust price with the block reward if you could it would be done and all these coins would have passed the moon and be half way to Uranus!

The price will do what the price will do, what coin devs need to do is secure and market the coin.  The marketing appears to be going smoothly, the change in reward compromised security.

The marketing efforts will be in vain without addressing the vulnerability of the coin.
If this community just wants to sit around and wait and see, KDC will become one of the coins of the crypto bubble.  I believe it is as good a coin as any to become a viable transactional electronic currency, however most of you would disagree with me on the price target for such a coin.  Smiley

The price was clearly being driven into the ground by the sheer amount of minted coins per day pre fork. Post fork the price was climbing, the hashrate was still healthy, then everything went wrong and now we're faced with that.

Add to that the loss of 2 exchanges used a fair bit for this coin leaving us with coinedup which has 50BTC per day across all pairs, its hard to recover, its hard for the price to go up and make the coin attractive to miners.

16 coins per block per minute is plenty for a coin like KDC, its just everything else has gone against us.

You could look at it that way, but it does take some time for information to disseminate to all participants, there are no Bloomberg terminals for ALT COIN news. Smiley  The fact that CoinWarz was still computing with 77 block reward was highly distortive until they corrected it the next day.

KDC was a profitable coin to mine and a market liquid enough to trade on CoinedUp before the fork. No one just abandons that opportunity because of a 12 hour hiccup. You may sit on the sidelines for a bit until the dust settles but you hold on to that config ready to get back into that coin if you can make a profit.

Since the fork the coin has been mined and hoarded drying up liquidity increasing the BID/ASK spread destroying confidence.

16 coin reward will simply not support a secure network hash at these prices.  Continuing to hoard the coin will not increase the price, it only makes the true value less transparent eroding confidence chasing away BIDS.  

Just go look at CoinedUp now, as NET HASH has gone down and profitability up, spreads are narrowing and action is returning a bit.  However there are fewer coins per day being payed so the volume will be lower then in the past.  Or it could be my rant last night telling people to get in there and place some orders and keep the spread tight.  Either way the right thing is happening Smiley

Summary, the number of coins minted @ 77/block had little bearing on the price of the coin.  What happened good or bad hours after the fork was a period of distortion and should be discounted. What we have right now is a result of the coins current configuration and the forces at play on all ALT COIN. The facts are that price is what someone is willing to pay, hash rate is not free and miners are not in business to 'dump' coin at a loss.

Finally, the ALT COINs that understand the importance of HASH RATE and price stability are going to survive.
legendary
Activity: 1120

legendary

legendary
when we get on MintPal (if we get on mintpal) would it not be advantageous to remove KDC from all the small BS exchanges? Then push to get on Cryptsy.

You didn't seriously just suggest that.   Shocked

What would you plan to do?  Ask REALLY nicely that they remove the coin from their listings and expect that they just... will?   Undecided

Yes! LOL I guess I dont understand the process of getting unlisted?  From your comment I gather that there is no control, so any BS exchange can trade your coin?

Edit: I remember on EAC a BS exchasnge listed them and the devs asked them to remove it and they did. They never said which exchange it was though. (or at least i dont remember...old man here... Cheesy )

Anyone could hypothetically "create" an exchange as long as the wallet/daemon is publicly available.  Once they have the wallet/daemon, there is essentially no way to stop them from doing whatever they want with it.

As a very simplistic example, I can't force YOU to stop using KDC in any way.  I can ask, but you can just tell me to screw off and I can't do anything about it.

Gotcha.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
when we get on MintPal (if we get on mintpal) would it not be advantageous to remove KDC from all the small BS exchanges? Then push to get on Cryptsy.

What would you plan to do?  Ask REALLY nicely that they remove the coin from their listings and expect that they just... will?   Undecided

Yes! LOL I guess I dont understand the process of getting unlisted?  From your comment I gather that there is no control, so any BS exchange can trade your coin?

Edit: I remember on EAC a BS exchasnge listed them and the devs asked them to remove it and they did. They never said which exchange it was though. (or at least i dont remember...old man here... Cheesy )

Anyone could hypothetically "create" an exchange as long as the wallet/daemon is publicly available.  Once they have the wallet/daemon, there is essentially no way to stop them from doing whatever they want with it.

As a very simplistic example, I can't force YOU to stop using KDC in any way.  I can ask, but you can just tell me to screw off and I can't do anything about it.
Activity: 26
I think jackdminer know what it says, and was an asset belonging to the dev team Klondikecoin. and my opinion.

Activity: 84

Do you mean to say you expected the hash rate to remain at 400 Mh after the fork?  How would you expect that when the paycheck was cut so drastically?   The daily reward from mining was not just dumped on the market,  a seller always wants the highest price and a good miner puts his sell orders in at various points above the BID, always!  If anything the daily reward facilitated price discovery and provided market liquidity on top of 400 Mh!

You can blame the stars and the moon until the cows come home,  the fundamentals today are 1 Mh/day cost .008 BTC, that's why the net hash as declined since the fork...  Everything else is irrelevant

If you all think this coin is on life support today just wait until the block reward is 4!  You can't adjust price with the block reward if you could it would be done and all these coins would have passed the moon and be half way to Uranus!

The price will do what the price will do, what coin devs need to do is secure and market the coin.  The marketing appears to be going smoothly, the change in reward compromised security.

The marketing efforts will be in vain without addressing the vulnerability of the coin.
If this community just wants to sit around and wait and see, KDC will become one of the coins of the crypto bubble.  I believe it is as good a coin as any to become a viable transactional electronic currency, however most of you would disagree with me on the price target for such a coin.  Smiley

The price was clearly being driven into the ground by the sheer amount of minted coins per day pre fork. Post fork the price was climbing, the hashrate was still healthy, then everything went wrong and now we're faced with that.

Add to that the loss of 2 exchanges used a fair bit for this coin leaving us with coinedup which has 50BTC per day across all pairs, its hard to recover, its hard for the price to go up and make the coin attractive to miners.

16 coins per block per minute is plenty for a coin like KDC, its just everything else has gone against us.
legendary

Activity: 196

legendary

Jump to: